• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cali recruiting

Griz!ron

I just listen to the KGVO pregame talk about how important recruiting in California is for most of an hour. The main point was how nice it was to play at a school in California and that it build awareness in the local high schools.

So, why don't we schedule a few more preseason home & home series with the California FCS teams? Going to playoff caliber Liberty team is great, as a victory would have counted in play offs consideration. But it doesn't have an impact on attracting future players.

I suppose the main limitation is the lack of FCS teams in California. Sac State, UC Davis in northern ca, Cal Poly and U of San Diego in the south. Am I missing any teams? That leaves a huge hole in a large high population state. So many players who are not going to the Pac-12.

I say make U San Diego a perennial first game of the year. home and home series.

Griz!ron said:
I just listen to the KGVO pregame talk about how important recruiting in California is for most of an hour. The main point was how nice it was to play at a school in California and that it build awareness in the local high schools.

So, why don't we schedule a few more preseason home & home series with the California FCS teams? Going to playoff caliber Liberty team is great, as a victory would have counted in play offs consideration. But it doesn't have an impact on attracting future players.

I suppose the main limitation is the lack of FCS teams in California. Sac State, UC Davis in northern ca, Cal Poly and U of San Diego in the south. Am I missing any teams? That leaves a huge hole in a large high population state. So many players who are not going to the Pac-12.

I say make U San Diego a perennial first game of the year. home and home series.

Could do the same thing in Texas with Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, Lamar, SHSU, SFA or Incarnate Word....

I watched Lamar and SE LA on Thurs night....about 2k in the stands and pretty sure Carrol could give at least Lamar a run. Having said that, SE wasn't much better. IMO

We have played CPSLO for over 20 years in the non conference schedule and UC Davis a ton too and don't forget about Cal St Northridge (they got rid of football). Would be nice to play San Diego State or San Jose St.

grizaremoregooder said:
We have played CPSLO for over 20 years in the non conference schedule and UC Davis a ton too and don't forget about Cal St Northridge (they got rid of football). Would be nice to play San Diego State or San Jose St.

Cal Poly has been a regular non-conference opponent for decades. Don't know if it is correct, yet per the TV announcers, Montana and Davis had only met six times before yesterday.

I like the idea of trying to add some of those Texas teams into the mix, and a semi regular game with San Diego would be nice too.

Don't forget that Justin Green and Legi are both from San Diego. They both hit the so cal streets hard when they're recruiting. The Griz recruiting network is strong in that area....

Latest posts

Back