• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt's Green Cap

GrizRick

eGriz Club
DONOR
I assume Stitt wore a green cap at the game because it was one of the colors for the Bison. So, will we be seeing him wear a cap of the opposing team's color every week?

Well, next week is Cal Poly, so I suppose the conspiracy theory has legs for another week, even if he continues wearing green. :lol:

CFallsGriz said:
He wore it so that Gus could see him on the sideline.

Exactly. Brady has to be able to instantly locate coach on the sidelines otherwise he may waste valuable seconds looking for him.

Yeah, we have a play-calling head coach now, it helps him stick out so he can look:
fabulous.jpg

Wow!

You would assume questions like this are a joke, and maybe this thread is, but I am amazed by the number of people who have asked me this question in the past few days and are dead serious.

Our fanbase man, wow!

Yeah, Facebook blew up on Saturday from people all upset he was wearing the green hat.

"How dare he wear the color of the opposing team."

I was completely astonished on how dead serious some of them were even when they were told the reasoning behind it.

GrizRick said:
I assume Stitt wore a green cap at the game because it was one of the colors for the Bison. So, will we be seeing him wear a cap of the opposing team's color every week?

Okay, to explain why green was possibly chosen it is the complementary or opposite color of red which is the closest to the typical maroon hats. When running a fast paced offense the QB must be able to identify the play caller quickly. In order to do so you may want to stand out as much as possible. Life jackets are traditionally orange because it is complementary to blue water so therefore easier for folks like the Coast Guard to spot from a helicopter.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

In the traditional RYB color model, the complementary/opposite color pairs are red & green, yellow & violet, and blue & orange, though these pairings fail the modern definition of complementary colors, as they produce a brown color when combined.

The use of complementary colors is an important aspect of aesthetically pleasing art and graphic design. This also extends to other fields such as contrasting colors in logos and retail display. When placed next to each other, complements make each other appear brighter.

grizd said:
GrizRick said:

Okay, to explain why green was possibly chosen it is the complementary or opposite color of red which is the closest to the typical maroon hats. When running a fast paced offense the QB must be able to identify the play caller quickly. In order to do so you may want to stand out as much as possible. Life jackets are traditionally orange because it is complementary to blue water so therefore easier for folks like the Coast Guard to spot from a helicopter.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

In the traditional RYB color model, the complementary/opposite color pairs are red & green, yellow & violet, and blue & orange, though these pairings fail the modern definition of complementary colors, as they produce a brown color when combined.

The use of complementary colors is an important aspect of aesthetically pleasing art and graphic design. This also extends to other fields such as contrasting colors in logos and retail display. When placed next to each other, complements make each other appear brighter.

Sounds great, but it wasn't chosen as the complementary opposite color of red - it was just chosen by Stitt so he stands out easily. Last year at Mines he wore a red cap rather than the normal blue color. Red, by the way, is not the complementary opposite of blue.

go96griz said:
grizd said:
GrizRick said:

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

Sounds great, but it wasn't chosen as the complementary opposite color of red - it was just chosen by Stitt so he stands out easily. Last year at Mines he wore a red cap rather than the normal blue color. Red, by the way, is not the complementary opposite of blue.

:lol: That's what I said, he may not have picked it knowing it's complementary but he picked it because it stands out naturally among maroon (shade of red). BTW, red is the assumed opposite of blue to a lot of people so it was natural for him to pick red.

grizd said:
GrizRick said:

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

I gotta say Wikipedia is waaaaay wrong on this one. Anyone who has ever witnessed a game on EWU's red field or BSU's blue one knows that those fields complement no other colors and there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about it.

WAaggieFan said:
grizd said:
GrizRick said:

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

I gotta say Wikipedia is waaaaay wrong on this one. Anyone who has ever witnessed a game on EWU's red field or BSU's blue one knows that those fields complement no other colors and there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about it.
Good god isn't that the truth.

Stitt uses a green hat for the players to identify him. Players identified Mick Delaney as he was the one as far away from the play as possible

GoldenMonte said:
Stitt uses a green hat for the players to identify him. Players identified Mick Delaney as he was the one as far away from the play as possible

I actually LOL'd this. Nice.

Back