• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt on Jim Rome

Thanks for the heads up! Anyone keeping track of how many national radio shows Stitt has been on this week? Probably more than all previous UM coaches combined.

Guess ill have to become a jungle insider today since he's no longer on in Msla in lieu of jay mohr. Be driving a bunch too so can't stream it either.

GRIZFAN20 said:
Thanks for the heads up! Anyone keeping track of how many national radio shows Stitt has been on this week? Probably more than all previous UM coaches combined.

All these interviews are great for us fans, but it kind of makes you wonder how Coach Stitt is getting any gameplanning done for Cal Poly. :?

Paytonlives said:
I hope the interview is good....

I just listened to 20 minutes of Rome and HE SUCKS!!!!

i was only listening for about 10 minutes, but what a waste of time that was.

Highlights from the interview:

1. Stitt wanted to change the final play (iso) but was talked out of it by one of his players
2. The win was an out-of-body experience; never experienced anything like it before in coaching
3. Various professional and college teams and coaches watched the NDSU game in their lockers and offices
4. Stitt is willing to share his plays with other coaches because he thinks all coaches should share their wisdom with others
5. His favorite buffet in Vegas is at Ceasars
6. A successful converted fourth down adds 6-7 plays to a drive, which increases scoring chance by 38%
7. He feels like a quiter when he sends out his punter
8. He's not worried about his offense functioning in cold winter weather
9. He loves football because it is the ultimate team game
10. He's pumped to finally have receivers that can knock the top off of the coverage
11. He jumped at the coaching opportunity at Montana because he could step into a top flight program that was already set up to win right away, rather than build a program

"When I send the punt unit onto the field, my offense looks at me like I'm crazy."

He also said that at Mines, they were sometimes blitzed all game, and it was always man coverage, so they had to come up w schemes to deal with it. Now though, "I got some dudes" to knock the top off the secondary.

That was pretty cool.

I like the fact that he said he took the job at Mines because everyone told him he would never win any games there. His attitude was that he was going to go in there and win games no matter what anyone else thought. Love that determination and confidence.

That was an excellent interview. Thanks for the link.

Stitt vs. Ditka you ask? Stitt ends it early in the second round via prison rape..

Back