• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Safety Help

ALPHAGRIZ1

Since safety play is the weakest link on the team (and that is saying something with this OL) it is nice to see Stitt actively addressing this position and trying to add a few people.

Lord knows Gregorek and Delaney didnt

I thought this was going to be about a song by Men Without [Jimmy] Hats. I don't always leave my friends behind, but when I do, it's because they don't dance, and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine.

CDAGRIZ said:
I thought this was going to be about a song by Men Without [Jimmy] Hats. I don't always leave my friends behind, but when I do, it's because they don't dance, and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4okRvCg2g[/youtube]

CDAGRIZ said:

Don't make me do it without the fez on! Safety first, Costco - always Costco.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Since safety play is the weakest link on the team (and that is saying something with this OL) it is nice to see Stitt actively addressing this position and trying to add a few people.

That's because in their minds they had great talent at the position. It's amazing what a fresh set of eyes sees.......

CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

That's because in their minds they had great talent at the position. It's amazing what a fresh set of eyes sees.......

My understanding is that the new coaches have liked the talent level of the secondary and are excited about the players. It's amazing what an accurate and unbiased answer reveals.

grizindabox said:
PR...the poster boy for accuracy and non-bias...

I would be happy to explain and defense any of my football posts. Let me know what you want explained, or want to debate.

CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Who recruited Manu Rasmussen? Delaney/Gregorak. Is he not in the running to start at safety this year as a freshmen? Aren't people high on Sandry? Another Delaney/Gregorak recruit. If Whitted stays healthy he will likely be all conference. Both safety and secondary could be very good this year...For all we know Gregorak brought Yemen in :thumb: In either case, Stitt's not the first coach in the world to bring in a transfer for support. pretty common practice, fellas.

Alaska Griz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Who recruited Manu Rasmussen? Delaney/Gregorak. Is he not in the running to start at safety this year as a freshmen? Aren't people high on Sandry? Another Delaney/Gregorak recruit. If Whitted stays healthy he will likely be all conference. Both safety and secondary could be very good this year...For all we know Gregorak brought Yemen in :thumb: In either case, Stitt's not the first coach in the world to bring in a transfer for support. pretty common practice, fellas.

So without Sanders, you're saying the safety position is a strength for the Griz?

CV Griz Fan said:
Alaska Griz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

So without Sanders, you're saying the safety position is a strength for the Griz?

Here are the safeties currently listed on the roster:

Justin Whitted
Yamen Sanders
Jake Dallaserra
Eric Johnson
Evan Epperly
Mick Delaney
Josh Sandry
Jerrin Williams

Manu is still not listed on the roster, but this is just supposed to be an oversight per AJ. With Manu and the top four on this list we have decent depth and quality. The rest are mostly young and will make an impact in the future. It would not hurt my feelings if we got a quality transfer at safety, but assuming Manu is in the mix we will have 5 capable to very good safeties this year.

CV Griz Fan said:
Alaska Griz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Like all transfers, don't know if Sanders will be a factor or not, hoping he is. My post reacted to you making assumptions that Stitt brought Sanders in while implying that Gregorak was not involved or didn't think it necessary, which is just dumb unless you actually know. So you're alleging fault in someone and praising someone else based on your assumption? Is that accurate? Once again, don't know who brought Sanders in, don't care...glad he is here. Is safety a strength you ask? I don't know, the season hasn't started. Obviously, linebacker is a proven strength in the sense that we return everyone from a good unit. Saying safety is a weakness before the season starts is baseless. Same with o-line. Either way, I like our potential at the safety position. Every year some unit ends up weaker than initially predicted and another might end up stronger.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
No thanks I know why Stitt is going after another safety plus your "accuracy" misses the reality mark

Is there a position on the team where Stitt wouldn't upgrade the talent level if the opportunity presented itself?

AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
No thanks I know why Stitt is going after another safety plus your "accuracy" misses the reality mark

Is there a position on the team where Stitt wouldn't upgrade the talent level if the opportunity presented itself?

Lot P Tailgate Crew..... well um except for Titleist.... he'd kick Titleist to the curb faster than a Vegas escalator on the way to the Saphire Club....

Who recruited Manu Rasmussen? Delaney/Gregorak. Is he not in the running to start at safety this year as a freshmen? Aren't people high on Sandry? Another Delaney/Gregorak recruit. If Whitted stays healthy he will likely be all conference. Both safety and secondary could be very good this year...For all we know Gregorak brought Yemen in :thumb: In either case, Stitt's not the first coach in the world to bring in a transfer for support. pretty common practice, fellas.[/quote]

So without Sanders, you're saying the safety position is a strength for the Griz?[/quote]

Here are the safeties currently listed on the roster:

Justin Whitted
Yamen Sanders
Jake Dallaserra
Eric Johnson
Evan Epperly
Mick Delaney
Josh Sandry
Jerrin Williams

Manu is still not listed on the roster, but this is just supposed to be an oversight per AJ. With Manu and the top four on this list we have decent depth and quality. The rest are mostly young and will make an impact in the future. It would not hurt my feelings if we got a quality transfer at safety, but assuming Manu is in the mix we will have 5 capable to very good safeties this year.[/quote]

Manu is now listed on the roster on GoGriz #8

I think this is alpha dropping a hint there could be another safety on the way that could better the team. We shall see. The season is about to begin, soon to be followed by the school year. Maybe Stitt is still trying to uncover more talent for this season.

Back