• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mick

bgbigdog

DONOR
Did they do anything to recognize Mick @ the Eastern Game? Or perhaps he nixed anything planned for personal reasons. DC is well with recognizing and should be, but in my mind, that goes for Mick as well.

Agree, I thought there would be some kind of acknowledgement at the ewu game, but NOOOOOOOOO! Geeze this guy bleeds maroon and is the true definition of a Griz Fan, the voice of the Grizzlies for 31 years. 1st they (Grizzly Sports Properties, a division of Learfield Sports) squeezed out Scott Gurnsey, then Mick.

Here's to you Nick Garner, the general manager of GSP and corporate fuck nut. :finger:

"Touchdown Montana!"

PolsonGrizFan said:
Agree, I thought there would be some kind of acknowledgement at the ewu game, but NOOOOOOOOO! Geeze this guy bleeds maroon and is the true definition of a Griz Fan, the voice of the Grizzlies for 31 years. 1st they (Grizzly Sports Properties, a division of Learfield Sports) squeezed out Scott Gurnsey, then Mick.

Here's to you Nick Garner, the general manager of GSP and corporate f*** nut. :finger:

"Touchdown Montana!"

I completely agree with the sentiment. But it would be a little awkward to do to much pomp and circumstance when he still has the BB season to call.

True, but he could still be acknowledged at a football game. Rolls Royce could AT LEAST give him a signed football during pre-game.

Or maybe I'm in the minority. I think he got screwed and should be recognized for his contribution to the football program.

I'd forgotten the basketball duties, so it may very well be awkward on a grand scale. But I've got to believe there is something that needs be said prior to his last basketball call. It may just be me, but when I think back on Mick, I'll always hear "touchdown Montana" before anything else.

Checking out the so called reasons for his can job the probable cause or reason was his health. He had some problems with showing up on time and he had just made one screw up and made it to a game 5 min. before the event. Everyone likes him but they felt he had some very serious health issues so they felt he had to go.

Me? I have always liked him and his announcing etc. But he should have had some type of acknowledgement from the U. Our old buddy Royce rides away scott free again. It was tough on Bill Swanke and he got the boot in simlar fashion when they hired Mick. Perhaps coaching and announcing are two jobs one must stay away from.

Never saw anything explaining Mick and Gurns departure, but it is really none if my business. They were a delight to listen to. Mick's stroke may be the proximal cause, as it may be related to personality changes, attention deficits, etc. Strokes are a bitch.

Back