• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nelson Suspended

The ncaa is so ridiculous. 50% of games for pot. Jeez, glad they didn't test back in my day. Most of the team would have been suspended weekly. Will be interesting to see what happens with the legalization starting to occur in states. Maybe they should start testing for alcohol, since we know that they "test" for hot dogs after games occasionally.

Why did it have to be the calming, peaceful drug? We have more potent legal alternatives that aren't nearly as safe, what was he thinking ..

Guess he"ll be available for ewu, nau, and msu but that is pretty dumb. He had to know that there was a chance of testing.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I cant beleive that in 2016 marijuana is still considered a "street drug". I would guess we pick up 1-2 CB transfers.
Well, with minor exceptions, which do not include Montana, it is still illegal ... whether any particular individuals agree or not. So it was a dumb idea to begin with.

Still, I can’t believe that in 2016, anyone thinks “recreational” use of marijuana is a good idea. At a time when “society” is pretty-well hard over against smoking tobacco, somehow it’s glamorous and “with it” to smoke MJ.

Clinical studies (National Institute on Drug Abuse https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana) have documented -- with hard numbers -- the following:
Short term
• Impaired body movement
• Impaired memory
• Mental difficulties
• Mood changes (generally for the worse, after the “high” wears off)

The numbers are still being collected, but they strongly suggest that a driver impaired by MJ is at least as dangerous on the road as someone who is moderately impaired by alcohol.

Long term
• Breathing problems (jury still out on possible higher cancer risk)
• Increased chance of heart attack due to accelerated heart rate.
• Child mal-development in pregnant women exposed to MJ
• Temporary hallucinations or paranoia.
• Heavy use in the teen (or younger) years measurably decreases mental abilities.

Admittedly, the data does not support the notion that MJ is a “gateway” drug for “most” users. However, the data does show that 30% (that’s a roughly one-in-three chance for those who don’t like percentages) can develop strong dependence or clinical addiction. All-of-the-above adverse effects become much worse with dependence or addiction … and some fraction will indeed move on to stronger drugs when MJ no longer satisfies their craving for a high.

Smoking tobacco is bad enough. Except for those who have a true medical need, smoking marijuana is just downright stupid, no matter how great you think the temporary high is.

IdaGriz01 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I cant beleive that in 2016 marijuana is still considered a "street drug". I would guess we pick up 1-2 CB transfers.
Well, with minor exceptions, which do not include Montana, it is still illegal ... whether any particular individuals agree or not. So it was a dumb idea to begin with.

Still, I can’t believe that in 2016, anyone thinks “recreational” use of marijuana is a good idea. At a time when “society” is pretty-well hard over against smoking tobacco, somehow it’s glamorous and “with it” to smoke MJ.

Clinical studies (National Institute on Drug Abuse https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana) have documented -- with hard numbers -- the following:
Short term
• Impaired body movement
• Impaired memory
• Mental difficulties

The numbers are still being collected, but they strongly suggest that a driver impaired by MJ is at least as dangerous on the road as someone who is moderately impaired by alcohol.

Long term
• Heavy use in the teen (or younger) years measurably decreases mental abilities.

Admittedly, the data does not support the notion that MJ is a “gateway” drug for “most” users. However, the data does show that 30% (that’s a roughly one-in-three chance for those who don’t like percentages) can develop strong dependence or clinical addiction. All-of-the-above adverse effects become much worse with dependence or addiction … and some fraction will indeed move on to stronger drugs when MJ no longer satisfies their craving for a high.

Smoking tobacco is bad enough. Except for those who have a true medical need, smoking marijuana is just downright stupid, no matter how great you think the temporary high is.

I think I'm going to switch over to heroin since the herb isn't giving me the buzz I need... What a ridiculous statement.

:lol:

Hell, imagine if they tested the fans, we might have about 100 people in the stands, maybe not. :sleep:

How is weed going to make you play better, anyone ?

I could care less of the pot smokers opinions. ...bottom line, he knew he shouldn't due to rules (regardless if it is bad for you or not) and did it anyway....

fanofzoo said:
Hell, imagine if they tested the fans, we might have about 100 people in the stands, maybe not. :sleep:

How is weed going to make you play better, anyone ?

IMHO, from my experience, slows things down, you see plays unfolding and are more calmly attuned to observing/recognizing and reacting to minutiae movements/tendencies..

Everything is pretty much blocked out..

You have this smiling assassin thing going

I don't feel bad that he was suspended. He knew the rules and yet he chose to smoke MJ. Completely stupid on his part. Next man up.

get'em_griz said:
I don't feel bad that he was suspended. He knew the rules and yet he chose to smoke MJ. Completely stupid on his part. Next man up.

If that's what happened, you are correct. See the post from his dad.

So... a DUI suspension is 1 or 2 games and a positive marijuana test is half the season??? Feel for the kid. Total bullshit.

IdaGriz01 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Short term
• Impaired body movement
• Impaired memory
• Mental difficulties

Long term

Spot on! :thumb:

Back