• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Project?

SoldierGriz

DONOR
With the Champions Center underway, I have lost track of the next proposed project(s).

Anyone know the current thinking on near-term and long-term?

I know there are a couple of things on the table. The big item is a multi-purpose indoor practice facility that would probably go in the River Bowl where the football practice field is. It would be used by football, track, soccer and softball. The other big item is a remodel of the space opened up by the new Champions Center (the old weight room and locker rooms). Originally I think they were going to expand and remodel the women's locker room and add some larger meeting rooms but that was awhile back.

I am not sure, but the best bang for their buck would be re-doing the west side press box and suites and add more suites to increase revenue. The press area is pretty cramped and bad overall.

I think my priorities would look like:

1. National championship

2. Complete the projects enhancing the athlete's experience...expansion/remodel locker rooms as required.
3. Indoor practice facility.
4. Suite additions/enhancements.
5. West-side press boxes.
6. Bathrooms with cat logos in the toilets.

Any more?

SoldierGriz said:

1. Complete the projects enhancing the athlete's experience...expansion/remodel locker rooms as required.
2. Indoor practice facility.
3. Suite additions/enhancements.
4. West-side press boxes.

Any more?

Beer.

snap said:
SoldierGriz said:

1. Complete the projects enhancing the athlete's experience...expansion/remodel locker rooms as required.

Any more?

Beer.

We could fund a lot of projects if they added beer sales and directed the profits to paying for improvements. Only problem is that they would have to add a whole bunch of bathrooms first. The piss lines in the stadium are already long enough as is.

84GRIZ said:
snap said:
SoldierGriz said:

Any more?

Beer.

We could fund a lot of projects if they added beer sales and directed the profits to paying for improvements. Only problem is that they would have to add a whole bunch of bathrooms first. The piss lines in the stadium are already long enough as is.

Waiting in line to take a piss is yesterday's problem. Alpha and I have been working on Griz-themed adult diapers.
We're still in the quiet phase, but stay tuned.

From an admin standpoint inside Grizzly Athletics, the remodel of the Dahlberg infrastructure, new men's and women's lockerooms for basketball, and all olympic sports, as well as a state of the art medical training facility, is the next project. I've heard the price tag will be in the same ballpark as the Champions Center, and that it's a ways out. I believe the indoor practice facility, while also on the department's wishlist, is more something that is hoping to be fully privately funded. Both are probably a decade out from actually being done though.

1. Natty
2. All the stuff on the current list, Dberg & indoor bubble @ the top.
3. New living structure for our friend and fellow egrizzer Большая Медведица. His Russian bride must be nearing the limits of her patience with him.
4. Better beer.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Getting rid of Royce so students come to our school again
:thumb:
In this order:
1) Royce gone.
2) Beer sales
3) Indoor facility

The sun will rise, the money will flow, the students will flood the zone, and the demand for additional seating will become irresistible.

UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Getting rid of Royce so students come to our school again
:thumb:
In this order:
1) Royce gone.
2) Beer sales
3) Indoor facility

The sun will rise, the money will flow, the students will flood the zone, and the demand for additional seating will become irresistible.

Unfortunately, I believe we've got a better chance of being called up to the MWC than #1 happening any time soon.

SoldierGriz said:

1. National championship

2. Complete the projects enhancing the athlete's experience...expansion/remodel locker rooms as required.

Any more?

:mrgreen:

fanofzoo said:
SoldierGriz said:

1. National championship

Any more?

:mrgreen:

Found a subcontractor for #6! Avatar is perfect.

Back