• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Bad Will Gregoreks Defense Be This Year?

ALPHAGRIZ1

I dont even need to say anything, its gonna be a long season on defense and everyone who is anyone knows it.

There isnt one single former player that disagrees with TY being in way over his head and the number one consensus is hes a bad guy that should be a position coach, nothing more.

I know Stitt will address this ASAP when he watches teams fu*king torch us yet again for the 5th straight year.

Its funny to know that right now PlayaRAPe is going to grab the box scores from Montana St, Sac St or Northern Colorado hoping to cherry pick his way into Tys panties................

:lol: :lol:

Oh goody, another "Griz suck" thread from Alpha. Can't you just stick to maroon blood and spare us all your constant negativity? You used to be one of my favorite reads on here, now...the rants are just tiresome.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I dont even need to say anything, its gonna be a long season on defense and everyone who is anyone knows it.

There isnt one single former player that disagrees with TY being in way over his head and the number one consensus is hes a bad guy that should be a position coach, nothing more.

I know Stitt will address this ASAP when he watches teams fu*king torch us yet again for the 5th straight year.

I DO believe that Stitt will have TG on a "short leash" this season. For one reason, Ty is not his guy.....

Defintely have concerns about the D. Especially being thin on the line. I am hopeful that a more explosive offense can get more consistent first downs and keep the D off the field a bit more. I know Stitt's O is hurry up, but his TOP at School of Mines was decent. However, I expect struggles on both sides of the ball early in the season due to transitions and level of competition. So, somewhat ugly early with improving numbers as the season progresses.

Griz2k said:
Oh goody, another "Griz suck" thread from Alpha. Can't you just stick to maroon blood and spare us all your constant negativity? You used to be one of my favorite reads on here, now...the rants are just tiresome.

You know, you could just share your opinion about the D or just ignore the post.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Its funny to know that right now PlayaRAPe is going to grab the box scores from Montana St, Sac St or Northern Colorado hoping to cherry pick his way into Tys panties................

Don't need to grab those box scores in particular. Let's take them though, in addition to some others:

MSU: Averaged 38.2 PPG. Scored 7
EWU: Averaged 44.1 PPG. Scored 37 & 36
Sac St: Averaged 38.1. Scored 13
NDSU: Averaged 32.9. Scored 22 (The same guys who put up 34 on a Big 10 school and scored 38,27,39,35 and 29 in their playoff run)
SUU: Averaged 23.7. Scored 17
Wyoming: Averaged 23.5 (Against MWC foes). Scored 17
San Diego: Averaged 26.1. Scored 14
South Dakota: Averaged 19.4 against MFVC. Scored 20

I could go through and dissect the YPC, TOP, etc., etc., but why bother. Suffice it to say that if LAST YEAR'S defense shows up with what we're anticipating out of Stitt's OFFENSE, this should be a VERY fun year to watch football.

And, for the record, I don't know Ty and don't want into his "panties".

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Don't need to grab those box scores in particular. Let's take them though, in addition to some others:

NDSU: Averaged 32.9. Scored 22 (The same guys who put up 34 on a Big 10 school and scored 38,27,39,35 and 29 in their playoff run)

I could go through and dissect the YPC, TOP, etc., etc., but why bother. Suffice it to say that if LAST YEAR'S defense shows up with what we're anticipating out of Stitt's OFFENSE, this should be a VERY fun year to watch football.

:clap:

Winning the argument with facts, a rare things seen on egriz anymore!

BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I still doubt Alpha will see that as a winning argument. His opinion outweighs ALL facts.

BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I think you could do this with about 95% of Alpha's opinions on Egriz.

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

None of those number matter since they are ran ip every week against the shit box that is the BSC.

Thanks for playing though, I appreciate you.

CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

I DO believe that Stitt will have TG on a "short leash" this season. For one reason, Ty is not his guy.....

My opinion is that coach Stitt,will try to keep TG on a short leash is not because he is not his guy, its because he will be coach Stitts replacement if coach Stitt is not what all the soothsayer on this board believe he is.

I also believe that coach Stitt didn't have much to say about TG being the defensive coordinator, just my humble opinion.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
None of those number matter since they are ran ip every week against the shit box that is the BSC.

Last I checked we're still playing in the BSC so it should matter

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

And, for the record, I don't know Ty and don't want into his panties.

Not sure what language you're speaking there, good sir. And last time I checked, NDSU, Wyoming, San Diego and South Dakota are NOT in the BSC shitbox.

I guess I'm not anyone because I just found out the Grizzly D is going to suck this year.

Statistics seem to indicate that TG is doing pretty good job with the D. Teams score less than their season average and that is the bottom line. You win when you score more points than your opponent.

Does anyone have any factual reasons to believe that the defense will not be as good as it was last year? Saying it does not make it so!

MaxximusGriz13 said:
I guess I'm not anyone because I just found out the Grizzly D is going to suck this year.

Statistics seem to indicate that TG is doing pretty good job with the D. Teams score less than their season average and that is the bottom line. You win when you score more points than your opponent.

Does anyone have any factual reasons to believe that the defense will not be as good as it was last year? Saying it does not make it so!

An item that has been addressed with the new coaching hire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our D should be very good this year. My guess is better than last. I do not expect us to shut down NDSU though so if our offense can't keep up, we probably lose. We are improved at corner (I think McKinley becomes a stud as the season progresses), presumably linebacker since we lost no one. Really exciting to see the potential of Whitted, Rasmusen, and Yamen at safety (sorry to those that think Sandry will play this year, he will not). Unknowns on D-line, will Schye become a stud backup at d-end? Will Sims come in and immediately impress? Will Bradley and Wilson be able to hold the line as backup DT's against big, physical o-lines? NDSU's line will be a handful, and our linebackers are going to have have to help collapse more than normal. I think Stitt was very lucky to have Ty and his defense in place. Stitt has already said multiple times that he believes our defense is better than any we'll face this year, and I agree with him. It will make his job easier. If we were breaking in new offensive and defensive schemes this year I would be nervous...as is, I'm just excited as hell.

Back