• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cal Poly vs Idaho State

IdaGriz01

Cal Poly beating on ISU, 49-20, midway through the 3rd quarter.

Flash! : Northern Colordao may have found a team to beat. They lead at Sac State, 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter.

Cal Poly now leads ISU 58-26.

But I may have spoken too soon about a team that NoCol could beat. Sac State is now in the red zone and could tie the game, 27-all, with a score. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said it at the beginning of the year I thought Kramer had lost his locker room....anybody now have any doubt whatsoever? That team is a mess....

AZ I picked ISU to finish sixth back in January and got absolutely blasted on this board for it. LOL. I admit, I was wrong though, the Bengals are even worse than I thought they were going to be.

AZGrizFan said:
I said it at the beginning of the year I thought Kramer had lost his locker room....anybody now have any doubt whatsoever? That team is a mess....
On their forums there is the usual unhappiness, but an odd euphoria about Kramer.

Re: Cal Poly game

Postby psk584 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:21 am
Just because the season hasn't gone as we thought is no reason for a coaching change. Kramer is one of the best coaches in this conference. Did everyone forget he is the reiging Big Sky coach of the year. He is getting us talent and all conference players. Yes this season hasn't been good but a new OC, a new QB, and a defense who lost two all conference players. The future is still bright for this program so no need to hit the panic button and implode everything and start over. These kind of seasons happen to the best programs sometimes things just don't go as we thought they would and you just move on to the next game and play for a win.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/bengals/viewforum.php?f=12

Kramer can only Chamber-of-Commerce it for so long. People will expect results eventually, even in Pocatello.

AllWeatherFan said:
Kramer can only Chamber-of-Commerce it for so long. People will expect results eventually, even in Pocatello.
I believe the Mendoza line for Krammer in Pocatello is 10 rounds fired between football and basketball players. If he can keep his players from firing 10 or more shots at the bb team he keeps his job regardless of win loss record.

Also remember he went 0-fer in 2000 with the Cats and kept his job until "shots fired" and "Greatwood" took him down.

AllWeatherFan said:
But in Pocatello, "eventually" can be a long time. Until last year, the Bungles had gone over a decade without a winning season. From 2004 through 2010, they were 16-62 (that's 20%) and 4 of those wins were against D-II or NAIA opponents. If Kramer's team can eke out a couple more wins this year (and they have Sac State and Weber on the schedule), he will have won more games during his five years in Pokie than they did in the seven years before he came.

They lose their four D1 games by an average of 56-12 and they still have EWU, Montana and MSU to play. We'll be going to Pokey 11/7 and in preseason I had some fear of this game.

IdaGriz01 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
But in Pocatello, "eventually" can be a long time. Until last year, the Bungles had gone over a decade without a winning season. From 2004 through 2010, they were 16-62 (that's 20%) and 4 of those wins were against D-II or NAIA opponents. If Kramer's team can eke out a couple more wins this year (and they have Sac State and Weber on the schedule), he will have won more games during his five years in Pokie than they did in the seven years before he came.

Good post, IdaGriz01. Memories of the '81 NC are mostly dead and gone, literally. The fan base just isn't there. DII and NAIA teams have been the norm, at least in this millenium. Attendance of 4,500 common for these pre-conference games. There won't be a ground swell of anti-Kramer unrest. After 34 years of mostly 'ho-hum', 'close', and 'here we go again', last years record sturred up interest a generation hadn't experienced. This year is as much an aberration as last year was. The job is his as long as he wants it, IMO. He has said this will be his last job, no angling for anywhere else. As IdaGriz01said, "eventually" in Pokey has a whole different meaning when talking football. Betting against Kramer is a fools errand.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
On their forums there is the usual unhappiness, but an odd euphoria about Kramer.

Re: Cal Poly game

Postby psk584 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:21 am
Just because the season hasn't gone as we thought is no reason for a coaching change. Kramer is one of the best coaches in this conference. Did everyone forget he is the reiging Big Sky coach of the year. He is getting us talent and all conference players. Yes this season hasn't been good but a new OC, a new QB, and a defense who lost two all conference players. The future is still bright for this program so no need to hit the panic button and implode everything and start over. These kind of seasons happen to the best programs sometimes things just don't go as we thought they would and you just move on to the next game and play for a win.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/bengals/viewforum.php?f=12

Oh, I get that the FANS might still be enamored with him. He was able to accomplish something last year they hadn't seen in more than a decade. But the FANS aren't the ones being absolutely abused by him verbally in the locker room and in the media. I can't see these 19-20 year olds puttin' up with that shit very long....

Back