• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Stitt Postgame Vid

SoldierGriz

DONOR
Quick vid of Coach Stitt...talks QB play, Calhoun, running game...more:

http://www.grizfannews.com/coach-stitt-talks-grizzlies-win-at-uc-davis/

I a surprised to hear him openly criticize players. He said Chad should not have changed the 4th down play to a run and he criticized WRs for not making catches. Usually we get more "coach talk" like "We didn't execute", etc.

Plus 1 said:
I a surprised to hear him openly criticize players. He said Chad should not have changed the 4th down play to a run and he criticized WRs for not making catches. Usually we get more "coach talk" like "We didn't execute", etc.

I see nothing wrong with that. Its about time he holds his players accountable for their actions on the field..

I don't look at it as criticizing. I look at it as holding these athletes accountable for their mistakes. They should be catching balls that hit them in the numbers (even though many balls didn't). Also the QB should make the right read and the right decision. The receivers and Chalich would be the first people to admit and say they could have played better and could have done better.

Big difference in saying dropped passes and a couple bad reads created some challenges compared to a Kramer saying my QB sucked today and the receivers couldn't catch a cold if they fell into the Arctic Ocean.

Loved the comment in Calhoun...."he would definitely be one of or top 2 if we had to play him, we were hoping not to. Now we're excited. He makes a huge difference"

Plus 1 said:
But notice that he did not mention any specific names in terms of the dropped passes, so he did not call anybody out ... specifically. Yes, he did mention Chad (can't avoid that), but, as he more or less said, it's on the QB (always) -- maybe too much credit for a win, too much blame for a loss. I still love his "grade" for the QB -- he earned a W for a Win, and that's what really matters.

I thought he said Chalich should not have changed the play from a run not to a run.

IdaGriz01 said:
Plus 1 said:
But notice that he did not mention any specific names in terms of the dropped passes, so he did not call anybody out ... specifically. Yes, he did mention Chad (can't avoid that), but, as he more or less said, it's on the QB (always) -- maybe too much credit for a win, too much blame for a loss. I still love his "grade" for the QB -- he earned a W for a Win, and that's what really matters.

Drops have proven this year to be equal opportunity - opportunities.

Very few people seem to be able to distinguish between criticism and constructive criticism any more. :)

Good he says what is on his mind. That way, people know and have the opportunity to improve/change.

Back