• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Upset Guesses - Playoff Edition (Nov 28)

Where are the upsets?

• #14 Fordham (9-2) at #7 Chattanooga (8-3)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • #18 Citadel (8-3) at #10 Coastal Carol. (9-2)

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • #17 Southern Utah (8-3) at #6 SHSU (8-3)

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • #16 Montana (7-4) vs # 10 SDSU (8-3)

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • Duquesne (8-3) at #13 W&M (8-3)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • #24 E Illinois (7-4) at #15 UNI (7-4)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • UNH (7-4) vs Colgate (7-4)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Dayton (10-1) vs W Illinois (6-5)

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

IdaGriz01

Pretty easy to decide what games to use. There only eight, and every one of them counts. Where two STATS ranked teams are matched up, I used those rankings to select the underdog. (Duquesne is unranked, so ... ) For those games where the teams are not ranked, I used the NCAA power ranking numbers.

Under-dog on left, two selections allowed

Weird to think a home Griz win in the first round would be considered an upset, but it is. I also voted for the Citadel.

GRIZFAN20 said:
Weird to think a home Griz win in the first round would be considered an upset, but that's it is. I also voted for the Citadel.
Can't argue with the Citadel choice. Not only did Liberty provide a "game plan" for beating CC, the Bulldogs should higher than a kite after their big upset to even get into the playoffs.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I guess maybe its time to show SUU some love, not real sure about that though.
Well, you are allowed to change your votes ... so you can change your mind. :mrgreen:

I had to go with the Citadel; going into an 80,000 + seat stadium and beating an SEC opponent speaks for itself. I didn't watch the game or see any highlights but some posters said the Citadel ran all over SC. They could well do the same to Coastal Carolina.

OldtiredGRiz said:
I had to go with the Citadel; going into an 80,000 + seat stadium and beating an SEC opponent speaks for itself. I didn't watch the game or see any highlights but some posters said the Citadel ran all over SC. They could well do the same to Coastal Carolina.
We did watch parts of the game and, indeed, SC seemed to have no clue how to handle the Citadel triple-option. I just re-checked the stats, and Citadel attempted just 3 passes (completed 2 for 37 yards). They had 61 rushing attempts.

IdaGriz01 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Well, you are allowed to change your votes ... so you can change your mind. :mrgreen:

Of course I picked MT to win as well as a W Ill loss. This is good to know. I might change my mind Saturday night.

signedbewildered said:
IdaGriz01 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Of course I picked MT to win as well as a W Ill loss. This is good to know. I might change my mind Saturday night.
Indecision is a terrible thing. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AZDoc said:
I also Picked the Citadel as well New Hampshire.
I went with New Hampshire myself (along with the Griz :) ), mainly because they are playing at home. Over the last five years, UNH has lost just two games at home. And one of those was a playoff semi-final, where they lost to Illinois State. Overall they are 29-2 at home over those five years. (Meanwhile, they have a losing record, 16-17, on the road.)

IdaGriz01 said:
AZDoc said:
I also Picked the Citadel as well New Hampshire.
I went with New Hampshire myself (along with the Griz :) ), mainly because they are playing at home. Over the last five years, UNH has lost just two games at home. And one of those was a playoff semi-final, where they lost to Illinois State. Overall they are 29-2 at home over those five years. (Meanwhile, they have a losing record, 16-17, on the road.)

Huh...I picked them just because...hahaha

Back