• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Favorite incoming freshmen

brewskis

DONOR
Seems like a fun and appropriately-timed topic.

Post four (4) incoming freshmen, two on offense and two on defense, that you think are best suited to be outstanding Grizzlies in the future.

I like Dareon Nash at WR. Mike Ferriter described him as "the second coming of smooth", and on his highlight film that's what you see. Smooth route runner, goes up and high-points the ball, does damage after the catch with a nasty combination of speed and quickness. Remind you of anybody? I'd say this is a Jamaal Jones type of WR in the works. Everyone drools over our 6-5 WRs, and for good reason....but this guy is going to be our Mr. Dependable who can burn ANY defense.

In Stitt's offense, we should expect the QB to be first team all conference....let's hope Gresch Jensen is that guy. On film, he looks like the entire package. Great arm, smart kid, keeps his eyes downfield when scrambling, and has the ability to hurt defenses with his legs. I also think his size was a factor in Stitt recruiting him. 6-2, probably end up around 6-3 or so once he's a JR-SR. He's got a little beef to him as well, hopefully this makes him more durable than most. Only thing that's left to be determined is if he has the intangibles to be the focal point and leader of this team.

On defense, I'm shocked that Randy Rodriguez flew under the radar the way he did. Huge guy, I believe 6-4 240, and has more speed than anyone at that size should. His film is impressive, making plays all over the field, relentlessly pursuing the ball carrier, works through double teams, and hits like a train. Could be a defensive lineman of a caliber that we've never seen before. I think a Tyronne Holmes/Kidder hybrid? That would be terrifying. Plus, he's specifically said that it's this classes' goal to get Montana back to winning championships. Hendricks touted Rodriguez as being a high-character guy. I think we got a good one here.

On the back end of the defense, Gavin Crow could be a stud for us in the future. He earned his team's MVP honors on defense AND offense (as a WR). On his clip you can see he loves to hit, and does it with attitude that reminds me of Colt Anderson. He looks like he's got the "it" factor. Hopefully his success as a WR also translates to being a stud in coverage and earns him a reputation of terrorizing opposing QB's. Our safeties have been weak in coverage over the last few years, I think this young crop of Crow, Williams, and Sandry paired with Semore and Shann are just what's needed to turn that around.

I am actually excited to see what Phillips can do at QB. You don't play in the SEC by accident. QB competition will be fun to hear about.

Mostly, I am excited about the bigs we brought in for the OL.

Just watched Scott's clip too, impressive. Figured a guy that big that didn't make it at FBS would be struggling to keep up on the edge, but he looks like a gem.

Tough to select just a few, I like 'em all. But.....

Offense:
Jensen- QB of the future, 'nuff said.
Jackson/Eickmeyer- couldn't choose between these two, but I believe both are coming in rip-roaring & ready.

Defense:
Longoria- I like the big guys in the middle. As he gets bigger & stronger he'll be a stalwart force on the line.
Egbo- Intrigued by his size & athleticism in the defensive backfield, & I think the coaches really see something there.

I could easily go back & select a new quartet & be equally excited, future is bright indeed.

GoldStandardGriz said:
Tough to select just a few, I like 'em all. But.....

Offense:
Jensen- QB of the future, 'nuff said.
Jackson/Eickmeyer- couldn't choose between these two, but I believe both are coming in rip-roaring & ready.

Defense:
Longoria- I like the big guys in the middle. As he gets bigger & stronger he'll be a stalwart force on the line.
Egbo- Intrigued by his size & athleticism in the defensive backfield, & I think the coaches really see something there.

I could easily go back & select a new quartet & be equally excited, future is bright indeed.
Longoria was right up there for me too. I think with a year on redshirt he's going to be nasty in the middle.

All of them!!

Love Thayne Jackson not just because of his beast-mode skills, but his intangibles of leadership are huge. Need leaders and this kid has it. He recruited kids to the Griz as much as the coaches did. He reached out to every recruit and started a group chat with the entire class. They are already in it to win it together. Love that kind of thing.

Toure - most impressive highlight reel I've seen. Size, speed, skill, and tough to tackle. This kid was a steal for the Griz.

Jensen - QB of the future. Gonna do big things.

Green - another steal and dual threat back who can catch everything out of the backfield. Stitt is going to be able to use this kid like a mad scientist.

033b4a4f306100190124cad337fd4085.jpg

Offense:
Samuel Akem is going to be a beast here. All of the receivers are outstanding but he was a steal. He's going to give d coordinators headaches.
Ashton Torres is going to be a really important part of the line. Big and physical. Lots of post season accolades in a high level league. He's going to be a good one.

Defense:
Gavin Crow is going to be a great safety. I could see him sneaking down into the box and helping against the run.
Lewis Cowans intrigues me. Tall corner. Can't wait to see what he can do.

Sidenote- it seems with adding corners over 6 feet tall they are doing something similar to what Seattle did with their secondary. It's worked out well for them...

Helena, you need to concentrate and quit postings photos of my wife.
Back to subject, Toure provided my favorite video, followed by Green, followed by several WRs.
D was a toss up with several players.
Hard to pick just one or two guys with such a great class. There are some great kids that might not see the field (much), but would have started in past years.
The future is bright.

NativeGriz said:
Helena, you need to concentrate and quit postings photos of my wife.
Back to subject, Toure provided my favorite video, followed by Green, followed by several WRs.
D was a toss up with several players.
Hard to pick just one or two guys with such a great class. There are some great kids that might not see the field (much), but would have started in past years.
The future is bright.

I am fine with you paying the bills while I plow the fields!

Conlan Beaver - Obviously Thayne Jackson is something to be excited about but Conlan Beaver is going to be right there as the toughest SOB on the line. This kid is going to work really hard and play mean.

Samori Toure' - This kid is going to take WR screens to the house.

Trase LeTexier - My pick to wear 37 from this class.

Gavin Crow - Our next safety to play in the NFL.

DzNV2sG.jpg

Good opening post, brewskis. Well said, I agree with you on everything. You must have laid off the Hams a tad. :thumb:

In addition to those players, I'd say Akem (a nightmare to cover at the H) and a dark horse, DE Noah Gerald. If he can add some muscle, I think this kid is going to be a very special pass rusher, because Gerald is already fast and gets after people.

I could practically list the whole class however! :lol: I am still in awe. :shock:

Back