• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz a 15 point under dog to the Bison!

rocklobster

I think it's high (and so is the guy who predicted it)! I suppose with the new coach, new QB, and it's NDSU-it's understandable. I personally think it's gonna be closer. It's not time to predict a score, so I won't.
However, the Griz held them to 22 points last year-in Fargo! They bent a lot-but didn't break! And that was with a mediocre offensive game. It may be a pipe dream-THE ICEMAN COMETH-but this may be a scenario where an over-confident Bison team loses their first game. Of course, I may be wrong and Alpha will tell me I'm full of crap-because that's what he does-but this sets up as an App. St. game!

The line is fair.

Too many question marks to expect a better number...new coach/system, new QB, questions on the OL, some big shoes to fill on defense, and it is NDSU...even without Crockett they still have Wentz and will play great defense. This game would look better about 4 or 5 games in.

Will be a good measuring stick early.

jodcon said:
The line is fair.

Too many question marks to expect a better number ... new coach/system, new QB, questions on the OL, some big shoes to fill on defense, and it is NDSU...even without Crockett they still have Wentz and will play great defense. This game would look better about 4 or 5 games in.

Will be a good measuring stick early.
Agree across the board. We (most Griz fans, anyway) hope that the players can learn an offensive system that is radically new to them. If they do, I have great hopes for a win, actually, because I think the defense will be "okay." The Griz D has always seemed better able to use the home-crowd enthusiasm to play well, so I think they can hold their own, and then some. But if the O doesn't cut it, the D will play well for awhile but then run out of gas -- and it won't be pretty late (I expect NDSU to still be pretty damn good).

rocklobster said:
I think it's high (and so is the guy who predicted it)! I suppose with the new coach, new QB, and it's NDSU-it's understandable. I personally think it's gonna be closer. It's not time to predict a score, so I won't.
However, the Griz held them to 22 points last year-in Fargo! They bent a lot-but didn't break! And that was with a mediocre offensive game. It may be a pipe dream-THE ICEMAN COMETH-but this may be a scenario where an over-confident Bison team loses their first game. Of course, I may be wrong and Alpha will tell me I'm full of crap-because that's what he does-but this sets up as an App. St. game!

Reason for being a 15 point dog at home.......
Last year

Montana First Downs 9 NDSU 24
Montana Total Plays 48 NDSU 79
Montana Total Yards 256 NDSU 447
Montana Rushing Yards 68 NDSU 280
Montana TOP 20:54 NDSU 39:06

Plus new coach, system etc.

I think AJ Mazzolini tweeted something about how the last time the Griz lost at home by over 15 was in 1990 to Idaho. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the T-Buffs won by more than 15, but I don't think it's likely. Their QB has likely never played in an environment like WA-Griz. First game of the year, there will be several false starts, miscommunications, etc. I'm not saying the Griz will win, I would just take the Griz and the points.

WE HAVE KNOWN THIS SINCE MAY. why the new thread.

in fact it was NDSU -16 so at least you guys are getting some money put on ya!

Oh it was BETUS.com & bodog.com that had the betting line, not your "source"

Carson Wentz hasn't played in that atmosphere? 64,000 at Iowa State down 14-0 with a crowd much much much louder than you. OH, He scored 34 straight points. HAHAHA. you guys are cute

Bisonation said:
Carson Wentz hasn't played in that atmosphere? 64,000 at Iowa State down 14-0 with a crowd much much much louder than you.

I certainly hope he thinks that! He hasn't played in an atmosphere like WA-Griz, trust me, kiddo.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:
Carson Wentz hasn't played in that atmosphere? 64,000 at Iowa State down 14-0 with a crowd much much much louder than you.

I certainly hope he thinks that! He hasn't played in an atmosphere like WA-Griz, trust me, kiddo.

It won't come down to the QB play. It'll come down to the Griz being able to stop the run or not.....If there are similar stats to last year, the Bison will win going away....

CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:

It won't come down to the QB play. It'll come down to the Griz being able to stop the run or not.....If there are similar stats to last year, the Bison will win going away....

Well, that may be. But, at least we won't be T-Buffs.

Ah yes.....defense. Ponder this though. Which teams did the Bison play last year, or even in 13 with an offense similar to what Stitt is supposed to be offering? How did they do? Obviously they won but they have no film to review from Stitt in Montana and even we aren't sure what to expect. I haven't followed every UNUSD game so I'm asking.

With that said 15 points is fair if not generous although I am hoping for a blindside and although I know some of you disagree, I would be just a little big excited for a single digit loss.....first game of the year, new coach, qb and system against three time consecutive champs and what not.

Yeah, this game will be a piece of cake for UNDSU. It's an easy place to play. No problem. The Buffs should concentrate on Game #2. They're just that good. And their fans are humble as fuck.

NDSU deserves to be favored by 15. They are the champs until they're not the champs no more. Yes, they are that good. Now, of course, Bison fans, and AG1, who think playing Alabama or Florida State would be a pick em' are why they get roasted on here, but yes, the Bison are that good and deserve the line, even in Wash-Griz.

And no, Iowa State's crowd was not as loud from a decible level standpoint as Wash-Griz. I personally think Wentz will handle it just fine, especially if he gets up by two scores and the crowd starts to sit on their hands. But no, I'm sorry, Iowa State is not louder than a traditional Wash-Griz crowd. It's also probably not as loud as the Fargo Dome either ironically. Attendance has little to do with decible level in many situations.

Bisonation said:
WE HAVE KNOWN THIS SINCE MAY. why the new thread.

in fact it was NDSU -16 so at least you guys are getting some money put on ya!

that atmosphere? 64,000 at Iowa State down 14-0 with a crowd much much much louder than you. OH, He scored 34 straight points. HAHAHA. you guys are cute

I'm not talking to you! Go back to your in-bred, hot-dish-eatin', Bison blog! :troll:

...corn fed drop down big ten wannabes...
...have never seen this crowd/atmosphere...
...this is a one touch down game or i'll never...

... :clap: ...

CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:

The "atmosphere" at UM is not such a big deal to a team that has won 3 national titles in 3 years, played in Big 10 houses, and has rabid fans of their own. I've been to games at Wash=Griz and while occasionally loud, not a big deal. In fact, most of the stadium is dull and absent for much of the game...sorry, but sooner or later you have to win the big ones. NDSU has been doing that for some time now.

zengriz said:
...corn fed drop down big ten wannabes...
...have never seen this crowd/atmosphere...
...this is a one touch down game or i'll never...

... :clap: ...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:

The "atmosphere" at UM is not such a big deal to a team that has won 3 national titles in 3 years, played in Big 10 houses, and has rabid fans of their own. I've been to games at Wash=Griz and while occasionally loud, not a big deal. In fact, most of the stadium is dull and absent for much of the game...sorry, but sooner or later you have to win the big ones. NDSU has been doing that for some time now.

Haha! Well played.

Back