• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Southern Utah D

I won't say their D wasn't good but that weird result is almost 100% on a pathetic offensive performance by the Aggies.
There are some key players on 2 game suspension and a key offensive weapon that was dismissed from the team earlier. In addition what seemed to be a deep receiver corps has already been plagued by some injuries beginning in fall camp and doesn't look to be that deep right now.
However, IMO, there are some serious issues on Utah State's OL that have been somewhat evident since 2013 and didn't look even close to being resolved last night.
I don't know what the takeaway is other than I don't think the SUU D's strength can be determined by last night's outcome and USU's lack of any offensive points.
IDK. Maybe their D is that tough and it wasn't a fluky underperformance for Utah State. Which, if that's the case, means it will be a long season for Aggie fans with the schedule the squad faces and an offense that struggles to put points on the board. The Ute D next week definitely won't be weaker than SUU's was....

WAaggieFan said:
I won't say their D wasn't good but that weird result is almost 100% on a pathetic offensive performance by the Aggies.
There are some key players on 2 game suspension and a key offensive weapon that was dismissed from the team earlier. In addition what seemed to be a deep receiver corps has already been plagued by some injuries beginning in fall camp and doesn't look to be that deep right now.
However, IMO, there are some serious issues on Utah State's OL that have been somewhat evident since 2013 and didn't look even close to being resolved last night.
I don't know what the takeaway is other than I don't think the SUU D's strength can be determined by last night's outcome and USU's lack of any offensive points.
IDK. Maybe their D is that tough and it wasn't a fluky underperformance for Utah State. Which, if that's the case, means it will be a long season for Aggie fans with the schedule the squad faces and an offense that struggles to put points on the board. The Ute D next week definitely won't be weaker than SUU's was....

Ya think? Blood bath in SLC....

AZGrizFan said:
Apparently SUU's D didn't make the flight to Brookings...

I'd guess they flew into Sioux Falls and drove the 50 miles or so north. Lots to do in Sioux Falls like...get on with Citibank. Or look at the Sioux Falls. Perhaps they were enamored with the area and didn't quite get on the bus north.

Could SDSU be the real deal? I know it was just Kansas to start, but the spanking they put on SUU was impressive. Big tilt with the "N" in two weeks.

bgbigdog said:
Could SDSU be the real deal? I know it was just Kansas to start, but the spanking they put on SUU was impressive. Big tilt with the "N" in two weeks.
Ask MSU fans if SDSU wasn't pretty good last year. The MVC was 4-0 vs. the BSC last weekend.

CV Griz Fan said:
WAaggieFan said:

Ya think? Blood bath in SLC....
Not a bloodbath. USU moved the ball fairly well on the Utes. My conclusion is that SUU D wasn't the cause of pathetic Aggie O performance.

Back