• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Griz signing day list (36) Signed/ Official +11 more

Paytonlives

Staff member
Transfer (2)
WR- Nolan Thompson 6'4" 200 (Transfer from Air Force) (2-Star)
S - Justin Strong (Trans from Oregon St) (3-Star)

New Names/ Walk-on (9)
RB- Cody McCombs 5'9" 188 Billings, MT
WR- Mitchell McLaughlin 5'9" 170 Riverside, CA
WR- Ethan Brewer 6'4" 180 Alma, AR

CB- Sean Kautz 6'0" 160 Billings MT
DB- Hunter McKenzie 6'0" 205 LBS Gig Harbor, WA
LS- Matthew O'Donoghue 6'1" 245 Santa Ana, CA
K- Eric Williams 5'11" 170 Missoula, MT
K- Brandon Purdy 5'10" 168 Kalispell,MT
K- Austin Carver 5'9" 200 Gilbert, AZ

Once they are announced I add them to SIGNED/official, The amount of scholly does not matter...
THEY NOW ARE GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!

Signed/ Official (33)
QB - Reese Phillips 6'2" 225 (U of Kentucky Transfer) (3-Star)
QB - Gresch Jensen 6'2" 210 (Mountainview HS) Auburn, WA (2-Star)
QB - Connor Kaegi 6'7" 205 Transfer (Feather River College) Quincy, CA
QB - Brandon Bea 6'3" 217 (Riverdale HS) Murfreesboro, TN
RB - Rey Green 5'11" 213 (Trans to Union HS) Vancouver, WA (3-Star)
WR - Lane Hovey 6'4" 205 (Nebraska Transfer)
WR/TE Ben Hardy 6'6" (Fairview HS) Fairview, MT
WR/Y - Brennan Corbin, 6'5" 200 (Villa Park HS) Villa, CA
WR- Samori Touré 6'3" 180 (Westview HS) Portland, OR (2-Star)
WR/Y - Dareon Nash 6'2" 175 (Charter Oak HS) Covina, CA (2-Star)
WR/H - Jed Nagler 6'4" 207 (Whitefish HS) Whitefish, MT
WR/H - Samuel Akem 6'4" 185 (Broken Arrow HS) Broken Arrow, OK (2-Star)
WR/Y - James Homan 6'2" 185 Transfer (Blinn College Transfer) Brenham, TX (2-Star)
OL - Brandon Scott 6'7" 330 (Owassa HS) Owassa, OK
OL - Ashton Torres 6'4" 300 (Cherokee Trail HS) Aurora, CO (3-Star)
OL - Thayne Jackson 6'6" 270 (Gilbert HS) Gilbert, AZ (3-Star)
OL - Dylan Eickmeyer 6'4" 270 (Salpointe Catholic HS) Tucson, AZ (2-Star)
OL - Conlan Beaver 6'5" 240 (Massaponix HS) Spotslvania, VA

DL - Myles McKee-Osibodu 6'3" 270 (Santa Ana College Transfer) Santa Ana, CA (2-Star)
DL - Esai Longoria 6'3" 268 (Vallivue HS) Caldwell, ID
DL - Brandt Davidson 6'2" 285 (Scottsdale CC Transfer) (2-Star)
DL - Devin Maua 6'4" 240 (Billings Sr. HS) Billings, MT
DE - Noah Gerald 6'3" 245 (Williams Field HS) Gilbert, AZ (2-Star)
DE - Randy Rodriguez 6'3 225 (Centennial HS) Peoria AZ (2-Star)
DE - Trace Bradshaw 6'3" 230 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT
DE - Trase LeTexier 6'2" 230 (Jefferson HS) Boulder, MT
DE - Cole Rosling 6'4" 215 (Helena Capital HS) Helena, MT
LB - Jimmy Banks 6'1" 225 Transfer (U of Alabama-Birmingham Transfer)
LB - Jace Lewis 6'1" 210 (Townsend HS) Townsend, MT
DB - Josh Egbo 6'2" 190 (Highland HS) Gilbert AZ (2-Star)
DB - Lewis Cowans 195 (Mission Viejo HS) Mission Viejo, CA
S - Gavin Crow 6'1" 190 (Kamiakin HS) Kennewick, WA (2-Star)

LS - Caleb Mitchell 6'1" 190 (Mount Si HS) Snoqualmie, WA (2-Star)
K/P - Austin Carver 5'9" 200 (Mesa CC Transfer) Mesa, AZ
K - Trevin Thompson (msu/carroll Transfer) 2/2/16

VERBALS
DL - Pedro Sibiea 6'3" 300 (Trans-Louisville) (3-Star)

I'm hearing a few of these names aren't actual recruits with offers. May be a case of a few guys announcing to Montana in hopes to get an offer.

BWahlberg said:
I'm hearing a few of these names aren't actual recruits with offers. May be a case of a few guys announcing to Montana in hopes to get an offer.

Well we will find out by tomorrow. If they can play come walk on!

How would someone just announce a commitment with no offer? GD Internet. Kyle, time to earn your accolades. Are some of these guys not real commitments?

BWahlberg said:

That would suck... I guess we will know in 24 hours.

bgbigdog said:
How would someone just announce a commitment with no offer? GD Internet. Kyle, time to earn your accolades. Are some of these guys not real commitments?

Everything I know says they are. I've confirmed names with other commits during their visits and have talked with each recruit and their coach. Coaches are always in contact with Montana.....but when you can't confirm names with the program because programs are afraid of committing NCAA violations or tipping off other schools (though it is completely within NCAA rules to confirm a player is being recruited or committed) this kind of thing can happen.

I'll stand by my reporting.

BWahlberg said:

Nevermind...

http://m.missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/montana-s-recruiting-class-swells-during-final-weekend/article_d7ab1d1f-f8fa-5da9-a333-61b25a636ef5.html

By proxy, here is the list Kyle updated in the Missoulian. 29 folks and while I haven't cross-checked everything, @ first blush - looks like the Payton effort.

I'm standing with Kyle.

Paytonlives said:
BWahlberg said:

I'm hearing something slightly different: that some of these guys who we would "assume" are full-rides, aren't necessarily. Some (no specific names were mentioned) may have been willing to accept 1/2 or 1/3 of a scholly with the intent of working hard and getting a full scholly when we get the 4 back next year....that speaks to Stitt and his teams' ability to sell recruits on the value of a UM education and playing for a winner in front of a packed house. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
BWahlberg said:

I'm hearing something slightly different: that some of these guys who we would "assume" are full-rides, aren't necessarily. Some (no specific names were mentioned) may have been willing to accept 1/2 or 1/3 of a scholly with the intent of working hard and getting a full scholly when we get the 4 back next year....that speaks to Stitt and his teams' ability to sell recruits on the value of a UM education and playing for a winner in front of a packed house. :thumb: :thumb:

Stitt and coaches are flat out getting it done..........thank you coaches :clap: :thumb: :clap:

And I think its safe to say Gavin Crow is NOT one of those guys taking a partial... :lol:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gavinjcrow32/status/694571450015977472[/tweet]

If we keep all these guys tomorrow I will be freaking ecstatic. Please hold through boys..haha

And it just blows me away that we still use a fax machine. If we allowed technology that most people use in 2016 we could have these boys wrapped up and on paper by 9am!

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
BWahlberg said:

That's certain. I can confirm that. I think you might be surprised at some of the guys who are getting partials. But a large reason why they accept partials is because Montana's coaches are serious about going after guys with good academic standing. It allows them to offer partial athletic aid and cover a considerable amount of the gap with academic money -- if the kid qualifies for it. It also kind of tells you where the kid's commitment to the team is; if he is willing to give up athletic aid so it can be spread out to attract more talent, you probably want that kid on your team.

kyle_sample said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
BWahlberg said:

That's certain. I can confirm that. I think you might be surprised at some of the guys who are getting partials. But a large reason why they accept partials is because Montana's coaches are serious about going after guys with good academic standing. It allows them to offer partial athletic aid and cover a considerable amount of the gap with academic money -- if the kid qualifies for it. It also kind of tells you where the kid's commitment to the team is; if he is willing to give up athletic aid so it can be spread out to attract more talent, you probably want that kid on your team.

Agreed....110%

Frankly I don't care who has a full ride, who has a partial ride, who has academic help or who is a preferred walk on. All I care about is these young men have chosen to be Grizzlies and to represent the University of Montana. I am proud of that fact and of them for making that decision. Welcome to Grizzlyland guys. Your stay here will be enjoyable and successful. Thank you for choosing the University of Montana and our football program.

Go Griz!!

kyle_sample said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
BWahlberg said:

This...
Another reason this is going to be a special class :thumb:

Back