• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Way Too Early 2016 Predictions

Your "way too early" guess at Montana's 2016 record:

• 11-0

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 10-1

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • 9-2

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • 8-3

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • 7-4

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • 6-5

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 5-6

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 3-8

• 2-9

• 1-10

• 0-11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters

get'em_griz

DONOR
Now that signing day is over and we await spring ball, let's have some fun and look at our 2016 season.

Date - Opponent - FCS Ranking (compughterratings.com)
9.3 - vs Saint Francis (73)
9.10 - @ Northern Iowa (4)
9.24 - @ Cal Poly (56)
10.1 - vs Southern Utah (25)
10.8 - vs Mississippi Valley (123)
10.15 - vs Sacramento State (104)
10.22 - @ Northern Arizona (39)
10.29 - @ Eastern Washington (32)
11.5 - vs Idaho State (103)
11.12 - @ Northern Colorado (57)
11.19 - vs Montana State (62)

Taking an early look, what do you expect/hope the Griz record will be in 2016? Here's what I'm hoping for:

At an early glance, I think the Griz will finish at 9-2 or 8-3 with a worst-case scenario of the Griz finishing at 7-4 with all losses coming on the road to UNI, Cal Poly, NAU and EWU. If the Griz can come away with wins at UNI and Cal Poly, they have a great shot at running the table the rest of the way. I really don't see us losing at home next year. With a full year already under the belt, we should see this offense start clicking and I think the Griz can definitely win the Big Sky in 2016.

I see sure-fire wins vs Saint Francis, Mississippi, SacState, Idaho and Northern Colorado. That leaves six remaining games that we should at least split. That's 8 wins and that's my vote. 8 wins and 3 losses.

0-11? How does that even seem possible when you have a date with state ag every November? I know. You're just being thorough, offering choices, taking the high road. But sometimes you just have to ignore your upbringing, professional training & experience, and act like a Griz fan. Man up already.

We will win more than we lose. This early in the morning and not amp'd up yet I fall into the cautious 7 - 4 group of sissy predictions. Later, I will have us running the table.
QB play seems to loom up in my small pea brain. We need a damn good starting player but just as important we need a super #2 player. No I don't have a clue as to who, what, where, when and how any of this QB stuff shakes out. But for us to win we need two good QB's. Toss in a line that learns to hold and we win tons and tons of games!

Umista said:
We will win more than we lose. This early in the morning and not amp'd up yet I fall into the cautious 7 - 4 group of sissy predictions. Later, I will have us running the table.
QB play seems to loom up in my small pea brain. We need a damn good starting player but just as important we need a super #2 player. No I don't have a clue as to who, what, where, when and how any of this QB stuff shakes out. But for us to win we need two good QB's. Toss in a line that learns to hold and we win tons and tons of games!

QB play is fine as long as O-line play is improved.

9-2 or 8-3 losses either coming from Cal Poly, Northern Iowa, or NAU.

EWU is in for a long losing streak. The tide is changing :coffee:

;)

Wow, I didn't realize what a tough road schedule we will have this year. I think we'll lose 3 of the 4 at Northern Iowa, Eastern Washington, Cal Poly and Northern Arizona. I think we will go undefeated at home this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us drop a winnable game (e.g. Sac State or SUU).

Along with everyone's well-documented OL concerns, I'm also concerned about the relative immaturity of the whole squad. I'm assuming that a significant number of underclassmen will see lots of playing time this year, and at this point I think it's just too early to tell how good they'll be. So, a cautiously optimistic 8-3 is my prediction, but I wouldn't be shocked at a 7-4 season.

K, I'll act like a kitten for a moment.....

No one should care how many we lose and if we get to the play offs or not

This is only a beat "State" at all costs program......

and Our defense is gunna be way better this year.....it can't get any worse

:shock:

at UNI and at Cal Poly would be my guess for the two losses. I totally agree with jcu27, ewoo is in for a serious beat down.

I voted 11-0.

Clearly no need to doubt this prediction. I am never wrong.

Or at least I won't ever admit to being wrong.

get'em_griz said:
Now that signing day is over and we await spring ball, let's have some fun and look at our 2016 season.

Date - Opponent - FCS Ranking (compughterratings.com)
9.3 - vs Saint Francis (73)
9.10 - @ Northern Iowa (4)
9.24 - @ Cal Poly (56)
10.1 - vs Southern Utah (25)
10.8 - vs Mississippi Valley (123)
10.15 - vs Sacramento State (104)
10.22 - @ Northern Arizona (39)
10.29 - @ Eastern Washington (32)
11.5 - vs Idaho State (103)
11.12 - @ Northern Colorado (57)
11.19 - vs Montana State (62)

Taking an early look, what do you expect/hope the Griz record will be in 2016? Here's what I'm hoping for:

At an early glance, I think the Griz will finish at 9-2 or 8-3 with a worst-case scenario of the Griz finishing at 7-4 with all losses coming on the road to UNI, Cal Poly, NAU and EWU. If the Griz can come away with wins at UNI and Cal Poly, they have a great shot at running the table the rest of the way. I really don't see us losing at home next year. With a full year already under the belt, we should see this offense start clicking and I think the Griz can definitely win the Big Sky in 2016.
I picked you guys @ 9-2. I see loss at UNI and either EWU/SUU or MSU. For us, I would be happy with 6-5, that would be a good start IMO.

Bear Axed said:
K, I'll act like a kitten for a moment.....

No one should care how many we lose and if we get to the play offs or not

This is only a beat "State" at all costs program......

and Our defense is gunna be way better this year.....it can't get any worse

:shock:

You didn't mention being pre-season champs....Get it together.

Back