• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Night games?

Sundown

Who remembers all the Wa-Griz games under the lights before the permanent fixtures? I feel like I'm forgetting at least one...

'04 - New Hampshire
'06 - UMASS
'09 - App St.

Did I miss one or two?

Wofford 2007 defeated an undefeated Griz team by one point and I believe the offensive coordinator Phenicie(?) had some terrible play calling including I believe the same or similar running plays to close out the game.

1Griz_Fan said:
Wofford 2007 defeated an undefeated Griz team by one point and I believe the offensive coordinator Phenicie(?) had some terrible play calling including I believe the same or similar running plays to close out the game.
That was a day game.

uofmman1122 said:
1Griz_Fan said:
That was a day game.

Nice thanks for pointing that out. I remember it was cold and thought it was a game that ended at night. Either way it was a disappointing loss to a great season.

1Griz_Fan said:
uofmman1122 said:
1Griz_Fan said:
That was a day game.

Nice thanks for pointing that out. I remember it was cold and thought it was a game that ended at night. Either way it was a disappointing loss to a great season.

I froze my butt off at the Wofford game, it did end in the night!

BWahlberg said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Wasn't there a northern Iowa game?

2011 UNI yep, think we got lights that off season after.

I believe Sundown (a most apropos name for the OP of this thread if there ever was one) purposely neglected to include the UNI game since we had to vacate it.

:cool:

reinell30 said:
1Griz_Fan said:
uofmman1122 said:
1Griz_Fan said:
That was a day game.

Was a cold game, but a noon kickoff.

grizd said:
reinell30 said:
1Griz_Fan said:
uofmman1122 said:
That was a day game.

Was a cold game, but a noon kickoff.

Yeah, i remember watching Carpenter miss that field goal at the end of the game and it was still light out..

U Mass game was the coldest......for me anyway.....at the time, section 233 second row seat 16

Back