• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Scoreboard and Sound System

mtgrizzly

DONOR
http://963theblaze.com/new-scoreboard-headed-to-washington-grizzly-stadium-champions-center-breaks-ground-soon-at-university-of-montana/

this is awesome! :thumb:

"A new scoreboard is in the works at Washington Grizzly Stadium and University of Montana Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations Chuck Maes has Griz fans excited.
“I think we’ve had our one big videoboard up there since the early 2000s and there’s a lot of nicer products out there,” Maes said. “So our corporate sponsor Learfield Sports is going to step up and put in a new videoboard for us.”
Maes said tear down and construction won’t begin until after UM Commencement and the Summer Special Olympics, but should only take several weeks.
“We are putting a new sound system in, and when we do that, I hope people like bass. The music ought to be a little bit more enjoyable for folks to listen to,” Maes said. “It’s great to be a Grizzly. It’s fun to continually see these improvements moving forward so that the fan experience continues to grow. It’s something that people will really enjoy to attend.”
In other news, Maes said the Champions Center on campus is set to break ground in the next few weeks."

Yukon said:

“We are putting a new sound system in, and when we do that, I hope people like bass."

"He was obviously hooking up bass, I assumed.
Then he turned the little button and the car went BOOM!"

Disclaimer: use of the word BOOM is not to be confused with #BOOM. Unauthorized use of #BOOM without explicit permission of msu athletics is strictly forbidden and may result in fans and alumni developing delusional expectations, only to be let down each November.

THAT is very good news!! Hopefully we'll be able to hear something in the north end zone. We realized how poor our system really was when we attended the game at Liberty last fall. One could understand every word on their awesome sound system.

They just put in a new sound system a few years back (4-5) wonder why that one sucked so bad? (I know why)

Wanna bet they hire the same company to do the same shitty work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The sound system at WaGriz has sucked since the day the stadium opened. I will believe there is a better system when I hear it.

Yukon said:

“We are putting a new sound system in, and when we do that, I hope people like bass."

Fantastic. Imagine how good "Sweet Caroline" will sound.

......................so effing embarrassing.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
They just put in a new sound system a few years back (4-5) wonder why that one sucked so bad? (I know why)

Man it must suck to be you living in that world where the cup is always half empty and no that is not being realistic.

NativeGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Man it must suck to be you living in that world where the cup is always half empty and no that is not being realistic.

SO by me telling you the company they use to do the sound systems in stadiums all over the US is incompetant and a waste of money, you somehow come up with that response...............well peoples ears in our stadium ring louder than your words. Its an audible fact.

BTW my cup is always overflowing.......like a six pack

14 feet wider:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajmazzolini/status/728255004373450757[/tweet]

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
NativeGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

SO by me telling you the company they use to do the sound systems in stadiums all over the US is incompetant and a waste of money, you somehow come up with that response...............well peoples ears in our stadium ring louder than your words. Its an audible fact.

BTW my cup is always overflowing.......like a six pack
Sorry if the truth hurts, but you often have something negative to say about situations involving the Griz. They never do quite enough to make you happy going back the Hauck days when we won 90% of our games. Go back and read your posts. Prove me wrong. Personally I am very excited about a new score board and sound system.

Sorry you set the bar so low.

On the surface a new sound system "sounds" great but when you know the inside scoop it will be a failure like the dozens of them around the country. Thats what you get when you sleep with the devil.

Why do posters make posts saying they have inside information or know something, but then say they aren't going to say or don't say anything? Does it make them feel better about themselves to say they know something or what? I suppose there are some situations when this type of comment adds some value, but that is probably the exception. I suppose many of us may have done this to some extent, but some seem to do it more than others. I understand how it is sometimes not possible to divulge sources, but that's different.

PlayerRep said:
Why do posters make posts saying they have inside information or know something, but then say they aren't going to say or don't say anything? Does it make them feel better about themselves to say they know something or what? I suppose there are some situations when this type of comment adds some value, but that is probably the exception. I suppose many of us may have done this to some extent, but some seem to do it more than others. I understand how it is sometimes not possible to divulge sources, but that's different.

Says the guy who created a thread called: "The boys are back in town"

:lol:

PlayerRep said:
Maybe they are making fun of you? Yes you

Sent from my Samsung SM-G900 because Payton is a douchebag

grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:

Says the guy who created a thread called: "The boys are back in town"

:lol:

Did you ever find out who was back in town, or what the post was about? Funny that some of the bozo's like yourself thought a simple post like that was funny.

Corporate sponsor Learfield is stepping up to put in a huge new scoreboard and sound system at the end of their contract. Well good for them.

A new video board will be a great addition to the stadium. Hope there are plans to also replace the scoreboard with a LED board in the near future.

Back