• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Analysis of the MSU Bobcats

Atlanta Griz1

I was going to post this in the bobcat thread from last night's game, but after wading through page-after-page discussing such enlightening topics as the Bobcat announcers :sleep: , I decided to give my thoughts on the Cats in a new thread.

This game was very typical for a FCS team moving down to play a Div. II team. It was close for about 1 1/2 quarters, until the Fort Lewis starters got tired, and their subs were not good enough to play with the Cats. Don't be fooled by how bad the Cats looked most of the first half. They are better than that, but not nearly as good as the hype surrounding their team this year.

Here are my thoughts:

1) The Cat offense is not nearly as diverse as they would have you believe. Their O-line is all back, but so what? They were not that good last year, and are not very good this year either. Remember how well we defensed them last season? It will not be different this year.

2) Prokop is a great running QB, similar in ability to the NDSU QB, but not as big. He is a serviceable passer, but nothing special. Could not believe that Fort Lewis did not spy Prokop in the first half, as he was the only weapon the Cats had, and it seemed like he ran the ball about 50% of the plays.

3) You stop Prokop from running, you stop the Cat offense. He will not beat you with his arm, and their backs are very average behind an average O-line.

4) The Cat defense is no better than last season, and maybe not as good. We should be able to score lots of points on them.

5) It will be very difficult for Prokop to stay healthy this season, considering how many times he runs the ball. He is gonna get hit often and hard.

6) In summary, if Gus can stay healthy and play in the Griz/Cat game, we should be able to win yet again in Bozo-land. However, if Gus goes down, it will be a different ball game.

Hmm, so you basically just distilled the comments from the game thread. Great work.

CDAGRIZ said:
Hmm, so you basically just distilled the comments from the game thread. Great work.

He's not the Bobcat analyst we asked for but he's the bobcat analyst we deserved

CDAGRIZ said:

My thoughts exactly. Certainly happy to see another thread on this topic.

First of all, I only read the last two pages of the bobcat game thread.... you know the engaging comments about the announcers and all.... the stuff that you and your minions get a woody over???? My analysis was strictly mine, from watching the game. If others in that thread were astute enough to mirror my thoughts, then they are knowledgeable football fans. you wouldn't understand. Go back to grade school quips trying to show us that you are a wit. Well, at least your are half right.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
First of all, I only read the last two pages of the bobcat game thread.... you know the engaging comments about the announcers and all.... the stuff that you and your minions get a woody over???? My analysis was strictly mine, from watching the game. If others in that thread were astute enough to mirror my thoughts, then they are knowledgeable football fans. you wouldn't understand. Go back to grade school quips trying to show us that you are a wit. Well, at least your are half right.

giphy.gif

grizindabox said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

giphy.gif

God, we just get off on internet scraping! It makes our day discussing football! Please continue.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
If others in that thread were astute enough to mirror my thoughts, then they are knowledgeable football fans.

You should probably read a thread before insulting it, because you just unwittingly called everyone who posted on this thread a knowledgeable football fan. :shock: Also, you mirrored our thoughts, not the other way around.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I was going to post this in the bobcat thread from last night's game, but after wading through page-after-page discussing such enlightening topics as the Bobcat announcers

Atlanta Griz1 said:
First of all, I only read the last two pages of the bobcat game thread....

I guess I can see two pages being about your maximum.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I was going to post this in the bobcat thread from last night's game, but after wading through page-after-page discussing such enlightening topics as the Bobcat announcers :sleep: , I decided to give my thoughts on the Cats in a new thread.

This game was very typical for a FCS team moving down to play a Div. II team. It was close for about 1 1/2 quarters, until the Fort Lewis starters got tired, and their subs were not good enough to play with the Cats. Don't be fooled by how bad the Cats looked most of the first half. They are better than that, but not nearly as good as the hype surrounding their team this year.

Here are my thoughts:

1) The Cat offense is not nearly as diverse as they would have you believe. Their O-line is all back, but so what? They were not that good last year, and are not very good this year either. Remember how well we defensed them last season? It will not be different this year.

2) Prokop is a great running QB, similar in ability to the NDSU QB, but not as big. He is a serviceable passer, but nothing special. Could not believe that Fort Lewis did not spy Prokop in the first half, as he was the only weapon the Cats had, and it seemed like he ran the ball about 50% of the plays.

3) You stop Prokop from running, you stop the Cat offense. He will not beat you with his arm, and their backs are very average behind an average O-line.

4) The Cat defense is no better than last season, and maybe not as good. We should be able to score lots of points on them.

5) It will be very difficult for Prokop to stay healthy this season, considering how many times he runs the ball. He is gonna get hit often and hard.

6) In summary, if Gus can stay healthy and play in the Griz/Cat game, we should be able to win yet again in Bozo-land. However, if Gus goes down, it will be a different ball game.

sat in the stands and watched this game. you're right on all accounts. MSU has got to get better than they showed last night. if they have to rely on prukop to lead them in rushing....they are in big, big trouble.

One thing that obviously came across on the BN thread....theyre already in mid-season Bobcatforum form...already talking about their displeasure with the play calling and effort..not being as good as everyone thought they would be in June....trying to blame it on an assistant coach.......So if you look at it from that point of view.....it looks like we have some catching up to do EGriz....hahahahaa

God i love that joke of a program.

smarsh said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Here are my thoughts:

sat in the stands and watched this game. you're right on all accounts. MSU has got to get better than they showed last night. if they have to rely on prukop to lead them in rushing....they are in big, big trouble.

Be careful agreeing with me. Don't you know that sitting in the stands doesn't qualify for analyzing the game. You MUST read the game thread feom our resident geniuses to be valid. :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I was going to post this in the bobcat thread from last night's game, but after wading through page-after-page discussing such enlightening topics as the Bobcat announcers

Atlanta Griz1 said:
First of all, I only read the last two pages of the bobcat game thread....

I guess I can see two pages being about your maximum.

You lemmings do provide lots of laughter on this site, I will agree to that. It's just that others are laughing AT YOU, not WITH YOU.

Back