• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Future Scheduling

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Thought this was exciting......

12. Anyone interested in some long-range football scheduling? Montana and Northern Iowa earlier this month announced a home-and-home football series that will start in 2016 in Cedar Falls and conclude in 2018 in Missoula, and that's only the start of the contracts that have nonconference games locked in through the 2021 season. Look for a pair of schools from east of the Mississippi to visit Missoula in 2016 and '17, followed in 2018 by a team out of the Pioneer Football League, then a home-and-home series with a member of the Ohio Valley Conference in 2020 and '21. And those are just the FCS opponents. High-profile games against teams from the Pac-12 -- on the road of course -- will be coming in 2017, '19 and '21 (and you'd be wise to remember that every-other-year-a-Pac-12 trend). Opponents and dates will be announced on gogriz.com as contracts are finalized.

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2015/7/29/GEN_0729152626.aspx

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
All except the Pioneer game. Eff that crap. Get SDSU, Illinois State, etc. instead.

I have no problem with a Pioneer team...they are FCS

I STARTED typing that I"d rather we play Fort Lewis or Southern Oregon again, but deleted it for exactly that reason. At least PFL teams are counters. :thumb:

HookedonGriz said:

12. Anyone interested in some long-range football scheduling? Montana and Northern Iowa earlier this month announced a home-and-home football series that will start in 2016 in Cedar Falls and conclude in 2018 in Missoula, and that's only the start of the contracts that have nonconference games locked in through the 2021 season. Look for a pair of schools from east of the Mississippi to visit Missoula in 2016 and '17, followed in 2018 by a team out of the Pioneer Football League, then a home-and-home series with a member of the Ohio Valley Conference in 2020 and '21. And those are just the FCS opponents. High-profile games against teams from the Pac-12 -- on the road of course -- will be coming in 2017, '19 and '21 (and you'd be wise to remember that every-other-year-a-Pac-12 trend). Opponents and dates will be announced on gogriz.com as contracts are finalized.

Here's what I'll predict

2017: UW (obviously)
2019: WSU
2021: OSU

"A pair of schools from east of the Mississippi in 2016 and 2017" implies that they are NOT H/H agreements but 1 and done's, which implies not top-shelf teams like JMU, UD, etc. H/H with OVC is hopefully J-State or EKU.

It would be good to see even UM's future BSC game dates. The dates 2016-19 have been known for the whole conf. for well over a year, but the UM AD does not see a need to share with fans who might need to make plans. I have prodded Sundberg on this, but it either doesn't make the "to do" list or we don't qualify as "need to know."

This has been on the UND webpage since 5/14 (doesn't look to have taken a lot of manhours to post):

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209494583

So other than the rivals, EWU and MSU, we know we have mid Oct. games with UND in 2017 and 2018 and do not play them in 2016 and 2019. Not much else. I haven't searched the other BSC websites, but could not find a general schedule on the BSC website; big surprise.

kemajic said:
It would be good to see even UM's future BSC game dates. The dates 2016-19 have been known for the whole conf. for well over a year, but the UM AD does not see a need to share with fans who might need to make plans. I have prodded Sundberg on this, but it either doesn't make the "to do" list or we don't qualify as "need to know."

This has been on the UND webpage since 5/14 (doesn't look to have taken a lot of manhours to post):

So other than the rivals, EWU and MSU, we know we have mid Oct. games with UND in 2017 and 2018 and do not play them in 2016 and 2019. Not much else. I haven't searched the other BSC websites, but could not find a general schedule on the BSC website; big surprise.

Are you looking to plan your 2019 Griz gamedays?

AZGrizFan said:
Here's what I'll predict

"A pair of schools from east of the Mississippi in 2016 and 2017" implies that they are NOT H/H agreements but 1 and done's, which implies not top-shelf teams like JMU, UD, etc. H/H with OVC is hopefully J-State or EKU.
2017 and 2021 have been announced as @ Washington. 2019 could be WSU or (more likely) Oregon, I believe all other Pac 12 teams have a full non-conf or already have an FCS game in 2019. Oregon only shows 2 teams for 2019, WSU shows 1.

Agree on FCS opponents, although hopefully at least 1 is an Ivy.

Grizbeer said:
AZGrizFan said:
Here's what I'll predict

2017 and 2021 have been announced as @ Washington. 2019 could be WSU or (more likely) Oregon, I believe all other Pac 12 teams have a full non-conf or already have an FCS game in 2019. Oregon only shows 2 teams for 2019, WSU shows 1.

Agree on FCS opponents, although hopefully at least 1 is an Ivy.
When was 2021 announced as UW?

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Here's what I'll predict

I would be good with Eastern Illinois too but obviously I'd want JVille St.

grizindabox said:
kemajic said:

Don't be a smartass. I don't think it's asking too much to share known information, particularly since we no longer play a balanced schedule and so far we know of only two of our 2016 BSC games. If you think it is asking too much, let us know why.

kemajic said:
grizindabox said:
kemajic said:

Don't be a smartass. I don't think it's asking too much to share known information, particularly since we no longer play a balanced schedule and so far we know of only two of our 2016 BSC games. If you think it is asking too much, let us know why.

Guess you just need something to biatch about...carry on

Spanky said:
Wyoming should be on our schedule every other year.

So should Utah State, Colorado State, Boise State, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Idaho, New Mexico State and San Diego State. :cool: :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
Spanky said:
Wyoming should be on our schedule every other year.

So should Utah State, Colorado State, Boise State, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Idaho, New Mexico State and San Diego State. :cool: :cool: :cool:

I agree AZ but they can't write a big enough check for the Griz to take the time....

Back