• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ESPN Sportscenter in Fargo this weekend

Good recruiting tool for NDSU. Not exactly sure why ESPN has such a hardon for NDSU but at least the FCS is getting some attention.

Should be great exposure for the GRIZ when they show the highlights from game #1 from an actual football facility in a beautiful city.

4 championships in a row might be why they like fargo. I bet if Montana won four in a row they would come here too. Maybe even if Montana got to 4 championships they would show up

toyota1 said:
4 championships in a row might be why they like fargo. I bet if Montana won four in a row they would come here too. Maybe even if Montana got to 4 championships they would show up
I was with ya tell the last sentence. You do know we've been to 7, right? Second only to Georgia Southern all time. O'course we've been absent since 2009 but jus sayin.

Fahque said:
Good recruiting tool for NDSU. Not exactly sure why ESPN has such a hardon for NDSU but at least the FCS is getting some attention.
Not a big fan of NDSU but they are doing things that no other FCS team has ever done. Not Ga Southern, not App St, and certainly not us. They ARE an FBS team playing at the FCS level.

I'm over NDSU and ESPN's love affair for them. Yes they are good, and we beat them week 0. Time to beat Weber State and improve to 3-0.

This is not a big deal, nothing compared to GameDay. Did you see the schools they were at previously? Seems that ESPN is taking a tour of the great white north. Oh BTW does anyone watch ESPN at 6AM. I doubt many recruits do.

503Griz said:
Man. Imagine if NDSU wasn't unfortunately located in Fargo.

Ever been to Norman Oklahoma? South Bend Indiana? Tuscaloosa Alabama? Shitholes. Being located in the most beautiful parts of this country equate very little to having a successful football program.

You guys talk a lot of shit about Fargo, but an extraordinarily small number of you guys have actually been there . Metro area is close to 250k people and there are around 30k college students between the three major campuses located in the FM area. The economy in that area is diversified and booming and there is an excellent nightlife scene. It is a very nice community. No mountains. Ya I get that . Also is the reason I don't want to live there. For the majority of athletes though, I think geography is an extremely small part of their decision process when it comes to picking a school.

NDSU hardly recruits in states like Texas and California for a reason. They don't want to live in ND. Has that held them back? 12 total National Championships since 1965 and the highest winning percentage of any college football program since that time. They focus close to 100% of their recruiting attention on ND, SD, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Those kids don't grow up in warm weather cities, cities on the ocean or in the mountains and don't really seem to care. I could make the argument that being located in Fargo is exactly why NDSU has the program they have . Located 2.5 hours from the Twin Cities, one of the prime recruiting areas for NDSU. Only one D1 school in Minnesota and they suck. Nebraska and Wisconsin- one 1 D1 school in each state. The other FCS schools we primarily recruit against are located in complete absolute dumps . Brookings SD. Cedar Falls Iowa. Grand Forks ND. Vermillion SD. Pretty much any city in the Missouri Valley is a dump.

Montana has started recruiting MN these past few years. A lot of the big name guys we have gotten the last few years have had Montana offers. If being located in paradise was that important to these kids, you think Montana would have stolen some of these players. Not a single Montana offer, who also had an NDSU offer, during these past few years have picked Montana over NDSU.

2011BisonAlumni said:
503Griz said:

Ever been to Norman Oklahoma? South Bend Indiana? Tuscaloosa Alabama? Shitholes. Being located in the most beautiful parts of this country equate very little to having a successful football program.

You guys talk a lot of shit about Fargo, but an extraordinarily small number of you guys have actually been there . Metro area is close to 250k people and there are around 30k college students between the three major campuses located in the FM area. The economy in that area is diversified and booming and there is an excellent nightlife scene. It is a very nice community. No mountains. Ya I get that . Also is the reason I don't want to live there. For the majority of athletes though, I think geography is an extremely small part of their decision process when it comes to picking a school.

NDSU hardly recruits in states like Texas and California for a reason. They don't want to live in ND. Has that held them back? 12 total National Championships since 1965 and the highest winning percentage of any college football program since that time. They focus close to 100% of their recruiting attention on ND, SD, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Those kids don't grow up in warm weather cities, cities on the ocean or in the mountains and don't really seem to care. I could make the argument that being located in Fargo is exactly why NDSU has the program they have . Located 2.5 hours from the Twin Cities, one of the prime recruiting areas for NDSU. Only one D1 school in Minnesota and they suck. Nebraska and Wisconsin- one 1 D1 school in each state. The other FCS schools we primarily recruit against are located in complete absolute dumps . Brookings SD. Cedar Falls Iowa. Grand Forks ND. Vermillion SD. Pretty much any city in the Missouri Valley is a dump.

Montana has started recruiting MN these past few years. A lot of the big name guys we have gotten the last few years have had Montana offers. If being located in paradise was that important to these kids, you think Montana would have stolen some of these players. Not a single Montana offer, who also had an NDSU offer, during these past few years have picked Montana over NDSU.

Good post. We want back what you currently have. Our trajectory is promising...a bit painful, but promising.

2011BisonAlumni said:
503Griz said:

NDSU hardly recruits in states like Texas and California for a reason. They don't want to live in ND. Has that held them back? 12 total National Championships since 1965 and the highest winning percentage of any college football program since that time. They focus close to 100% of their recruiting attention on ND, SD, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Those kids don't grow up in warm weather cities, cities on the ocean or in the mountains and don't really seem to care. I could make the argument that being located in Fargo is exactly why NDSU has the program they have . Located 2.5 hours from the Twin Cities, one of the prime recruiting areas for NDSU. Only one D1 school in Minnesota and they suck. Nebraska and Wisconsin- one 1 D1 school in each state. They other FCS schools we primarily recruit against are located in complete absolute dumps . Brookings SD. Cedar Falls Iowa. Grand Forks ND. Vermillion SD. Pretty much any city in the Missouri Valley is a dump.

Montana has starteted recruiting MN these past few years. A lot of the big name guys we have gotten the last few years have had Montana offers. If being located in paradise was that important to these kids, you think Montana would have stolen some of these players. Not a single Montana offer, who also had an NDSU offer, during these past few years have picked Montana over NDSU.

First of all thats not true dicko.......2nd I was born in Fargo....been there many times...lived there for a while...and yes it is bvery much a big shit hole. The economy is good yes but.....

1) It hurts your face to breathe in the winter.
2)Every thing is concrete and shitty
3)When the artic tundra does finally thaw out everyone gets to worry about the Red River ruining your entire summer and property insurance.
4)For a city with 3 college...there are absolutely dog shit options for women...yuck!
5)Its always windy
6)Fat people everywhere.
7)The city itself really is just ugly..like most ND cities, you could put Fargo in the Bitteroots and it would still be an ugly city.

That being said...Norweigian accents are AWESOME!!!!...The show and new FX series Fargo is AWESOME!!!!...and the people are super nice(just like Montana)

I believe Ryan McKinley had an NDSU offer and chose the Griz. Good points though on the solid recruiting plan incorporated by North Dakota State. It is difficult to argue with their success.

Blue Tears said:
I believe Ryan McKinley had an NDSU offer and chose the Griz. Good points though on the solid recruiting plan incorporated by North Dakota State. It is difficult to argue with their success.

I forgot about him. My mistake on that.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
503Griz said:

NDSU hardly recruits in states like Texas and California for a reason. They don't want to live in ND. Has that held them back? 12 total National Championships since 1965 and the highest winning percentage of any college football program since that time. They focus close to 100% of their recruiting attention on ND, SD, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Those kids don't grow up in warm weather cities, cities on the ocean or in the mountains and don't really seem to care. I could make the argument that being located in Fargo is exactly why NDSU has the program they have . Located 2.5 hours from the Twin Cities, one of the prime recruiting areas for NDSU. Only one D1 school in Minnesota and they suck. Nebraska and Wisconsin- one 1 D1 school in each state. They other FCS schools we primarily recruit against are located in complete absolute dumps . Brookings SD. Cedar Falls Iowa. Grand Forks ND. Vermillion SD. Pretty much any city in the Missouri Valley is a dump.

Montana has starteted recruiting MN these past few years. A lot of the big name guys we have gotten the last few years have had Montana offers. If being located in paradise was that important to these kids, you think Montana would have stolen some of these players. Not a single Montana offer, who also had an NDSU offer, during these past few years have picked Montana over NDSU.

First of all thats not true dicko.......2nd I was born in Fargo....been there many times...lived there for a while...and yes it is bvery much a big shit hole. The economy is good yes but.....

3)When the artic tundra does finally thaw out everyone gets to worry about the Red River ruining your entire summer and property insurance.
4)For a city with 3 college...there are absolutely dog shit options for women...yuck!
5)Its always windy
6)Fat people everywhere.
7)The city itself really is just ugly..like most ND cities, you could put Fargo in the Bitteroots and it would still be an ugly city.

That being said...Norweigian accents are AWESOME!!!!...The show and new FX series Fargo is AWESOME!!!!...and the people are super nice(just like Montana)

^FACT

Been to Fargo many times and Missoula frankly squashes it, better college town, WAYYYYYYYYYY better stadium, much prettier campus, better nightlife, better looking women, and just overall better...the only thing NDSU has going for it in terms of recruiting is close proximity to Minnesota and Wisconsin and yes a winning tradition. Great football but absolutely terrible place to live, luckily most only have to live there 4 or 5 years.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
503Griz said:

5)Its always windy
6)Fat people everywhere.

Meh call it shitty all you want. NDSU has won a total of 12 national championships playing in that shithole compared to UM winning 2 being located in the one of the most beautiful places on earth . Seriously , I would probably give my left nut to live in Missoula. Awesome hunting and fly fishing and the people are freaking nice as can be. That hasn't made your football program any better than NDSU.

McKinley was from AZ though correct? Thats a little different than pulling a recruit from MN or Wisconsin head to head.

THE HERD said:
McKinley was from AZ though correct? Thats a little different than pulling a recruit from MN or Wisconsin head to head.

This is a stupid argument, but couldn't the Griz just as easily say that NDSU has never gotten a recruit out of Spokane that the Griz have offered? I mean, the entire premise is just silly.

I wouldnt expect them to go for the same recruits really tho...if you look at a map..the actual distance from Fargo to Missoula is pretty shocking and deceptive since our states border. Fargo to Missoula is about 950 miles or a 13.5 hour drive....in comparison Fargo to Dallas is about 1,070 miles or 15 hours.....Geographys weird.

One of the posters above states that Missuola has better looking women than Fargo......wouldn't it stand to reason that Fargo-Moorhead with a population of around 250K would have more good looking women as compared to Missoula at around 69K?? Especially with over 30 thousand college students alone?? Not a real question, just think its stupid and childish when a someone says "Our women are better looking or our bars are better"

Back