• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Meth Lab may be Razed for New EWU Field.

grizpsych

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/may/15/field-of-dreams-ewu-considers-farmers-land-for-new/

Anyone Griz fans looking for a nostalgic experience can look here:

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=835

Rjones61 said:

Seven pages. Did every EWU fan contribute to that thread?

Rjones61 said:

You linked to a thread in which your own fanbase calls you a moron and an embarrassment to all things ewooooo?

Sounds about right.

The Pavillion Project proposed in 2012 failed so now they are proposing a new stadium. I wonder if this will go 4 years in the quiet phase as well?

New stadium? If so maybe they'd give us the Roos Field press box which sad to say is far better than ours.

Well they gave the piece a perfect title, because they're dreaming. I love the opptimism they have about finding the land to build the new stadium...becuase thats always the difficult part :roll: :roll: :roll: .

I've planned and developed a good amount of stadiums and venues, and if these guys think they can build a new one for under $30 million it truly is a field of dreams.

Seems building a new stadium is overkill for EWU. Especially when they only seem to fill what they have when Griz or Cat fans come to Cheney. Think back to the less than stellar attendance seen on TV when they hosted playoff games. If they build a new stadium one would think it would be to seat 20 to 30 thousand people. That would look even worse on TV. If EWU is FCS I think an upgrade to Roos makes most since. Play a season in Spokane and complete the revocation. If EWU has real aspersions of "FBS" then maybe a new stadium would make more since. No matter what EWU will most likely continue to be back seat to UDub and WSU.

I honestly don't know why they don't play in the Albi. Their stadium is a joke, and there is a decent one right up the road. They need to get over this pipe dream of having a decent facility on "campus."

CDAGRIZ said:
I honestly don't know why they don't play in the Albi. Their stadium is a joke, and there is a decent one right up the road. They need to get over this pipe dream of having a decent facility on "campus."

Albi is a shithole......

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Albi is a shithole......

Their current stadium is amazing . . .

CDAGRIZ said:

When they quit playing there, they said it was because they wanted games on campus. I imagine that's partially true. The Griz used to out draw them pretty bad there too though. Seems like the last game at albi had around 17k with probably 10k griz fans. Guessing they were sick of getting out drawn at home.

Inland NW Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

When they quit playing there, they said it was because they wanted games on campus. I imagine that's partially true. The Griz used to out draw them pretty bad there too though. Seems like the last game at albi had around 17k with probably 10k griz fans. Guessing they were sick of getting out drawn at home.

You're probably correct. Even their current situation is an embarrassment. They try to restrict ticket sales to outsiders, but it's always their Super Bowl when the Griz come to town.

grizindabox said:
Where is Laurel County.....
It is the name Spokane news media gives to stories out of Cheney, pretending it is somewhere else, so as not to tarnish what little reputation exists for Spokane County.

grizindabox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Albi is a shithole......

Albi has been spruced up. But even in its worst imaginable condition, it is 1 million times better and preferable to Roos. And that is BEFORE that ridiculous red aberration against all that is good and right is considered.

Back