• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSN Sports picks Wentz to be No. 2 overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

farawaygriz

FYI, in a mock 1st round draft today, C Wentz is being picked 2nd in the first round draft. And if memory is correct, he didn't do very well overall against Nelson and Harris in both of the games the Griz played him, too bad the offense didn't help on the second dance at NDSU

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2016-nfl-mock-draft-round-one/ss-BBpfZ4o?ocid=ASUSDHP15#image=2

farawaygriz said:
FYI, in a mock 1st round draft today, C Wentz is being picked 2nd in the first round draft. And if memory is correct, he didn't do very well overall against Nelson and Harris in both of the games the Griz played him, too bad the offense didn't help on the second dance at NDSU

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2016-nfl-mock-draft-round-one/ss-BBpfZ4o?ocid=ASUSDHP15#image=2

Wentz did not play in the playoff game....This guy has rocketed up the draft board...

farawaygriz said:

Wentz didn't play in the playoff game against Montana in 2015. Here are his stats in the two games he played the Griz in his career.

In the loss against Montana on 8/29/15: (Griz defensive line got after it this game in the pass rush)

16/28 for 198 yards and 2 TDs/0 INTs
13 carries for 70 yards and 2 TDs
Bison ran the ball 45 times for 229 yards

In the win against Montana on 9/20/14: (Carson's 4th game started in his career)

16/24 for 167 yards and 1 TDs/0 INTs
5 carries for 22 yards
Bison ran the ball 55 times for 280 yards

Wentz also hurt his ankle bad in the 2nd qtr against us if I remember correctly. He's a great QB, I'm a little surprised he's this high up on the draft board... But I hope he does well.

Easily the best player in the FCS, but I seriously doubt he'll go #2. I'd be interested to see if Dallas takes him though.

BWahlberg said:
Wentz also hurt his ankle bad in the 2nd qtr against us if I remember correctly. He's a great QB, I'm a little surprised he's this high up on the draft board... But I hope he does well.

It was toward the end of the third quarter, actually.

"Sources said the big challenge for him will be the drastic change in the speed of the game coming from North Dakota State's opponents compared to the NFL."

D'ya think?

Wentz on a bum ankle is a step up from anything the Browns have trotted out in the past decade. Speed of the game & all.

BWahlberg said:

Revisionist history. 1:54 left to go in the THIRD quarter.

Gigantic bust in the NFL is my prediction. Unless they try to make him a pure pocket passer and take away his running. Then he'll be a Gary Kubiak type player.....best clipboard holder in the NFL.

Wentz didn't play in the playoff game but he still played twice against Nelson and Harris. The Griz played at NDSU in 2014 and if memory serves me correctly, the Bizon passing game wasn't that effective in that game either, though you don't really need too when you rush for 300.

Edit: Wentz also had a great comment the week after they lost in Missoula. He was asked by a local media guy there about the ankle affecting the loss to the Griz, and how it felt going forward. He said "What ankle injury?" He didn't use that as an excuse for the loss in Wash-Griz. Hell, more Griz fans think that was the sole reason the Griz won the game, and yet Wentz didn't use it as one. I will always respect him for that.

havgrizfan said:
Wentz didn't play in the playoff game but he still played twice against Nelson and Harris. The Griz played at NDSU in 2014 and if memory serves me correctly, the Bizon wasn't that effective in that game either, though you don't really need too when you rush for 300.

See my post above. In that game, the Griz did an outstanding job of holding the Bison to just one touchdown and five field goals. Kept them in the game.

brewskis said:
Easily the best player in the FCS, but I seriously doubt he'll go #2. I'd be interested to see if Dallas takes him though.

Hope he doesnt end up in that wasteland in Cleveland....that being said, I dont see my boys taking him at #4. If you stay at #4 you have to get an instant impact player, for them thats defense. Maybe if they move down and gain picks, I would be ok with them taking him around 10-15...I think theyre in win now mode tho....with the Romo window and all.

havgrizfan said:
Wentz didn't play in the playoff game but he still played twice against Nelson and Harris. The Griz played at NDSU in 2014 and if memory serves me correctly, the Bizon passing game wasn't that effective in that game either, though you don't really need too when you rush for 300.

Edit: Wentz also had a great comment the week after they lost in Missoula. He was asked by a local media guy there about the ankle affecting the loss to the Griz, and how it felt going forward. He said "What ankle injury?" He didn't use that as an excuse for the loss in Wash-Griz. Hell, more Griz fans think that was the sole reason the Griz won the game, and yet Wentz didn't use it as one. I will always respect him for that.

I hope he is a high draft pick, and he kicks ass in the NFL. I'll be cheering FOR him. Not sure why FCS fans would not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back