• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Villanueva Family Hits Goal!!

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Quick Update!! Thanks to the generous support of friends, family, Griz Nation, and a generous, final anonymous Griz Nation donation, the Villanueva Family has hit their Go Fund Me Goal!! Happy for them and happy to be part of Griz Nation. Thanks to all who donated or kept this family in your thoughts and prayers!!

Sorry, it took awhile to get the legitimate information from our compliance division, so I thought this deserved its own new thread.

As many of you know, our freshman OL Angel Villanueva's family experienced an apartment fire and lost basically everything. They established a Go a Fund Me page but many here were skeptical about donating or helping in fear of NCAA regulations (which is not a bad thing being with what our program has experienced in the past).

The good news is that the proper questions were asked of our compliance division for further research. It is okay for the general public to donate on our own accord, but the UofM nor the media can publicize it in any way. So we won't see any official UofM or Missoulian announcements on this but we can personally share and donate. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers and thank you for your consideration in helping them put the pieces back together.

https://www.gofundme.com/9ha5wwwc

If egriz can raise the crazy amount we did for a champions center, we should easily be able to put Angel's family in our heart and give that figure a race.

About half the money is raised....I had never given on a site like this....was very easy to do. No reason we can't get them to the goal amount.

HookedonGriz said:
It is okay for the general public to donate on our own accord, but the UofM nor the media can publicize it in any way.

I'm not against trying to help... but you realize that posting that link here is "publicizing" it in the "media"....

Puddles the Clown said:
HookedonGriz said:
It is okay for the general public to donate on our own accord, but the UofM nor the media can publicize it in any way.

I'm not against trying to help... but you realize that posting that link here is "publicizing" it in the "media"....
We aren't "the media"

Puddles the Clown said:
HookedonGriz said:

Even though this site is referred to as "Social Media", for purposes mentioned above I would think that newspapers, radio, magazines, and TV would be more likely to be considered "The Media".... It appears to me that it has been cleared by the University and I would personally assume it to be correct. Hard to believe that it is this complicated to help a down and out family. SHEEEEESH!

Puddles the Clown said:
HookedonGriz said:

:lol: egriz is the media.... :lol:

Puddles the Clown said:
HookedonGriz said:

Nope asked that question, as great as EGriz is, it is not the media. In this case, media being newspaper, UofM press release, radio promotion, etc

Griz nation is awesome. I have seen a nice spike in the donations and the dollar amount getting closer to goal just in the last day or so. Keep it going! How cool is it that our own offensine linemen, Colon McGilvary, donated a good chunk of change as well with the message that the Griz O lineman stand together! Great job people!

In the last two days, the contributions have gone from 49 to 72 and they are up close to $4000. They have a goal of $6000. Come on Griz Nation anything helps!!

Just checked and they are $11 away from $4,000.

Its a very modest sum they are asking for in the face of what they lost. $5 would help.

MsMaroon said:
Just checked and they are $11 away from $4,000.

Its a very modest sum they are asking for in the face of what they lost. $5 would help.
Now at 77 donors and approaching about $4,300. Keep up the good work!

82 donors now and only $1,500 away from their goal . . .

I've had had a couple of twitter messages from both Angel and his mom; she is lovely and what an exceptional young man she has raised; I'm sure his 3 younger brothers are great kids too. Look at their faces on the GoFundMe page!

I have followed Angel since he committed. Lets keep this going. Come on - he uses #DOLA all the time!! :)

Back