• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Portland State Rebrand

griz5700

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PSU_VIKINGS/status/733852099184730113[/tweet]

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VtBWFzb_FHg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:
"...the connection with the city".

PSU has a connection with the city?? Huh.
In their dreams!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What a crappy new mascot. He appears sad and butthurt. Looks like he was repeated violated by Fisty . . .

PI-NAU-Generic-Logo-New-042614.jpg

I like Portland State's new look. More importantly, for PSU's sake, college kids and recruits eat this shit up.

I n the time I've spent in Portland, it seems the city itself has a strong connection with PSU. The university...yes. Not so much PSU's sports teams.

Your pal, Fisty, will be there in the Skydome on October 22nd, Griz fans.

Ursa Major said:
IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:

In their dreams!

What a crappy new mascot. He appears sad and butthurt. Looks like he was repeated violated by Fisty . . .

Fisty O'Houlihan has made his way through a lot of the BSC. By hook or by crook, he's plied his trade up and up further the conference.

Just the old marketer in me, but anyone else remember seeing a similar Nike logo for another team? Touting this stuff as original concept seems a bit over the top, but when you're post script state, I suppose it works. Anything looks better than the race car helmet swooshing thingy they had before. Never mind, margarita Sunday was a hit.

I kinda like it. Gives them some swagger and spunk. Any increase in BSC branding is good for everyone. Remember, they gave us our lunch in the rain in Portland last year. Don't count 'em out. Good competition is good for all of us. After all, what if all football teams in our conference were as bad as, say...well, you know who.

I think the Viking looks pretty good. the lettering...not as much. Better than it was before for sure!

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:

In their dreams!

Fisty O'Houlihan has made his way through a lot of the BSC. By hook or by crook, he's plied his trade up and up further the conference.
The funny thing is the axe is by far the least frightening object in NAU's homoerotic art piece.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
IdaGriz01 said:
In their dreams!

The funny thing is the axe is by far the least frightening object in NAU's homoerotic art piece.

Good call. Usually, an 8# Dayton bit is enough to make me run away, but there are so many more things in that logo that terrify me that I'd run toward a large felling axe.

AZDoc said:
I think the Viking looks pretty good. the lettering...not as much. Better than it was before for sure!
I completely agree...the Viking is cool, the lettering is just a little weird. Just seems awkward.

get'em_griz said:
The Viks should use this one on their helmets.

5718_portland_state_vikings-mascot-1999.png

I never liked sado-masochist Viking. I don't care what he does with another consenting adult it's just not my thing.

If they went back to former logos, I would have went with gassy, overserved grandpa Viking. I just wouldn't leave him alone with the kids.

Portland_St_1.png

Ursa Major said:
get'em_griz said:

I never liked sado-masochist Viking. I don't care what he does with another consenting adult it's just not my thing.

If they went back to former logos, I would have went with gassy, overserved grandpa Viking. I just wouldn't leave him alone with the kids.

Portland_St_1.png

:lol: :lol: :clap:

I'm surprised they didn't borrow more from the Portland Pilots mascot, Alternative Lifestyle Larry. It is Portland after all.

46399-2699499-900_Two-Wally_s.jpg

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
get'em_griz said:

Portland_St_1.png

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Ursa Major said:
I'm surprised they didn't borrow more from the Portland Pilots mascot, Alternative Lifestyle Larry. It is Portland after all.

46399-2699499-900_Two-Wally_s.jpg
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4907689210001/portland-state-university-students-raise-money-for-hamas/?intcmp=hpbt3#sp=show-clips

Back