• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

HookedonGriz

DONOR
The Good:
- the defense continues to bail out the offense and give the Griz a chance to win (they could have been up 21-0 early with the field position they had)
- Chalich not taking sacks, throwing it away, and making plays with his feet to keep the defense honest
- Turnovers! Wilson's hit causing a fumble and Griz recover as well at the interceptions

The Bad:
- still too many dropped passes
- Chalich being quite inconsistent with his passing (off and on and off again)
- Kose going out....hope he's okay

The Ugly:
- fumbling the ball on the 1 yard line
- missing a PAT!!!! That is going to be the death of me!!!

What you got E-Griz?

The good: no interceptions for Chalich

The bad: according to a few posts in the game thread, the Griz D was terrible. I don't agree with those posts. They held Davis scoreless in the 2nd half :thumb:

The ugly: some aspects of the win were ugly (seemingly predictable offensive playcalling in the 1st half, kicking).
The important thing is the Griz got the w and it appeared that some good halftime adjustments were made. It did look like the wind was blowing a bit, so that could have contributed somewhat.

The Good: We won and have a bright future.
The Bad: NDSU was a fluke, the BSC is mediocre, and we are no exception... this year.
The Ugly: We have the rest of the season to play.

Penalties were great today and Calhoun looked like a game changer defense showed up again great to see #47 back in the line up. A lot of drops and "just off" passes by Chalich, I think the wind didn't help. Still holding out hope that this offense will "get it".

Chalich really throws a duck. Even on his touchdown to Henderson, it was a wobbler...those won't fly very well when the weather gets bad.

The good......cats lost
The bad.......3rd down conversions
The ugly".....missing an xp

stonecrest said:
The good - Calhoun will be our next great running back.....

Very true. Lot to be excited about there.

Griz win on the road, cats lose on the road. A good day.

Over all it was a good win. This team is going in the right direction and Stitts offense is very similar to Read's. The glory days will be here in a couple of years. The Griz will do very well this year.

BillingsMafia said:
Over all it was a good win. This team is going in the right direction and Stitts offense is very similar to Read's. The glory days will be here in a couple of years. The Griz will do very well this year.
After the rough start, things started to click. Chad did some smart things out there today; at least three very good, quick calls, I liked the fake pass, that was quick thinking, and some good running on top of that.

Ty is proving that he dominates the FCS on defense. Talk about "adjustments," UCDavis scored nothing in the second half. UM got 97 plays for the game. Five sacks for a loss total of 29 yards. This is only going to get better.

There was nothing like the bizarre coaching calls that the Wombats had today. Some genuine mysteries there.

I think the Griz come out of this game much stronger, Coach can finally say "this works, this works, that doesn't work." He now has a clear view of what his QB can do, and I think this QB can do it. Brady's rocket arm would have been a terrific asset, but Chad brings some very good talents to the position and his confidence from this game will make the next game look much different. He can "think on his feet." He is showing to be the strongest "second string" QB in the Big Sky.

Back