• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Cal Poly Predictions

Stitt is a down to earth guy and he keeps things in perspective for these guys. Focus on each week and work on getting better. There will be no letdown this week.

Montana 45
Cal Poly 24

Cal Poly was 4th in the Big Sky in total defense last year. They only return half of their starters and lost two first team all Big Sky linebackers. I think the Griz D come ready to dominate, and the offense gets better timing between QB and receivers. Long day if you are Cal Poly fan.

Griz - 48

Cal Poly - 14

get'em_griz said:
Stitt is a down to earth guy and he keeps things in perspective for these guys. Focus on each week and work on getting better. There will be no letdown this week.

Montana 45
Cal Poly 24

I like this one :thumb:

get'em_griz said:

Montana 45
Cal Poly 24

That is the best philosophy to take. The other Stitt philosophy I like that I heard him mention recently is "play a tougher preseason schedule and that will pay off in conference play." I've been saying that for YEARS. Great to hear a Griz coach say it. Sounds like they are taking that philosophy to heart scheduling UW and UO in the next several years. REALLY looking forward to those games.

This offense looks nuts, and yes I'm talking about ours. This will be a bad week to be Cal Poly's defensive coordinator.

53-24 Griz

A certain linebacker is a little agitated that he had to sit the first one out. Griz at home. Stitt does not overlook the ponies and Griz prevail 36 to 14.

Honestly, if you think Montana will hold Poly to less than 28 after last year...I think you are crazy. Same Ty defense against the 3 headed monster. Game will be like NDSU except this year Montana can score some points.

Griz - 42
Poly - 28

if the Griz get a fast start: 52-21
if not, it's a pitched battle 40-35
The Griz will score points this year, and their will another surprise wrinkle or two in the offense that wasn't seen in the NDSU game.

One of Stitt's mottos is we don't lose at home. The players are all in and I don't see us giving up the edge.

Griz........42
stangs.....31

Go Griz!

The forecast for Saturday is highs in the 50s and upwards of 3/4 of an inch of rain. Cold and wet will favor the Griz as they will see some colder, wetter weather this week. Cal Poly will not know what cool rainy weather is until they show up to play. Weather advantage Griz. Even better, the Griz are a better team this year than Cal Poly, particularly with KVA and Gamboa playing together. The Griz send Cal Poly back to the CA drought with an 0-1 record.

Griz - 48
SLO - 24

Go Griz!

SLO is on the coast, 50s and drizzling isn't gonna scare em. It not like they are a southern team and it's going to be 3 degrees.

Weather won't be an advantage for either team.
Griz - 45
Cal Poly - 28

Brady Gustafson has another big game and soon gets added to the Payton award watch list ;)

Back