• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No More Excuses

Atlanta Griz1

Since they just broke ground on the Champions Center, when this thing is finished there should be no more excuses as to why we are not returning to elite status in FCS football, and participating in national championship games once again after a long hiatus. We have all heard the excuses and the lack of acceptable training facilities and locker rooms has been a big one.

So as one poster likes to tell every recruit......."prepare to win championships". Seems like we have been preparing to do so for way too long. Now, let's actually DO IT! NO MORE EXCUSES! When this facility is completed we will have the finest stadium/facilities in all of FCS football, including being superior to NDSU. NO MORE EXCUSES! Participation trophies are no longer acceptible.

I grow weary of the "prepare to win championships" rant every time some kid signs on with the GRIZ. Conference play aside, we have not won a real championship in over a decade. Time to ramp up.

66volvo said:
I grow weary of the "prepare to win championships" rant every time some kid signs on with the GRIZ. Conference play aside, we have not won a real championship in over a decade. Time to ramp up.

I have no problem with EG's tagline but "never mistake preparation for productivity" as some guy smarter than me once said....

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Since they just broke ground on the Champions Center, when this thing is finished there should be no more excuses as to why we are not returning to elite status in FCS football, and participating in national championship games once again after a long hiatus. We have all heard the excuses and the lack of acceptable training facilities and locker rooms has been a big one.

So as one poster likes to tell every recruit......."prepare to win championships". Seems like we have been preparing to do so for way too long. Now, let's actually DO IT! NO MORE EXCUSES! When this facility is completed we will have the finest stadium/facilities in all of FCS football, including being superior to NDSU. NO MORE EXCUSES! Participation trophies are no longer acceptible.
Good post. Yes, we need to turn the corner once this thing is done and there's no reason we shouldn't. We should be able to out recruit everyone. It's been a long dry period. Too long.

This should be awesome and no question brick and mortar helps immensely but real champions come from the heart and soul. GO GRIZ!

The problem is the excuses go well beyond facilities. "The conference is getting better" is one of my favorites. This program was put on a path of mediocrity years ago, and it's not going away anytime soon.

Raider said:
The problem is the excuses go well beyond facilities. "The conference is getting better" is one of my favorites. This program was put on a path of mediocrity years ago, and it's not going away anytime soon.
Why do you say that?

All the world-class facilities in the world can't fix recruiting holes or a sure-fire stud blowing out a knee or not developing as expected.

brewskis said:
Raider said:
Why do you say that?

Because that's the way he wants it to be. His narrative will fail if the Griz do well this fall.

Raider said:

Agree 100%. The Big Sly was so much tougher when Idaho, Nevada, & Boise St. were still in it, yet we performed better in those days than we do now. Now, the Big Sky "powers" are EWU and MSU. Hell, even lowly Southern Utah wins championships now! And, North Dakota is the pre-season conference favorite!!! WTF! NORTH DAKOTA????? They used to be a body bag game for us.

Excuses are for losers! With out tradition and facilities we should be a Top 10 team every year. But the dumbing down of expectations has occurred for way too many fans.

AZGrizFan said:
All the world-class facilities in the world can't fix recruiting holes or a sure-fire stud blowing out a knee or not developing as expected.

Agree 100%. The stadium, and fans, and champions center, and the big screen, and all the fluff... can certainly help the cause but all that stuff really has no bearing on the ennd result. Hell, look at the team that's been kicking ass on the Big Sky this decade. All the peripheral stuff don't mean Stitt. Most important factor to building a championship program is the head coach, and Stitt ain't it.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Agree 100%. The stadium, and fans, and champions center, and the big screen, and all the fluff... can certainly help the cause but all that stuff really has no bearing on the ennd result. Hell, look at the team that's been kicking ass on the Big Sky this decade. All the peripheral stuff don't mean Stitt. Most important factor to building a championship program is the head coach, and Stitt ain't it.

And how can you determine after one year that he isn't? I am not saying he is or he isn't, but time will tell. I just don't get how people can determine after 1 year that he is a success or a failure?

grizatwork said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

And how can you determine after one year that he isn't? I am not saying he is or he isn't, but time will tell. I just don't get how people can determine after 1 year that he is a success or a failure?
You can't blame Cat fans. They are really, really hoping he fails.

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, I disagree with your last assertion. I believe he's more "it" than Pflu or Delaney.

AZGrizFan said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, I disagree with your last assertion. I believe he's more "it" than Pflu or Delaney.

Give me Pflu over bubble-screen Bob every time! Delaney is not even worthy of discussion.

Back