• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thank you...

floridagriz15

Coach Stitt, Kent Haslam, Greg Sundberg and crew for showing up for the 3rd Annual Fort Benton GSA Golf Tournament! Although we only had 40 some golfers. Was glad to see as many as we had for this rainy day, to raise money for a good cause!

Go Griz!

As a Fort Benton native, this is nice to see. Griz fans were few and far between in Chouteau County as a kid. I would say it has changed quite a bit. There are many long suffering griz fans in Fort Benton who have to feel good about having more and more like minded people around. I do believe that Chris Halco the pharmacist in town organizes that, so if you find your way to River City, stop by Benton Pharmacy and say thank you. I just hope you like Jimmy Buffet music.

grizatwork said:
As a Fort Benton native, this is nice to see. Griz fans were few and far between in Chouteau County as a kid. I would say it has changed quite a bit. There are many long suffering griz fans in Fort Benton who have to feel good about having more and more like minded people around. I do believe that Chris Halco the pharmacist in town organizes that, so if you find your way to River City, stop by Benton Pharmacy and say thank you. I just hope you like Jimmy Buffet music.

Yeah, you're right.. I grew up with the Halko's. Huge Griz fans!!

grizcountry420 said:
grizatwork said:

420 grew up with a pharmacist, and is still 420 - that is the sort of moderation we should all appreciate.

grizcountry420 said:
grizatwork said:

Haha yes Chris "Governor" Halko is the one who puts it on. The Utterback boys were also there today. Great time had by all Bob Kent and Greg all spoke on current topics. Griz vision was taken down today. It was a hole in one

floridagriz15 said:
Coach Stitt, Kent Haslam, Greg Sundberg and crew for showing up for the 3rd Annual Fort Benton GSA Golf Tournament! Although we only had 40 some golfers. Was glad to see as many as we had for this rainy day, to raise money for a good cause!

Go Griz!

You had a lot more golfers than we did in Great Falls.....

grizatwork said:

There are people who don't like Jimmy Buffet music? I am assuming they are deaf, insane or Cat fans. (or all three, as is usually the case)

SaskGriz said:
grizatwork said:

There are people who don't like Jimmy Buffet music? I am assuming they are deaf, insane or Cat fans. (or all three, as is usually the case)

+1. Although I would add "Commie" to the list of possibilities for those who don't like Buffett.

putter said:
floridagriz15 said:

Go Griz!

That kind of surprises me. We should have had a good 60 golfers but quite a few canceled because of the weather.

EverettGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
grizatwork said:

+1. Although I would add "Commie" to the list of possibilities for those who don't like Buffett.

Whenever I hear "Commie" I think of the late great Larry Linville (Major Frank "Ferret Face" Burns") but this is not a football post so; which Griz (former or current) had/has a better 'stache than BJ Honeycutt. :lol:

floridagriz15 said:
putter said:
floridagriz15 said:

Go Griz!

That kind of surprises me. We should have had a good 60 golfers but quite a few canceled because of the weather.

We had a perfect day. Sunny, no wind at all which does not happen all that often.

Geddes said:
I heard Stitt even shanks a 7 iron..Innovation my ass..

Sometimes he fans the two, catches the three a little thin, and he's hooked the four, hit flyers with the five, shanked the six, skulled the eight, fatted the nine, chili-dipped the wedge, and bladed the sand wedge. Don't get me started on the putter -- Old Mister Three-Wiggle. But the seven iron, he never misses with the seven iron. It's the only truly safe club in his bag.

Have you ever tried to par out the back nine at a muni in Great Falls using only a seven-iron, Geddes? I bet it never even occurred to you to try.

Brother, my old man didn't let me use anything but a 7 for like the first five years of my golfing career. It was mainly because he kept a lefty 7 in his bag for those times butted up against God knows what..he wasn't a cheater at least..

I was a toddler at the time..

Geddes said:
Brother, my old man didn't let me use anything but a 7 for like the first five years of my golfing career. It was mainly because he kept a lefty 7 in his bag for those times butted up against God knows what..he wasn't a cheater at least..

I was a toddler at the time..

Ok, sorry. I thought you were referencing the below. My bad!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVfIhrHTs5M[/youtube]

floridagriz15 said:
Coach Stitt also managed to shatter the bottle of whiskey he won on a hole prize. Didn't even get it out the door.

Can't imagine the reaction there. Brought a tear to my eye here in Chicago.

bgbigdog said:
floridagriz15 said:
Coach Stitt also managed to shatter the bottle of whiskey he won on a hole prize. Didn't even get it out the door.

Can't imagine the reaction there. Brought a tear to my eye here in Chicago.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny!!

Back