• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1984 Mirage Bowl

Sundown

Found an interesting piece of Griz history on youtube.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GypTo84BCVw[/youtube]

I think I remember seeing some kind of plaque in the Hall for the bowl appearance.

Here's a write-up from the NY Times about the game.

Michael Shapiro said:
The crowd (Montana players admitted being a bit awed by its size because they play in a 12,500-seat stadium that is not always filled) saw Marty Mornhinweg, the Montana quarterback, pass for 424 yards, completing 31 of 48 passes, one completion being a 63-yard touchdown pass play with the tight end Curt McGinness.

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Dillon said:
Wow - Did not see any Griz offensive highlights.

Nope, but you saw footage of a game played in 1984, in Japan . . .

Have to admit - Never realized we even played Army ever!

Pretty cool, right? It's a good thing we have this video of a very obscure game in 1984 to prove that we played Army in Japan!

indian-outlaw said:
I remember that game. I remember thinking how the hell did we get invited to a bowl game? We were 2-9.

The Griz were invited because of Mike Mansfield

CDAGRIZ said:
Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Dillon said:
Wow - Did not see any Griz offensive highlights.

Nope, but you saw footage of a game played in 1984, in Japan . . .

Have to admit - Never realized we even played Army ever!

Pretty cool, right? It's a good thing we have this video of a very obscure game in 1984 to prove that we played Army in Japan!
That's better. I don't login to efizz to see you idiots get your fucking asses handed to you in record setting fashion. That's not why I'm here. I'm here because of the total nonsense, complete hypocrisy, arrogance, ego centrism, apologist-ism, jock sniffing, utter train wrecks for threads, and total and complete eating of your own. That's why I'm here. Please stop posting videos of the grizz getting destroyed in record setting fashion. Thanks.

Sundown, my hat is off to you good sir. This is the single greatest find/thread in the history of egriz. I'm pretty sure Chris invented egriz for this very moment.

You see the thread title and think, "huh, probably another thread about how there's no video evidence of the cat's mirage of a NC game." But then you click on it and not only is there a glorious surprise, but it also further proves cat people truly are delusional because all along it was the Griz who played in the big game in 1984!

At about the 2:30 mark, #50 on the Griz starts to signal a touchdown, but then he realizes he's on defense, not offense, and sheepishly puts his hands back down as the Army dude trots into the end-zone. Perhaps the lowest point in Griz football history.

Cat people are hilarious! Predictable, super fucking predictable, but hilarious. Just think, they actually are fans of Bozeman State, ahahahaha!

garizzalies said:
Sundown, my hat is off to you good sir. This is the single greatest find/thread in the history of egriz. I'm pretty sure Chris invented egriz for this very moment.

:thumb:

ABQCat said:
Please stop posting videos of the griz getting destroyed in record setting fashion. Thanks.

I was trying to find some quantifiable pics/vids of the '69 Camellia Bowl against NDSU, but to no avail. That historical beat-down would have really moistened your panties.

Back