• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ben Roberts

Grizzly Oredigger

I live in Nashville so I'm interested in Ben's chances with the Titans. Looks like he's sticking around for now per the link. Also, William Poehls has been on the practice squad the last couple of years so hopefully he'll get another year in two-tone blue.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15560910/zach-mettenberger-waived-tennessee-titans

An additional link with some more information. Apparently the rookie mini-camp went well enough this past weekend.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Waive-QB-Zach-Mettenberger-in-Flurry-of-Moves/84db4569-57ab-4b61-84cc-600a5f9feb05

Nice job Ben! If this doesn't work out I'm sure he'll wind up in an NBA training camp, Tennis, NASCAR or maybe professional bowling? What an athlete. Hope he can stick with the Titans!

Drafted to play MLB as an 18 year old and then signed to the NFL after one year of college football and a 3-day mini camp. Incredible! And to think all I've managed to do today was full up my car with gas and not spill any on my dress shoes.

HookedonGriz said:
Drafted to play MLB as an 18 year old and then signed to the NFL after one year of college football and a 3-day mini camp. Incredible! And to think all I've managed to do today was full up my car with gas and not spill any on my dress shoes.

You had to drive your car to and from to get gas. You did a lot.

Congrats to Ben. I am sure he won't take the adulation until and unless he actually makes a team. :thumb:

had on the old Mariani number (#83):

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Titans/status/732275146447147010[/tweet]

HookedonGriz said:
...which is why I live in Oregon where they pump your gas for you. Cuts my workload by a solid 50%.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
I live in Nashville so I'm interested in Ben's chances with the Titans. Looks like he's sticking around for now per the link. Also, William Poehls has been on the practice squad the last couple of years so hopefully he'll get another year in two-tone blue.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15560910/zach-mettenberger-waived-tennessee-titans
Poehls actually made the active roster mid season last year and is currently the 2nd string LT on the depth chart, not that it means a whole lot this point in the season.

I'm thinkin' Ben has a real solid opportunity to make the Titan's 53 man roster. Tennessee had some of the worst receiver corps production in the NFL last season and the #12 he'll wear comes from a roster guy from last year that they just cut. Of the four guys who won contracts from the 20 in rookie camp Ben is the only WR. :thumb:

Grisly Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:
...which is why I live in Oregon where they pump your gas for you. Cuts my workload by a solid 50%.

So...why am not smart enough to pump my own gas in Oregon??? Speaking of government over reach! Really????

justanotherfan said:
Grisly Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:

So...why am not smart enough to pump my own gas in Oregon??? Speaking of government over reach! Really????
No one here complains, including me and I am a conservative.

Back