• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fall Practice Schedule

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
Anybody sneaking into practices and tweeting out tid-bits? :D

Griz football: Montana announces fall practice schedule

One month before they open a highly anticipated season against a four-time defending champion in a nationally televised showcase, the Montana Grizzlies announced their fall camp practice schedule.

Beginning Aug. 4, the Griz will hold 22 practices, wrapping up the preseason Aug. 27 with a closed practice two days before North Dakota State comes to Missoula to open the college football season in a game broadcast by ESPN.

All practices are closed to the public.

Included in the Grizzlies' slate are three scrimmages, two of which will be open to the public. Those two scrimmages are scheduled for Aug. 10 and Aug. 15. The third is scheduled for Aug. 20.

Montana will open its first fall camp under first-year head coach Bob Stitt with 12 consecutive days of practice. The Griz will dawn full pads for half of their practices during that stretch and will undergo two-a-days twice during the opening session.

Stitt was hired on Dec. 16 after Mick Delaney retired following a three-year stint as Montana's head coach. The former Colorado School of Mines coach promises to bring an up-tempo, ball control offense that figures to a break from pro-style schemes utilized under Delaney.

At the center of Montana's fall camp will be the fine tuning of Stitt's offense and the continuation of a quarterback competition to replace three-year starter Jordan Johnson.

Montana wrapped spring drills in April with redshirt junior Brady Gustafson as the leading candidate to start against the Bison. But he figures to face competition from transfers Chad Chalich (Idaho) and Eric Prater (Hawaii) and redshirt sophomore Makena Simis.

The new coaching staff will also be given its first look at a recruiting class that has grown to more than 30 newcomers. Included in that group are Division I transfers Keenan Curran (Air Force) and Tyler Lucas (Penn State), who will join a crowded receivers group. Arizona transfer Yamen Sanders is expected to challenge for playing time at safety.

Montana has been ranked in three preseason FCS polls ranging anywhere from No. 15 to No. 20. The STATS FCS preseason poll (the former Sports Network poll) is expected to be released in mid August.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/griz-football-montana-announces-fall-practice-schedule/article_86275b69-d894-512b-b9bc-92f5abc91f4b.html

It will be a long wait until the season kicks off. For me, the closer it gets, the longer each day drags by. I look forward to some updates/reports of the practices. I have a feeling things are going to be pretty restricted though.

mtgrizrule said:
I look forward to some updates/reports of the practices. I have a feeling things are going to be pretty restricted though.

I hope so. Let the (mind) games begin! :thumb:

According to the article........Stitts continues to impress.....keeping the QB position open. He is not of a mind set to stick with something out of laziness or fear of being wrong.......you gotta love this objectivity about him...he appears to be all about knowing what he wants in his game and players and does not let anything interfere.
dude, may the best player abide

It will be tough to get updates as all the practices are closed to the public. That's a good thing to keep the suspense up and hopefully keep under wraps what we're planning to do so the other teams don't have as much time to defend against us, but I'll miss the practice reports.

And don't worry about QB: Gus will do just fine. He's a leader.

We need the drone guy to fly over. It's that important. Perhaps Growler can sneak in. Except he is always packin.

One of Egriz finest sneaks needs to find a way to give us reports. Hells fire I am so far North I need snow tires to get around. I will fly back around late August circle four times smell some smoke and smile all the way to Wa-Griz. Please let the sneaks give us reports. Hell lie if you must ....

I will have video of the practices I can make those that watched last year's stuff know where to find it.

If you didn't watch last year's video.......let's keep it that way.

zirge said:
According to the article........Stitts continues to impress.....keeping the QB position open. He is not of a mind set to stick with something out of laziness or fear of being wrong.......you gotta love this objectivity about him...he appears to be all about knowing what he wants in his game and players and does not let anything interfere.

Well, since none of the QB's are "his" guys, its fairly easy to play it that way.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I will have video of the practices I can make those that watched last year's stuff know where to find it.

You make practice today?

jodcon said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

You make practice today?

"Absolutely not".........................I didnt see Counts being awesome out there either

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
jodcon said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

You make practice today?

"Absolutely not".........................I didnt see Counts being awesome out there either

:coffee:

That's good not to hear, anything else you didn't see but heard?

How is it that practices are closed to the public? Isn't this a public university funded with public tax dollars? This subject comes up all the time and I'm still confused. Is this a little like violating "public meeting laws"? I need help understand this...

AZGrizFan said:
zirge said:

Well, since none of the QB's are "his" guys, its fairly easy to play it that way.

maybe......but i think he would be more objective than that.......he seems to have a head on his shoulders to consider the field of representatives to play his type of game

66volvo said:
How is it that practices are closed to the public? Isn't this a public university funded with public tax dollars? This subject comes up all the time and I'm still confused. Is this a little like violating "public meeting laws"? I need help understand this...

Seriously?

EverettGriz said:
66volvo said:

Seriously?

:puppy:

Back