• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where is Montana on full cost of attendance?

dupuyer griz

DONOR
Is this something that is a possibility for us? Although I feel a scholarship is payment enough, this could swing the balance of power heavily to schools that can afford it.

Talked to Kent and he said that they are looking at it but are not going to jump into it just because other schools are doing it. Have to find a way to fund the estimated cost of $650K per year on a long term basis. They are focused on doing a lot of things facilities wise to improve the student athlete experience to offset any disadvantage from not having the cost of full attendance stipend which would be about $3600 per athlete per year.

Time to consider adding another funding group just for this. To remain competitive we will eventually have to adapt this. Selling beer at the game would help this. Even using the GSA tailgate portion of profits toward this would make a dent. I know, how about finally giving back some of the profit back to GRIZ athletics?

Like it or not, support it or not, I feel it is inevitable.

mtgrizrule said:
Time to consider adding another funding group just for this. To remain competitive we will eventually have to adapt this. Selling beer at the game would help this. Even using the GSA tailgate portion of profits toward this would make a dent. I know, how about finally giving back some of the profit back to GRIZ athletics?

We're too busy subsidizing the other sports that are money losers...

Htowngriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

We're too busy subsidizing the other sports that are money losers...

You mean the sports that will be further subsidized with the addition of FCOA?

mtgrizrule said:

Pretty sure the GSA tailgate profits are already going to support scholarships and the Champions Center to name a few projects. Don't think there is any more blood to squeeze from this turnip.

Any full cost of attendance will likely require major booster efforts and additional support from the GSA, but it will have to be through new fundraising efforts.

A great place to start would for all season ticket holders to become GSA members!

Is it correct a donor can specify what %/ how much to use toward something? II am guessing there is very little control where your money goes as a GSA member. Someone please clarify specifics. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back