• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vernon Adams is Short and Will Not Get Drafted

AllWeatherFan

DONOR
That's my bold prediction, which others are starting to copy:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/4/21/11477440/vernon-adams-has-not-had-a-single-pre-draft-visit-or-workout

It's too bad he's not 6'10" like that kid from the Dakotas.

So in terms of Moneyball logic, would you spend 17 billion on the tall kid or get Vernon for pennies on the dollar?

This question is for you, Growler. None of these other pinheads knows finance.

With the dearth of QB's in this draft, I'm betting someone takes a flyer in the 6th or 7th round.

Did I hear somewhere that he hadn't been anywhere for a pre-draft interview? That would be really odd given his profile.

Someone will take him hoping for the next Russell Wilson. Oregon wins their bowl game by 4 scores if VA wasn't hurt.

AZGrizFan said:
With the dearth of QB's in this draft, I'm betting someone takes a flyer in the 6th or 7th round.
While I think the title statement on this thread could well be true, I lean more toward this position. Everywhere you look -- online and in Sports Illustrated -- the "experts" are saying this will be very much a down year for good QB draft candidates. I do not see anyone "wasting" a high round pick on him, but there are just too many teams that are desperate to latch onto a viable QB candidate. In fact, even a 5th round spot would not totally shock me ... though I think it's pretty unlikely.

bgbigdog said:
Did I hear somewhere that he hadn't been anywhere for a pre-draft interview? That would be really odd given his profile.

Depends on what you or anybody thinks the pre-draft timeframe is. He had a formal interview with the Steelers back in February.

horribilisfan8184 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Someone will take a shot on Shootah
Saskatoon?
Whatever.

Playing in the CFL is the "baseline" for Adams, if he's interested. They aren't so hung up on the height thing. But with the difference in $$$, the NFL has to be first choice. Personally, I think Adams would be absolutely explosive in the Canadian style of football.

The_Real_Chief said:
Whats the deal with the shootah nickname?

I've never been able to figure it out myself.
I thought it was Shoota. As in McGavin. I think it has to do with being a Christian Father.
BTW, where have all the EWU fans gone?

AllWeatherFan said:
That's my bold prediction, which others are starting to copy:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/4/21/11477440/vernon-adams-has-not-had-a-single-pre-draft-visit-or-workout

It's too bad he's not 6'10" like that kid from the Dakotas.

So in terms of Moneyball logic, would you spend 17 billion on the tall kid or get Vernon for pennies on the dollar?

This question is for you, Growler. None of these other pinheads knows finance.

I'll take this one since Growler is out mowing his dirt.
I think the real gamble is the seven footer out of SoDak. These days, teams are wary of recessive genes. VA has proven that he can get it done on the main stage with only one eye black. The 7'2" kid couldn't dream of that. This is Shoota's draft. He has worked hard his whole life, paid his dues, and now it's Shoota's turn. He's not about to let his reign at the top be ruined by some freak, sideshow clown.

Also, from the rumor mill, during his workouts, he reported two big fat naked bikers having sex, behind the goalposts. How is he supposed to throw a deep out, Doug, with that going on?

regarding the "SHOOTA" nickname, u are over thinking this, as a hunter my view is -he throws alot with great accuracy!!!!!!

Buffalo maybe?????

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-opinion/2016/4/21/11477442/2016-nfl-draft-vernon-adams-jr-buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor

Back