• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Even Better, or as Good as Last, Week Coming

IdaGriz01

Next week's FCS schedule, with one game on Thursday, includes four -- and maybe five, if my poll guesses are wrong -- games between teams ranked in the STATS.com top-25. They include (using current rankings, which will almost certainly change ... but not a lot).

#7 Northern Iowa (2-2) at #3 N Dakota St (3-1)
#4 Illinois State (3-1) at #10 Youngstown St (3-1)
#21 Indiana State (3-1) at #5 S Dakota St (3-1)
#25 William & Mary (2-2) at #14 Villanova (2-2)
#22 SE Louisiana (3-1) at #23 McNeese State (4-0)

Of course, if my poll guesses are correct, the W&M at Villanova game won't be between ranked teams, since W&M is likely to drop out of the top-25. But if Cal Poly replaces them rather than North Dakota, the CP game with EWU will feature #25 (or whatever) versus #9. (UND, my candidate for #25, plays Idaho State. :) )
We also have #16 (but surely lower-ranked) Portland State at FBS North Texas (0-4) ... a credible upset possibility.

Should be another great weekend.

Heading for the sack now. :sleep:

One thing about being a writer (my new "day job" since I retired from the "real" world) ... eGriz is a nice break from sitting at the keyboard all day (and into the evening), but you have to call it quits at some time.

Back