• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Nation

Great article and oh so true. One of my favorite things about being a Griz these days is meeting people everywhere I travel simply because of a Griz hat or shirt one of us is wearing. I can't walk through an airport anywhere in the US without someone randomly yelling Go Griz at the sight of my Griz hat or shirt, or striking up a conversation with someone I see wearing Griz gear. I have a pretty sweet piece of handmade luggage bearing the Griz logo and colors and when it pops up at baggage claim I invariably get a friendly comment from someone in the vicinity. It doesn't matter if I'm in Minneapolis, Vegas, Miami, Hawaii, Mexico or anywhere I happen to be. Griz Nation is strong and will always be something I am proud to be a part of. Just two days ago I had a conversation with my 10-year old son why it's cool that we both like the Dolphins in the NFL and the Twins in the MLB and the Penguins in the NHL but for those teams we are simply fans...but when it comes to the Griz it's way more than that...We Are Montana....We Are Griz...we're not just fans of UM sports teams we are Montanans and we are GRIZ! He thought about it and said "We're Sidney Eagles too, right." I said that's right and we always will be but the Griz are the Sidney Eagles too, and the Blue Ponies of Havre, and the Bulldogs of Whitefish, and the Billings Broncs and all the other schools across Montana, large or small. After we talked he blazed up to his room and was back on the sofa in a hot second grinning and wearing his GRIZ pajamas at least 30 minutes before it was even close to being bedtime.

Griz90 said:
Great article and oh so true. One of my favorite things about being a Griz these days is meeting people everywhere I travel simply because of a Griz hat or shirt one of us is wearing. I can't walk through an airport anywhere in the US without someone randomly yelling Go Griz at the sight of my Griz hat or shirt, or striking up a conversation with someone I see wearing Griz gear. I have a pretty sweet piece of handmade luggage bearing the Griz logo and colors and when it pops up at baggage claim I invariably get a friendly comment from someone in the vicinity. It doesn't matter if I'm in Minneapolis, Vegas, Miami, Hawaii, Mexico or anywhere I happen to be. Griz Nation is strong and will always be something I am proud to be a part of. Just two days ago I had a conversation with my 10-year old son why it's cool that we both like the Dolphins in the NFL and the Twins in the MLB and the Penguins in the NHL but for those teams we are simply fans...but when it comes to the Griz it's way more than that...We Are Montana....We Are Griz...we're not just fans of UM sports teams we are Montanans and we are GRIZ! He thought about it and said "We're Sidney Eagles too, right." I said that's right and we always will be but the Griz are the Sidney Eagles too, and the Blue Ponies of Havre, and the Bulldogs of Whitefish, and the Billings Broncs and all the other schools across Montana, large or small. After we talked he blazed up to his room and was back on the sofa in a hot second grinning and wearing his GRIZ pajamas at least 30 minutes before it was even close to being bedtime.

That is awesome on every level.

HookedonGriz said:
Griz90 said:

That is awesome on every level.
Brought tears to my eyes.
I remember my young boys doing the same thing and they are still traveling the 350 miles one way with me every game day today!
Go Griz!

Always nice to see someone with Griz gear on .Ran into two in a grocery store in San Tan Valley Az. One was Dick Heath a former Griz QB. It was fun to recall stories about former friends

635970629314565804-1385919061_IMG_8179.jpg

:clap:

griz5700 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that ALMOST all of the ladies in this picture are enjoying themselves except the one that is throwing up tweets to BLM? :? Such hate and vitriol are better saved for attorneys in Missoula.

:coffee:

Its always nice to talk with someone wearing Griz gear or see a car whizzing by with Griz license's plates or brackets. What's really cool is how many people who are not associated with UM stop and talk about the Grizzlies. It surprising the awareness of the program even if I have to correct them about the whole FCS vs FBS, division II stuff. Other than a few disgruntled bob kitten fans everyone has been very interested.

Side note: Best time wearing my Griz gear was at a 2009 Christmas bazaar and sitting next to me was a guy in his bobcat shirt. We were talking about the playoffs while I was trying to watch the game against App. State on my phone. And he was pissed, apparently his wife of 30 years had given him an early Christmas present - a Griz sweatshirt!

Watching my son ski at Telluride, CO this year. I was wearing my griz hat and a random guy just walks by and says "Go Griz". Didn't even stop to chat. It's just like saying aloha in Hawaii.

Yukon said:
Watching my son ski at Telluride, CO this year. I was wearing my griz hat and a random guy just walks by and says "Go Griz". Didn't even stop to chat. It's just like saying aloha in Hawaii.

That's how you do it. ...Go Griz... :thumb:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
griz5700 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that ALMOST all of the ladies in this picture are enjoying themselves except the one that is throwing up tweets to BLM? :? Such hate and vitriol are better saved for attorneys in Missoula.

:coffee:
Dude! Your so sick man. You really tell it like it is! Haha black people, amirite!? Like, get em out of here! WE dont need them! Vernon Adams? More like, Dakota Prukopp! Hes way better anyway. Dude your so cool, that photoshopped girlfriend and rebel sign means that you are the man and dont take sh!t from no one! High Five! Its funny that none of these ladies would never sleep with you let alone talk to you, and yet you still find something to beat them down with! Haha, you the man.

While I can't speak for other parts of the country, while wearing Griz stuff in Vegas I always (and I mean every single time I've been there) hear GO GRIZ from random people. God it's good to be a Griz Fan! FTC!!! GO GRIZ!!!!

Saw a car in front of me with a Cats license plate frame so I had to pull past him pointing to my Griz decal in both of my rear windows. This was in Northern Texas.

TxGriz said:
Saw a car in front of me with a Cats license plate frame so I had to pull past him pointing to my Griz decal in both of my rear windows. This was in Northern Texas.

Just assuming the guy was driving a mediocre car but acted like he was driving a BMW.....

Was watching the baseball game in Cuba and saw this guy in the crowd wearing a Griz hat! Had to take a pic for proof :lol: Griz Nation really is everywhere!
https://twitter.com/dirtysoup_mt/status/712335717318270977/

Back