• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

nguyen is really good

He played good last weekend. Found myself watching live and feeling like he went down quick without getting the extra yard or two. Then watched the recording and realized he had plenty of positive runs and catches throughout the entire game.

If he finishes runs north south rather than last cut trying to pull a Barry sanders move, he would have a lot more crucial yards....fall forward not backward. That would make him even more effective...

Way too easy to offer critiques from cheap seats on the chaos that is in line sight of everyone playing the game....

Having described the chaos on the field from the viewpoint of the player to most casual spectators I think the guy makes good decisions many more times than not

Ursus1 said:
If he finishes runs north south rather than last cut trying to pull a Barry sanders move, he would have a lot more crucial yards....fall forward not backward. That would make him even more effective...

Thought Counts should do that,

statler & waldorf said:
Alpha should show up at any moment......
He fumbled the ball 26 times last year. I have video of all of them and will distribute the video to those on the select list

I'll eat Crow regarding Nguyen, he ran well on Saturday. He went east and west a little too much a few times, but overall I thought he had a great game.

Called it! haha, I kept posting that he's perfect for this offense.

We're just 1 game in but if he keeps this up his numbers at the end of the season are going to be insane.

There was once that really caught my attention where he went east & west when he very clearly would've done much better north & south - heck even my mom was yelling "GO STRAIGHT!" haha

I always thought Peter Nguyen got WAY too much crap on here, dude was a stud. Younger bro will fit into this scheme VERY well - he is so elusive.

I am so damn excited to see what this team can do.

Nguyen played a hell of a game. Elusive, fast, great hands, good YAC and positive yards after first contact. Hell, he got 5 yards on a play where they almost ripped his head off with a facemask.

I look forward to seeing him play in this offense a LOT.

MTGriz87 said:
There was once that really caught my attention where he went east & west when he very clearly would've done much better north & south - heck even my mom was yelling "GO STRAIGHT!" haha

I always thought Peter Nguyen got WAY too much crap on here, dude was a stud. Younger bro will fit into this scheme VERY well - he is so elusive.

I am so damn excited to see what this team can do.
+1. Just hope they can stay healthy

brewskis said:
I'll eat Crow regarding Nguyen, he ran well on Saturday. He went east and west a little too much a few times, but overall I thought he had a great game.

He did have a great game and I would expect he'll have many more this year. There were a few games last year he showed what he could do, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that he's going to have a great year!
GO GRIZ!

The system is a great fit for Nguyen. He can put up decent numbers rushing, and great numbers receiving as a HB. He is not the kind of player who can consistently put up huge rushing numbers. He is the kind of player that will consistently average 80 to 100 yards per game rushing, and another 50 to 70 yards receiving. I feel he will be just over 1,000 yards rushing, and another 60 receptions and 500+ yards receiving. Imagine what he would do if he had the pull away speed after 30 to 40 yards. I have always liked him as a HB, just feel he is not a kick returner. I do have more faith in him punt returning. I would rather see someone else handle the returns though.

He is not a bad returner, but I just am not sold on him as a return man. Again, this is not me saying he is bad. I just have some doubt every time he is used as a return man. Then again, I am sure Stitt will be holding his skill position players much more accountable when it comes to ball security. So, it is likely, the inconsistent struggles are likely a thing of the past for Nguyen. If that is the case, we can all give him a little more credit and put this knock on him behind us. I am glad he is proving to be a very solid versatile HB though.

My best to him. I do love watching him make defenders look damn right silly with his cuts and elusiveness. That is a skill that cannot be coached, and the Nguyen have/had that skill, which makes them fun to watch (have watched).

Ursus1 said:

Exactly, this was driving me crazy, there were a few times he was tackled going sideways or backwards when he could have easily dove forward for an extra yard or two. Besides that tho he is going to rack up yards with his pass catching ability.

did a good job against NDSU, however, I agree with mtgrizrule. Get a different punt returner.

Back