• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ben Roberts a Griz?

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Thought this deserved its own thread.......

There are some rumors swirling around that Ben Roberts has enrolled at U of M and will play his senior year of football for the Griz. Ben was a three sport standout at Missoula Sentinel. He had Division 1 offers in basketball, football, and baseball. He was drafted as an 18 year old by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 7th round but decided to go play college ball at a Washington State. He had football offers from UNLV, MSU, Montana and others. He is 6'3 and 210 lbs. He could dunk as an 8th grader and just won a dunk contest at a big 3 on 3 tourney. Here's a sweet article on him from a couple years back:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/RTaEWO2wEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/record-setting-montana-receiver-ben-roberts-also-excels-in-baseball.htm

Kyke or AJ, any teeth to this? Could be a nice addition.

I heard the same rumor from a pretty reliable source. Sounds like we have another WR in camp this fall. He's no Roderick (Ha!) but could be a guy that gets on the field for the Griz.

One more article/video with some good info. Sounds like he didn't get drafted again in the spring MLB draft and graduated early. So with degree in hand, he could enroll as a grad student at U of M and play football. He could also return to WSU for a final year of baseball.

Check out his catch down the left field line on the video...that landed a #4 spot on the SportsCenter top 10 that day. Athlete no doubt.

http://m.nbcmontana.com/sports/mlb-prospect-ben-roberts-hopeful-for-draft-selection/33492190

HookedonGriz said:
One more article/video with some good info. Sounds like he didn't get drafted again in the spring MLB draft and graduated early. So with degree in hand, he could enroll as a grad student at U of M and play football. He could also return to WSU for a final year of baseball.

Check out his catch down the left field line on the video...that landed a #4 spot on the SportsCenter top 10 that day. Athlete no doubt.

http://m.nbcmontana.com/sports/mlb-prospect-ben-roberts-hopeful-for-draft-selection/33492190

Take notes, Big Play.

Or maybe that was the problem.

Saweet sounds like it's official. Guy hasn't played football for a while but was definitely one of the bigger recruits coming out of Montana his senior year. Obviously he's a very good athlete. With his size, I'm guessing he will find his way onto the field

I can confirm Roberts has been practicing with the Griz the past couple of weeks.

It was also on the tv news tonight that Roberts was burned out on the diamond, and didn't want to give up his college experience.

He is an athletic (mature) kid, this might be a huge deal! :D

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Do you think he'll make the roster, and do you think he'll contribute much? Not being a dick, just wondering because you'll answer without unbridled boas and sugar coating :lol: Hasn't donned pads in over five years?

It doesn't matter that he hasn't played in 5 years.

He has the frame, hands and speed to make this team. The only people he doesnt need to beat out are Henderson, Jones and Daum.

The rest are very vanilla

poorgriz said:
...unbridled boas...
I myself try to keep my boas bridled but getting the tiny little bits into their mouths is really quite difficult. Probably about as tough as finding a reason to troll a rivals message board.

poorgriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Do you think he'll make the roster, and do you think he'll contribute much? Not being a dick, just wondering because you'll answer without unbridled boas and sugar coating :lol: Hasn't donned pads in over five years?

Athletes are athletes, he's not going to forget how to track a football and catch it. I think he'll compete, contribute, and makes the Griz better. He's big, strong, fast and athletic; what's not to like about him?

He needs practice to knock the route-running rust off, of course.

It's recent athletic plays like these :)37 to :47 and :1:37 to 1:47) that lead me to believe he'll be of value to the Griz. http://m.nbcmontana.com/sports/mlb-prospect-ben-roberts-hopeful-for-draft-selection/33492190

Ben was a legit Pac 12 receiver out of high school. I think he is going to be a major weapon for the Griz before this season is all over. He's the most athletic kid I've ever seen in MT - not that I've seen them all by any means.

Grisly Fan said:
poorgriz said:
...unbridled boas...
I myself try to keep my boas bridled but getting the tiny little bits into their mouths is really quite difficult. Probably about as tough as finding a reason to troll a rivals message board.

You can't bring snakes into WaGriz. We had this discussion previously.

EverettGriz said:
Grisly Fan said:
poorgriz said:
...unbridled boas...

You can't bring snakes into WaGriz. We had this discussion previously.

One of my all-time favorite threads. An absolute classic: http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=63851

firmgriz said:
Ben was a legit Pac 12 receiver out of high school. I think he is going to be a major weapon for the Griz before this season is all over. He's the most athletic kid I've ever seen in MT - not that I've seen them all by any means.

Ben will be just fine. The year with him and Matt Miller in AA was incredible. Can't wait to see him in Maroon & Silver!! And this offense will be just perfect for him. Probably why the Cats never wanted him..... :thumb:

Back