• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Baylor fires Art Briles

Richard Cranium

This is a total shit show at Baylor! I wonder if the NCAA will let players leave for other schools like they did at Penn State. I understand the NCAA let players at PSU leave because of the sanctions but I'm sure Baylor will soon be on major NCAA sanctions very soon. I hope our coaches are on their toes to possibly pull a few of these players to Montana.

Hey Richard....i can see the headlines now.

University of Montana Football program (having gone thru rape aligations) picks up football players from Baylor University for upcoming season.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NO...don't need it

bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:
I'd say it was about time. I'm shocked Starr let him stay this long.

If here is a God, Mr. Righteous Indignation isn't far behind him.

It being a Baptist university, there has to be some heat on him. What's interesting is that over the past year or so, he has taken on a far, far more conciliatory tone on issues. I guess it's not as easy to take shots when the shit from the fan is spraying the walls in your own office.

EverettGriz said:
bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:
I'd say it was about time. I'm shocked Starr let him stay this long.

If here is a God, Mr. Righteous Indignation isn't far behind him.

It being a Baptist university, there has to be some heat on him. What's interesting is that over the past year or so, he has taken on a far, far more conciliatory tone on issues. I guess it's not as easy to take shots when the shit from the fan is spraying the walls in your own office.

Well that didn't take long....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/baylor-kenneth-starr-art-briles_us_57472fbce4b055bb11717bbb

Not just for football, Baylor has sole their soul for athletics over the past decade or so. But don't worry for them, the NCAA has made an example out of UM, so they can continue to let big-5 conference transgressions off with a little slap.

griz71 said:
EverettGriz said:
He's out as President, 71. See the link above. He'll remain as a Chancellor.

Saw that...but even as Chancellor and professor in the law school??
Am I the only one that thinks it's ironic that Starr is the same man that tried to get Clinton impeached for getting a bj and now gets forced out for this?

alabamagrizzly said:
griz71 said:
EverettGriz said:
He's out as President, 71. See the link above. He'll remain as a Chancellor.

Saw that...but even as Chancellor and professor in the law school??
Am I the only one that thinks it's ironic that Starr is the same man that tried to get Clinton impeached for getting a bj and now gets forced out for this?

Nope.

Let's be clear: Baylor did not WANT to fire Briles, they HAD to fire Briles. Baylor commits will depart in large numbers now...UT will benefit. Baylor back to the bottom of the Big 12.

Sad really. It is not hard for coaches making enormous amounts of money to uphold standards...he had 4/5 star recruits under 4/5 star recruits. Easy to let them go. Greed.

Recruiting character matters...coaches who let guys go matter...

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
...Vince Foster...
...Nobody died here either...
...Briles got screwed...

...imitation..the ultimate compliment...
...not sure about briles..but know pflu got screwed...
...sticking up and covering up..two different sets of ideals...
...not sure what bills blow job and vinces suicide got to do with it...

... :bs: ...

zengriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
...Vince Foster...
...Nobody died here either...
...Briles got screwed...

...imitation..the ultimate compliment...
...not sure about briles..but know pflu got screwed...
...sticking up and covering up..two different sets of ideals...
...not sure what bills blow job and vinces suicide got to do with it...

... :bs: ...

What Bush said about WMD's was said previously dozens of times by WJC. So if Bush lied, Clinton lied, people died. Shouldn't the art of Zen have no political blinders, and not be slave to party talking points?

Back