• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon vs EWU

IdahoGrizFan

I thought Eastern was saying they had an improved D? This makes you wonder.

* As many as six players on defense but none on offense are expected to make their Eagle starting debuts this week against Oregon. Redshirt freshman Jonah Jordan or true freshman Keenan Williams are slated to start at defensive end, and sophomore defensive tackle Andre Lino could start at defensive tackle. Also, sophomore linebacker Jake Gall and redshirt freshman cornerback Nzuzi Webster are expected to make their first career starts, as well as redshirt freshman free safety Mitch Fettig. Senior Miles Weatheroy is listed as a possible starter at strong safety. In addition, Washington State University transfer Jordan Dascalo will make his EWU debut as starting punter and handle kickoffs for the Eagles.

The above info came from link below

http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/releases/15fbAug31OregonPreview

Oregon by 50. Shoota is going to absolutely fucking torch that "defense." I expect him to share some good moments shaking hands with his former teammates after the game, but I also kind of hope he gives Baldwin a shot to the nuts for the way they all treated him.

IdahoGrizFan said:
I thought Eastern was saying they had an improved D? This makes you wonder.

* As many as six players on defense but none on offense are expected to make their Eagle starting debuts this week against Oregon. Redshirt freshman Jonah Jordan or true freshman Keenan Williams are slated to start at defensive end, and sophomore defensive tackle Andre Lino could start at defensive tackle. Also, sophomore linebacker Jake Gall and redshirt freshman cornerback Nzuzi Webster are expected to make their first career starts, as well as redshirt freshman free safety Mitch Fettig. Senior Miles Weatheroy is listed as a possible starter at strong safety. In addition, Washington State University transfer Jordan Dascalo will make his EWU debut as starting punter and handle kickoffs for the Eagles.

The above info came from link below

http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/releases/15fbAug31OregonPreview

Easterns defense sucked last year, so basically anything will be better than last year. Eastern has a new D coordinator and moved away from the 4-3 defense that they ran the last few years. Starting better athletes on D, but a lot of underclassmen this year. Should be interesting.

Doesn't matter what D they run on Saturday, its going to be ugly in Eugene...

My guess is that Adams could dick around the whole game and Oregon would still destroy the eags. Oregon is better at every single position on the field and their skill players will make EWU look silly even with bad qb play, imo. But I'm definitely rooting for VA this season.

Oregon 55
EWU 10

Alaska Griz said:
My guess is that Adams could dick around the whole game and Oregon would still destroy the eags. Oregon is better at every single position on the field and their skill players will make EWU look silly even with bad qb play, imo. But I'm definitely rooting for VA this season.

Oregon 55
EWU 10

I am rooting for the PAC-12 linebackers other than the ducks.

42-24 Oregon. The current EWU QB is pretty good and he still has some great receivers. I think EW scores at least 24.

I'm rooting for the peanut vendors in this one.

Maybe they'll be a massive EQ and the entire stadium will get swallowed up in a massive sink hole!!

Oh, I guy can dream....

EverettGriz said:

Maybe they'll be a massive EQ and the entire stadium will get swallowed up in a massive sink hole!!

Oh, I guy can dream....

That's what I said last week about your game (minus the EQ reference-that's just too real a possibility to joke around with).

Re: Grizzlies or North Dakota State
Postby HannahO » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:47 pm

....That said if a sinkhole opened up and the field disappeared leaving neither team as the winner, I can't see a downside... :evil:

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Who's taking Oregon in this one? Anyone?

Without even considering the VA drama, all I can say is "What was EWU thinking?" I'm not sure how Oegon can play this without being accused of running up the score. Keep the 1s and 2s home? Coaches out there, what do you do in this situation?

EverettGriz said:

Oh, I guy can dream....

I'm thinking we should save this scenario for EWU vs. poll-cats in a few weeks.

HannahO said:
EverettGriz said:

Oh, I guy can dream....

That's what I said last week about your game (minus the EQ reference-that's just too real a possibility to joke around with).

....That said if a sinkhole opened up and the field disappeared leaving neither team as the winner, I can't see a downside... :evil:

Ha! Nice, Hannah.

Hmmm, perhaps my dreams should be about you instead.... :come:

Raider said:
It will be very intriguing to see how the weather factors in to this game.

Dude...you are, ironically, branding yourself "the weather guy."

That sh*t is happenin.

EverettGriz said:
HannahO said:
EverettGriz said:

Oh, I guy can dream....

Ha! Nice, Hannah.

Hmmm, perhaps my dreams should be about you instead.... :come:

/fail x 2

mikegriz said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Who's taking Oregon in this one? Anyone?

Without even considering the VA drama, all I can say is "What was EWU thinking?" I'm not sure how Oegon can play this without being accused of running up the score. Keep the 1s and 2s home? Coaches out there, what do you do in this situation?

The last 4 years eastern has played a pac 12 team, every year the final score was a one possession score, lost by 3, 4, 7 and won by 3.

Don't the Griz play Oregon in a couple years?

Eastern doesn't have the support the Griz do so a $500k pay day is why this game is played...

Back