• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sun Belt Teleconference set for tomorrow

Bertram

eGriz Club
DONOR
fzRKsaA.jpg

Possible decision has been made on Idaho and New Mexico State's futures.

For some reason all I picture is a trailer park HOA sitting around discussing whether or not to put the boot to the guy that isn't mowing his lawn all the while sitting on a deck that's falling apart.

grizd said:
For some reason all I picture is a trailer park HOA sitting around discussing whether or not to put the boot to the guy that isn't mowing his lawn all the while sitting on a deck that's falling apart.
Adding App St and GSU helps but you still paint a great pic. :thumb: :D

I have never given two shits about anything the Sun Belt has EVER done, but for some strange, twisted reason I feel compelled to listen tomorrow.

The Sun Belt Conference shows Idaho the door but offers Montana a spot in the conference.

What do you do, egriz?

MT Jack said:
The Sun Belt Conference shows Idaho the door but offers Montana a spot in the conference.

What do you do, egriz?

No way. No benefit to it. They'll wait for the MWC offer.

MT Jack said:

What do you do, egriz?
They kick out Idaho on geographic grounds, then invite Montana. Real logic there, Jack.

EverettGriz said:
MT Jack said:

What do you do, egriz?

Is MWC that much better than Sunbelt? The way things are going, it'll only make sense to go FBS if you're in one of the major conferences.

footballdood said:
EverettGriz said:
MT Jack said:

What do you do, egriz?

Is MWC that much better than Sunbelt? The way things are going, it'll only make sense to go FBS if you're in one of the major conferences.

MW has a much more lucrative TV contract and better bowl tie-ins.

grizd said:

:thumb: "God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore."-- from' Blazing Saddles.'

MrTitleist said:
footballdood said:
EverettGriz said:
MT Jack said:

What do you do, egriz?

Not to mention way better teams & programs. Sun-Belt is pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

Interesting thing happening at the NAIA football level. Two Conferences( Mid-South and Sun Conference ) are merging to form one super conference (20 teams) with 3 divisions. Might offer a good case study for the NCAA to follow.

If you have any evidence that either FBS conf. has any interest in UM, please share. It certainly hasn't been in the headlines.

kemajic said:
If you have any evidence that either FBS conf. has any interest in UM, please share. It certainly hasn't been in the headlines.
This ... a question I've asked over and over to those suggesting UM move to another conference: "and this new conference would be?"

MrTitleist said:
footballdood said:
EverettGriz said:
MT Jack said:

What do you do, egriz?

For now. With cord cutting going on, I expect the days of the mega TV deals all but done with ESPiN, Fox, NBC, etc. for all but the Power 5 (and possibly down to Power 4).

Stronger case for the Big Sky Conference (slimmed down to a solid 6 -8 teams) to evolve into a new FBS league. Yes new FBS conferences can't just be started ... but a conference as a whole can make the jump.

Bertram said:
Stronger case for the Big Sky Conference (slimmed down to a solid 6 -8 teams) to evolve into a new FBS league. Yes new FBS conferences can't just be started ... but a conference as a whole can make the jump.

Huh? Sounds like Yogi Berra.

Bertram said:
This has always confused me, so The BSC could move up the "conference", obviously not everyone, and that's ok. But you can't make new conferences, so BSC wouldn't be considered a new conference then?

When the P5 leaves, personally I would think both our schools would want to move up at that point, maybe I'm wrong.

Idaho? More like Bye-daho!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IDS_Prater/status/704704795831996417[/tweet]

Back