• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ndsu and Alabama continue to prove that D wins championships

Maxim

DONOR
Alabama and Ndsu have a lot in common in that they both win titles with a domimating defense and solid run game. Biggest keys to their success if having the best defensive and offensive lines in football. They dominate in the trenches. And it's interesting because the title matchups for both are similar both will face the #1 team who scores lots of points because of their dual threat qb. They have both faced high powered offenses in the past but still win because they execute so well. Can the Griz Win titles with just a high powered O? Hasn't worked out for Oregon. That is why we need an upgrade over Gregorak because that d is not dominant enough to win championships and I think Stitt realive that.

Listening to the FCS Wedge radio show those are the two teams the new Cat coach said he will be modeling his offense after...power run
Cut Ash down I believe by saying stats are for losers by putting up big offensive numbers and losing the game.
Said he won't think or worry about the Griz until the end of November
The FCS Wedge puts on a good program

Maxim said:
Alabama and Ndsu have a lot in common in that they both win titles with a domimating defense and solid run game. Biggest keys to their success if having the best defensive and offensive lines in football. They dominate in the trenches. And it's interesting because the title matchups for both are similar both will face the #1 team who scores lots of points because of their dual threat qb. They have both faced high powered offenses in the past but still win because they execute so well. Can the Griz Win titles with just a high powered O? Hasn't worked out for Oregon. That is why we need an upgrade over Gregorak because that d is not dominant enough to win championships and I think Stitt realive that.

Not sold on Stitt knows that....he hasn't even hired defensive coaches so must not be a big priority......

Ursus1 said:
Maxim said:

Not sold on Stitt knows that....he hasn't even hired defensive coaches so must not be a big priority......

I agree with both of you here....old cliché but true....o/l and d/l is where all other aspects of the game depend...

Ursus1 said:
Maxim said:

so does not hiring some defensive position coaches based on your timeline necessarily an indication that defense is not a priority.....

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
Maxim said:

so does not hiring some defensive position coaches based on your timeline necessarily an indication that defense is not a priority.....

Well it sure isn't a good sign....and if he is moving Semore up, why not release it to show recruits etc. he actually has a plan. It isn't D2! Coaches are being named, promoted now by FBS teams that just finished (or haven't even finished seasons ....Ala Oregon and Lubick) Choate hired an entire staff while still coaching for God's sake.

Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
Maxim said:

Well it sure isn't a good sign....and if he is moving Semore up, why not release it to show recruits etc. he actually has a plan. It isn't D2! Coaches are being named, promoted now by FBS teams that just finished (or haven't even finished seasons ....Ala Oregon and Lubick) Choate hired an entire staff while still coaching for God's sake.

I think you are making way too much out of it....the priority is recruiting....I am sure that recruits are in the know about what is going on.....adding a couple position coaches will be a bigger deal after recruiting and prior to Spring Ball....

You guys need to relax about not hiring coaches yet. It'll happen after the AFCA as is customary for literally the majority coaching hires.

The offense first mentality that was being discussed is however worthy of more discussion.

There's no reason you can't have a "score lots of points" offense AND a dominating defense/defensive line. It's not like they're mutually exclusive.

AZGrizFan said:
There's no reason you can't have a "score lots of points" offense AND a dominating defense/defensive line. It's not like they're mutually exclusive.

but that is not what people are getting it....they are questioning the priority that Stitt puts on the defensive side of the ball....

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

I think you are making way too much out of it....the priority is recruiting....I am sure that recruits are in the know about what is going on.....adding a couple position coaches will be a bigger deal after recruiting and prior to Spring Ball....

After talking to one recruit he has heard NOTHING. He has heard ftom other schools coaches with offers however. And if you don't think other schools bring up the unknowns, you are crazy. Recruiting is a cutthroat experience

Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:

After talking to one recruit he has heard NOTHING
. He has heard ftom other schools coaches with offers however. And if you don't think other schools bring up the unknowns, you are crazy. Recruiting is a cutthroat experience

I guess that UM won't sign any kids then.....but my assumption is the kid has heard nothing because Griz coaches have quit recruiting him.....or he hasn't asked.....and as for the unknown...not sure the Griz have many unknowns....and if a kid isn't going to commit to UM because of a position coach that he most likely has never heard of anyhow....then I guess goodbye...

grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

. He has heard ftom other schools coaches with offers however. And if you don't think other schools bring up the unknowns, you are crazy. Recruiting is a cutthroat experience

I guess that UM won't sign any kids then.....but my assumption is the kid has heard nothing because Griz coaches have quit recruiting him.....or he hasn't asked.....and as for the unknown...not sure the Griz have many unknowns....and if a kid isn't going to commit to UM because of a position coach that he most likely has never heard of anyhow....then I guess goodbye...

Everybody knows it's all about pamphlets these days. This just shows how UM is lacking in the marketing department. I know a kid who got like three pamphlets from MSU, but hasn't received any pamphlets from UM. UM owes him more than that. He's a complete fucking idiot, so he made his college decision based on the pamphlets. Do Griz coaches even send pamphlets? I don't remember getting one this year, and I have all four years of eligibility left. Do you guys think it could be that Stitt doesn't need me on the team?

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:

Everybody knows it's all about pamphlets these days. This just shows how UM is lacking in the marketing department. I know a kid who got like three pamphlets from MSU, but hasn't received any pamphlets from UM. UM owes him more than that. He's a complete f***[*] idiot, so he made his college decision based on the pamphlets. Do Griz coaches even send pamphlets? I don't remember getting one this year, and I have all four years of eligibility left. Do you guys think it could be that Stitt doesn't need me on the team?

CDA...I am sure it is character concerns in your case....

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:

Everybody knows it's all about pamphlets these days. This just shows how UM is lacking in the marketing department. I know a kid who got like three pamphlets from MSU, but hasn't received any pamphlets from UM. UM owes him more than that. He's a complete f***[*] idiot, so he made his college decision based on the pamphlets. Do Griz coaches even send pamphlets? I don't remember getting one this year, and I have all four years of eligibility left. Do you guys think it could be that Stitt doesn't need me on the team?

CDA...I am sure it is character concerns in your case....

Yeah, you're probably right. One RICO conviction, 29 [false] arson arrests, and there goes my 5.2 40 and above average hands, down the drain. Just plain old bad luck.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizindabox said:
Ursus1 said:
grizindabox said:

Small correction: it's about a position coach the kid has never heard of handing him 3 pamphlets.

Ursus1 said:
After talking to one recruit he has heard NOTHING. He has heard ftom other schools coaches with offers however. And if you don't think other schools bring up the unknowns, you are crazy. Recruiting is a cutthroat experience

This sounds like some sort of NCAA violation that our compliance department would not be happy with.

AZGrizFan said:

Ever see a team that has both? A top five O and D? Or even top 10? Usually you have to be partial to one or the other, or be super bad ass at developing players. Not easy to accomplish.

MrTitleist said:
Ursus1 said:

This sounds like some sort of NCAA violation that our compliance department would not be happy with.

Asking a kid you have known for years if he has made his decision on schools yet....ya whatever

Ursus1 said:
MrTitleist said:
Ursus1 said:

Asking a kid you have known for years if he has made his decision on schools yet....ya whatever

As silly as it is, this is actually in the NCAA bylaws..

Bylaw 13.1.2.4 talks about a few of the things you can and cannot do. Basically you cannot have any type of recruiting contact with a prospective student-athlete at any time. You are allowed to speak with a prospective student-athlete (including conversations on a blog or website) as long as the prospect initiated the conversation and the conversation does not involve any recruitment on your part.

Back