• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Press Conference Quotes

EverettGriz

DONOR
The quote of the entire day, when Stitt was asked about some Montana kids that didn't sign:

"We got outbid on a few kids. But we do not think a couple thousand dollars is worth giving up the chance to run through that tunnel. Some kids took the money; others took the opportunity to be the best". :thumb:

"We got some guys we probably should not have based upon what we could offer. But kids want to play here".

"We want Montana football back on top, but we also want our alumni to be proud of how we do it. We got character kids who will do it the right way".

I loved that first quote, I wrote it down too.

The other great thing I heard him say (something that I've always said) is that 18/19 year olds aren't as good as 22/23 year olds, so he hopes to red-shirt everybody if he can't fill the remaining holes with a few more transfers/drop downs.

Griz football is in good hands and headed back to where it should be...competing for NC's!

D will still be based on a 4-3, but they will play some 3 down, one up and therefore looked for players to fit that need.

IntuitiveGriz said:
I loved that first quote, I wrote it down too.

The other great thing I heard him say (something that I've always said) is that 18/19 year olds aren't as good as 22/23 year olds, so he hopes to red-shirt everybody if he can't fill the remaining holes with a few more transfers/drop downs.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/694978486981660673[/tweet]

Stitt also said that they will be signing two more high school kids in the next few days. I believe 1 will be from Montana and 1 will be from Iowa.

with the signing of this o/l class it should be obvious to the incumbents that the coaching staff saw this as area that must be upgraded... I would think the o/l competition this fall to be very, very intense if one wants to see the playing field, let alone a starting assignment.....

krammer said:
with the signing of this o/l class it should be obvious to the incumbents that the coaching staff saw this as area that must be upgraded... I would think the o/l competition this fall to be very, very intense if one wants to see the playing field, let alone a starting assignment.....

It would be great to actually see spring practices. I have a feeling much of spring camp will be closed down to the public though. Then again, I respect and understand why some coaches do this. The less that can be leaked out to the competition, the better.

krammer said:

D-line as well. Especially if Sibiea ends up here. LOTS of new competition for Kidder, Peevey, Johnson, Davis, Bradley, Schye, Sims, Harris, etc., etc.

Allezchat said:
That's a lot of players coming in for everyone to redshirt. I wonder how depth is affected.

JC guys and transfers are not sitting. They were recruited to play right away. You may see a DB or 2 play and probably a receiver or 3. Possibley an O lineman or 2 for depth or if they are that good. My guess is 8 or so see action this next year.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Stitt also said that they will be signing two more high school kids in the next few days. I believe 1 will be from Montana and 1 will be from Iowa.

I read somewhere it was the db out of the jc school in council bluffs iowa....he may need to graduate to be eligible.......

EverettGriz said:
The quote of the entire day, when Stitt was asked about some Montana kids that didn't sign:

"We got outbid on a few kids. But we do not think a couple thousand dollars is worth giving up the chance to run through that tunnel. Some kids took the money; others took the opportunity to be the best". :thumb:

That sure got the butt hurt going over on BCN :lol: :lol:
Stitt on KRTV

Postby Mtcatfan on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:15 pm
Saw the interview of Stitt on the Krtv sports broadcast. He commented that it was really too bad some kids chose to not run out of the hallowed tunnel for a few thousand bucks. He said they chose instead not to be champions. What an arrogant pr@#k. I didn't understand why people didn't like him. I know now. Wow! Would have been a good opportunity to wish some young men good luck with their choice. Seemed to be implying they chose MSU but didn't actually state it.

biga75 said:
EverettGriz said:

That sure got the butt hurt going over on BCN :lol: :lol:
Stitt on KRTV

Postby Mtcatfan on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:15 pm
Saw the interview of Stitt on the Krtv sports broadcast. He commented that it was really too bad some kids chose to not run out of the hallowed tunnel for a few thousand bucks. He said they chose instead not to be champions. What an arrogant pr@#k. I didn't understand why people didn't like him. I know now. Wow! Would have been a good opportunity to wish some young men good luck with their choice. Seemed to be implying they chose MSU but didn't actually state it.

I can't wait for the day, which may not come until I'm old and gray, when we beat your ass on the field and Stitt still declares a victory.

Because you damn well know we beat your ass on in state recruiting this year, yet he still claims victory. So the delusion is top down? Or bottom up?

post-30942-Jennifer-Aniston-OH-REALLY-gif-nmbd.gif

LongTimeCatFan said:
I can't wait for the day, which may not come until I'm old and gray, when we beat your ass on the field and Stitt still declares a victory.

Because you damn well know we beat your ass on in state recruiting this year, yet he still claims victory. So the delusion is top down? Or bottom up?

One would think with as many times as the cat fans have claimed to beat the ass of the Griz on the subject of in state recruiting you wouldn't have to wait until you're old and gray to beat the Griz on the field... Hmm...

So who is actually delusional? :)

Yeah, cause soooooooo many coaches stand up there on signing day and talk about how thrilled and proud they are that kids they offered signed with someone else. Sooo many coaches stand up there at the podium and talk about other team's recruiting classes. So many coaches stand up there and wish kids well that they spent eight months recruiting yet went to another school, let alone their rival. Haha. Name one.

In fact, at a different presser today, I heard a coach being asked about a players that went to a rival school and he replied "We don't care about the kids who aren't here."

Back