• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rutgers LB from last fall?

Maxim

DONOR
Whatever happened to that LB from Rutgers that was transferring here last fall?

He's like 6'1 240, they should make him a LB not a DE. I believe he has decent speed and we could use some big LB's in the middle.

Maxim said:
He's like 6'1 240,. they should make him a LB not a DE. I believe he has decent speed and we could use some big LB's in the middle.

The Griz will be using 2015 team Hardest Hitter award winner Connor Strahm (6-0, 235) and his HS teammate and and FBS drop-down Jimmy Banks (6-1, 225) in the middle in 2016. Plus there's MLB RS-FR David Fa'atuiese 6-3, 240.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Maxim said:
He's like 6'1 240,. they should make him a LB not a DE. I believe he has decent speed and we could use some big LB's in the middle.

The Griz will be using 2015 team Hardest Hitter award winner Connor Strahm (6-0, 235) and his HS teammate and and FBS drop-down Jimmy Banks (6-1, 225) in the middle in 2016. Plus there's MLB RS-FR David Fa'atuiese 6-3, 240.

Yeah we're in pretty good shape in the middle of the field, IMO

IntuitiveGriz said:
Maxim said:

I thought Banks was supposed to be an OLB -- not a MLB??

go96griz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Maxim said:

I thought Banks was supposed to be an OLB -- not a MLB??

Nope, MLB:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/694946705955885056[/tweet]

Banks was a first team All-State linebacker in 2012…his senior year in high school he had a school record 182 tackles. :shock: I want that in the middle.

He has NFL LB size I want that in the middle to stop the run, i.e. Thomas or Kuechly.

Back