• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Playoff Schedule Week #1

Paytonlives

Staff member
Bracket can be found at:
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

Schedule- Home team in Bold
Chattanooga (9-3) Beat Fordham (9-3) 50-20 (Winner plays at #1 Jacksonville St. (10-1)
Citadel (9-3) Beat Coastal Carolina (9-3) 41-38 (Winner plays #8 Charleston Southern 9-2)
Colgate (8-4) Beat New Hampshire (7-5) 27-20 (Winner plays #5 James Madison 9-2)
Sam Houston (9-3) Beat S. Utah (8-4) 42-39 (Winner plays #4 McNeese St. 9-2)
Montana (8-4) Beat S. Dakota State (8-4) 24-17 (Winner plays #3 North Dakota St. (9-2)
Northern Iowa (8-4) Beat Eastern Ill. (7-5) 53-17 (Winner plays #6 Portland State 9-2)
William & Mary (9-3) Beat DuQuesne (8-4) 52-49 (Winner plays #7 Richmond 8-3)
Western Ill. (7-5) Beat Dayton (10-2) 24-7 (Winner plays #2 Illinois State 9-2)

Western Ill. in is a joke (Lost 3 of last 5 and got beat 59-7 by ND State!!!)
Eastern Ill. is a joke close second. (Beat 7 cupcakes and went 0-4 vs the good teams they played)

AZGrizFan said:
Western Ill. beat Eastern, UNI and SDSU. I guarantee that's why they're in.

Still a joke... NAU or ND would have been better choices. This is just that belief that the MV is a farbest FCS conference by a mile... They are good, but crap this is a joke!

Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Western Ill. beat Eastern, UNI and SDSU. I guarantee that's why they're in.

Still a joke... NAU or ND would have been better choices. This is just that belief that the MV is a farbest FCS conference by a mile... They are good, but crap this is a joke!

Perhaps an even WORSE choice is Eastern being in. Not a single even remotely quality win.

Conference Breakdowns
Missouri Valley 5 Teams- SD State, Ill. St., ND State, UNI and W. Ill.
CAA 4 Teams- James Madison, William & Mary, Richmond & New Hampshire
Big Sky 3 Teams- Montana, Southern Utah & Portland State
Big South- 2 Teams Coastal Carolina & Charleston Southern
Southern 2 Teams- Chattanooga & Citadel
Ohio Valley 2 Teams- Jack St. & E. Illinois
Southland 2 Teams- McNeese & Sam Houston
Patriot 2 Teams- Colgate & Fordham
NEC 1 Team- DuQuesne
Pioneer 1 Team- Dayton

printable:

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/football_fcs_2015.pdf

Paytonlives said:
Eastern Ill. is a joke close second. (Beat 7 cupcakes and went 0-4 vs the good teams they played)

Every year East Coast bias is evident......but this year it was midwest.

ordigger said:
Paytonlives said:

It is MVC bias at the FCS level

ordigger said:
Paytonlives said:

Hard to ignore the Missouri Valley is 29-11 in the playoffs since 2010, best post-season recored of any league. Last year it went 10-4 in the playoffs, but three loses were against teams within the conference (NDSU over SDSU & Illinois State/Illinois State over UNI, I think)

Last two years the MVC is 39-4 against non-conference FCS. Loses were NDSU to the Griz, Western Illinois against Coastal Carolina, Indiana State in the second round of the playoffs last year and I believe South Dakota to Montana. This year SDSU beat the Big Sky champ Southern Utah and Northern Iowa beat Eastern Washington and Cal Poly.

The league has been good, I think the wins support it.

I agree Western Illinois is a surprise, but they were rewarded for conference strength, wins over three playoff teams and probably a non-conference lose to Coastal Carolina when they were ranked No. 1. I don't think NAU had a win over a team above .500, and one win against a Division II school.

I think North Dakota has an argument about not getting in...win over Wyoming and Portland State, but no other wins against teams above .500. One win against a non-scholarship program...close call.

Western would have lost to about 22 other teams today. They might have been paired against about the only team they could have won against. SDSU would have put 50 on Dayton.

AZGrizFan said:
Western would have lost to about 22 other teams today. They might have been paired against about the only team they could have won against. SDSU would have put 50 on Dayton.
Well, I'm generally not into conspiracy theories, but I do get the feeling that the committee wanted their pick of a 6-5 team to look as good as possible. I give Dayton every credit -- just like San Diego last year -- for playing their hearts out. But they just do not have the players to compete at the FCS level. They should just go D-II (or whatever), where they might be able to compete at the top level. Having seen parts of every playoff game today, I have to agree that any of the other teams would have trounced Dayton ... and by a way more decisive score. The only really big blow-outs were Chattie over Fordham (50-30) and UNI over E Illinois (51-17). Either of those losers would have hung a much bigger score on the Flyers than West-Ill did today.

Western are garbage. The NCAA didn't want a repeat of all MVC final so they placed the four play-off teams on one side. Then they tried to sell it by putting in a fifth MVC team and giving them a "bye". Look how good we did, even the fifth team in this "monster conference" can win a game.

UND would have beaten Dayton by 45, NAU by 45, EWU by 50 and MSU would have at least tied and then lost in OT.

SaskGriz said:
Western are garbage. The NCAA didn't want a repeat of all MVC final so they placed the four play-off teams on one side. Then they tried to sell it by putting in a fifth MVC team and giving them a "bye". Look how good we did, even the fifth team in this "monster conference" can win a game.

UND would have beaten Dayton by 45, NAU by 45, EWU by 50 and MSU would have at least tied and then lost in OT.

UNI got a bye too...EIU (and the OVC in general) sucks. THe team from the MVFC that got fucked was SDSU. Teams that finished BELOW them in their own conference got significantly EASIER opponents. All for the sake of a couple hundred miles.

Back