• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tyrone "Beast" Holmes

NewPapaBear

This guy...WOW! I dont think he was named to a single pre-season All American team

940x.jpg

Dude is going to make alot of O-Tackles look really bad in 2015. One Man Wreking Crew!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
He's another high motor guy, and has had a slew of good teachers. He will be remembered as a great by seasons end!

High motor is one of the biggest cliches in football. It's basically a euphemism for some who's not that great of an athlete, but gets it done out of pure effort. That is not Tyrone Holmes. He was Oregon's 110m hurdle champ his senior year. The guy is a monster. He has just been biding his time in Wags shadow.

When I was a wrestler it was good to be known as a high motor guy. When I played football it was good to be known as a high motor guy. I still think it's a compliment to be known as a high motor guy. The guys got a motor that never stops, and he oozes talent. I don't know how I cant compliment him better than that.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
When I was a wrestler it was good to be known as a high motor guy. When I played football it was good to be known as a high motor guy. I still think it's a compliment to be known as a high motor guy. The guys got a motor that never stops, and he oozes talent. I don't know how I cant compliment him better than that.

When 420 was an auto mechanic, he was known as a high motor guy.

CDAGRIZ said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

When 420 was an auto mechanic, he was known as a high motor guy.
Haha. [emoji106]

Like most Griz fans, I've always thought he had more than enough speed and quickness. What I was most impressed with on Saturday was the strength he played with. He had multiple bull rushes where he pushed those beefy NDSU tackles back into Wentz's lap! Keep it up Tyrone!

He has just been biding his time in Wags shadow.

This. Take Wags off this team last year, and this guy is already a superstar. He'll be that guy this year, guaranteed.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Out of curiosity, who do we have in the wings at DE after him?

We have a boat load of DE's. Take your pick. All of them have great potential. I am not 1 bit worried about DE the next 4 to 5 years. 9 DE's that are Freshman to Sophomores. :thumb:

46 Austin Chadderdon R-Fr. DE 6-2 200 Coeur d'Alene, Idaho / Coeur d'Alene HS
47 Derek Crittenden R-Sr. DE 6-3 240 Whitefish, Mont. / Whitefish HS
48 Donald Bedell R-Fr. DE 6-4 245 Fair Haven, N.J. / Rumson-Fair Haven
49 Jesse Sims Fr. DE 6-4 235 Stevensville, Mont. / Corvallis HS
51 Tucker Schye R-So. DE 6-4 225 Malta, Mont. / Malta HS
52 Nick Mertes R-Fr. DE 6-3 235 Edina, Minn. / Edina HS
58 Tyler Richtmyer R-Fr. DE 6-2 215 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS
91 Tyrone Holmes Sr. DE 6-4 245 Eagle Point, Ore. / Eagle Point HS
95 Andrew Harris Fr. DE 6-4 215 Kalispell, Mont. / Glacier HS
97 Ryan Johnson R-Jr. DE 6-3 255 Vancouver, Wash. / Mountain View HS
98 Mike Ralston R-So. DE 6-5 245 Eugene, Ore. / Sheldon HS
99 Reggie Tilleman R-Fr. DE 6-4 195 Genesee, Idaho / Genesee HS

If he plays this Saturday like last Saturday, which he should do as well or better I would think, he's going to drive CP nuts and disrupt lots of plays!
GO GRIZ! Go Tyrone!!

The value of collapsing the pocket cannot be overstated. DE's lacking power most often end up too deep because they can't hold the rush angle which allows the QB to step up and buy more time to pass or to escape to the middle of the field. If you watched the MSU/FC game you saw that most of the night. FC had most of their yards on inside plays. Last year NDSU killed the Griz on interior plays. Last week, well not so much. TH is a beast!

EverettGriz said:
He has just been biding his time in Wags shadow.

This. Take Wags off this team last year, and this guy is already a superstar. He'll be that guy this year, guaranteed.

Biggest reason Wags ran wild, aside from his own ability & talent, is playing on the other side of this Beast!
Love the adjustment Ty has made with him by moving him around & allowing him to create havoc for the D-Line. More opportunities for rest of the defensive front & LBs will be the result of Holmes ability.

gotgame75 said:
High motor is one of the biggest cliches in football. It's basically a euphemism for some who's not that great of an athlete, but gets it done out of pure effort.

And, usually, is a white kid.

I don't call what Tyrone has a high motor. He's just that damn good.

JJ Watt has been called a "high-motor guy". I'd say it's a good thing being known as one with a high motor.

To me, "high motor" means the player never quits on a play. There are a lot of very good DL who will stuff runs, sack the quarterback, blow up screens, block passes, etc. but are done once the play moves down field. A high motor player, whether they are good at doing all of the previously mentioned things, will be downfield, helping to finish plays and generally wreaking havoc all over the field. Tyrone is certainly very good. Is he also high motor? We'll see as the season wears on!

DuCharme said:
gotgame75 said:
High motor is one of the biggest cliches in football. It's basically a euphemism for some who's not that great of an athlete, but gets it done out of pure effort.

Seriously? Nothing can be further from the truth.... Black football greats considered to have high motors

John Randle
Ray Lewis
Deacon Jones
Mike Singletary
Ronnie Lott

Just to name a few....

CV Griz Fan said:
DuCharme said:
gotgame75 said:

Seriously? Nothing can be further from the truth.... Black football greats considered to have high motors

John Randle
Ray Lewis
Deacon Jones
Mike Singletary
Ronnie Lott

Just to name a few....

I didn't make the rules...

mtgrizrule said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Out of curiosity, who do we have in the wings at DE after him?

We have a boat load of DE's. Take your pick. All of them have great potential. I am not 1 bit worried about DE the next 4 to 5 years. 9 DE's that are Freshman to Sophomores. :thumb:

46 Austin Chadderdon R-Fr. DE 6-2 200 Coeur d'Alene, Idaho / Coeur d'Alene HS
47 Derek Crittenden R-Sr. DE 6-3 240 Whitefish, Mont. / Whitefish HS
48 Donald Bedell R-Fr. DE 6-4 245 Fair Haven, N.J. / Rumson-Fair Haven
49 Jesse Sims Fr. DE 6-4 235 Stevensville, Mont. / Corvallis HS
51 Tucker Schye R-So. DE 6-4 225 Malta, Mont. / Malta HS
52 Nick Mertes R-Fr. DE 6-3 235 Edina, Minn. / Edina HS
58 Tyler Richtmyer R-Fr. DE 6-2 215 Missoula, Mont. / Sentinel HS
91 Tyrone Holmes Sr. DE 6-4 245 Eagle Point, Ore. / Eagle Point HS
95 Andrew Harris Fr. DE 6-4 215 Kalispell, Mont. / Glacier HS
97 Ryan Johnson R-Jr. DE 6-3 255 Vancouver, Wash. / Mountain View HS
98 Mike Ralston R-So. DE 6-5 245 Eugene, Ore. / Sheldon HS
99 Reggie Tilleman R-Fr. DE 6-4 195 Genesee, Idaho / Genesee HS
Nice! I completely forgot about Andrew Harris. His brother was a stud!

DuCharme said:
CV Griz Fan said:
DuCharme said:
gotgame75 said:

John Randle
Ray Lewis
Deacon Jones
Mike Singletary
Ronnie Lott

Just to name a few....

I didn't make the rules...

I know you didn't make the rules. I've just never heared the term " high motor" guy as being used exclusively for white players.....

Back