• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New recruits cost real money...

Griz90

...and you can help by joining the Grizzly Scholarship Association (GSA) today. Everyone on eGriz should be a member of the GSA. This year's recruiting class looks as good as any in history. Why not be a part of the on-going recruiting effort and support the GSA. The GSA is basically the UM Grizzly Sports Booster Club. Joining the GSA is easy. Simply go to gogriz.com and click on the GSA button at the top of the page. Why become a Grizzly Scholarship Association member?
*To support the academic and athletic endeavors of over 300 UM student-athletes
*The greatest and easiest way to support Grizzly Athletics
*Free admission to Griz Soccer and Volleyball games
*Donations to become a member range from $50-$5,000.
*Tax Deduction. You will receive a tax deduction because the GSA is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization.
*Personal invitations to all GSA events.
*Stay connected through emails from the GSA updating you on the latest happenings in Grizzly Athletics
*Scholarship costs continue to rise for UM Athletics. The more the GSA can raise, the more we can contribute.
*Be more than a fan.......become part of the team!

A good way is to upgrade your season tickets to the GSA sections which require a donations. A win-win.

Great point. Even though we worked hard to break up scholarships and supplement them with academics money the total cost of out of so many out of state rides is very significant. It would be good to post the dollars involved.

Yep let's all pitch in to pay handsomely for those Arizona kids to walk through the WashGriz tunnel on game day.

Those in-state Frontier-level goofs need to earn that right! Let them fend for themselves.

I got my education from a different source than an academic university. The question I have is, why does it cost more for an out-of-state kid to attend a university than it does for a in-state? Seems to me a student is a student.

NorthwestFresh said:
Yep let's all pitch in to pay handsomely for those Arizona kids to walk through the WashGriz tunnel on game day.

Those in-state Frontier-level goofs need to earn that right! Let them fend for themselves.

I agree. Let the state continue to subsidize MSU athletics like the charity they are. UM will continue to do the majority of its own work to perpetually earn more than MSU and the rest of the BSC.

CDAGRIZ said:
NorthwestFresh said:

I agree. Let the state continue to subsidize MSU athletics like the charity they are. UM will continue to do the majority of its own work to perpetually earn more than MSU and the rest of the BSC.

Funny stuff coming from a grad of a university with a declining enrollment, that is cutting staff, and that is hemorraging money.

But hey, let's make fun of MSU because they take slightly more state money to fund athletics while enrollment is at an all-time high. Maybe the Kitties soon will also need more out-of-state athletes on scholarship to add to the pot in tuition.

reinell30 said:
I got my education from a different source than an academic university. The question I have is, why does it cost more for an out-of-state kid to attend a university than it does for a in-state? Seems to me a student is a student.
There is no difference in cost. Most universities subsidize in-state tuition with high-priced out-of-state tuition.

Irrespective of in-state or out-of-state, institutional support claims in the form of athletic scholarships is inflated by the accountants who book them at full cost, when they are incremental to the university. Student 14,001 vs. 14,000 does not cause the university to incur additional full cost of that incremental student.

NorthwestFresh said:
CDAGRIZ said:
NorthwestFresh said:

Funny stuff coming from a grad of a university with a declining enrollment, that is cutting staff, and that is hemorraging money.

But hey, let's make fun of MSU because they take slightly more state money to fund athletics while enrollment is at an all-time high. Maybe the Kitties soon will also need more out-of-state athletes on scholarship to add to the pot in tuition.

OK. Sounds good. Will do. Keep rooting for the joke of a program that embarrasses the State of Montana at every turn, and requires taxpayers to fund the majority of its athletic department.

NorthwestFresh said:

RE will have UM in the Frontier soon enough.....then you can have your cake and eat it too...

grizindabox said:
NorthwestFresh said:

RE will have UM in the Frontier soon enough.....then you can have your cake and eat it too...

Then, we might get into some real recruiting battles with MSU!

Would you guys get off your ass and fund FCOA scholarships so MSU can. Apparently the BOR said both or neither again.

I wish you guys weren't holding us back.

Seriously! Between tailgate fees and season tickets, how in the hell can the gsa not afford FCOA?

Bobcat Club is ready.

Let's do it!

LongTimeCatFan said:
Bobcat Club is ready.

We know.

Losers%20Group.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Bobcat Club is ready.

We know.

Losers%20Group.jpg

So you broke bitches aren't gonna pony up huh? Figures

Call your sugar daddy Denny. Maybe he can help ya out.

Again

Maybe. Who knows? I honestly don't even know what you're talking about.

FCOA

Full Cost Of Attendance

It's about $4000 for living expenses if I remember right.

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

So you broke bitches aren't gonna pony up huh? Figures

Call your sugar daddy Denny. Maybe he can help ya out.

Again

Maybe. Who knows? I honestly don't even know what you're talking about.

FCOA

Full Cost Of Attendance

It's about $4000 for living expenses if I remember right.

Wow. Sounds cheap. Maybe we could get the state to cover it. Can you imagine if the taxpayers had to give just as much to UM as they do to MSU? UM might even dominate the Cats in every relevant sport.

Back