• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cunning

Fat Bruno

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-06/cchm-rsp061516.php

Research shows promising results for a device designed to protect athletes from sports-related brain injuries

Public Release: 15-Jun-2016

Experimental neck collar inspired by woodpeckers and bighorn sheep

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Two new studies involving high school football and hockey players indicate wearing a specifically designed compression collar around the neck may prevent or reduce the devastating effects of head collisions in sports. The neck device, called a Q-Collar, is designed to press gently on the jugular vein to slow blood outflow increasing the brain's blood volume. The resulting effect of the increased blood volume helps the brain fit tighter within the skull cavity, reducing the energy absorbed by the brain during collisions.

Whatever. I've looked over a lot of Bighorn Sheep in my lifetime and have yet to see one wearing a "Q Collar."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You sound like someone stupid enough to be hanging out with sheep. It's the increased volume of blood in the brain, genius.

Fat Bruno said:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-06/cchm-rsp061516.php

Research shows promising results for a device designed to protect athletes from sports-related brain injuries

Public Release: 15-Jun-2016

Experimental neck collar inspired by woodpeckers and bighorn sheep

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center

Two new studies involving high school football and hockey players indicate wearing a specifically designed compression collar around the neck may prevent or reduce the devastating effects of head collisions in sports. The neck device, called a Q-Collar, is designed to press gently on the jugular vein to slow blood outflow increasing the brain's blood volume. The resulting effect of the increased blood volume helps the brain fit tighter within the skull cavity, reducing the energy absorbed by the brain during collisions.

This is pretty cool if true. (Seems like a credible publication). I wonder about it's effect on mobility? Science will hopefully save the day. ECT is some serious shi@.

CDAGRIZ said:
Fat, do you have any relation to Fat Amy of Pitch Perfect fame?

If you know who Fat Amy is, that means you have seen the movie. What are you doing watching Pitch Perf.....

...Uh. Nevermind

I had such high hopes when I clicked on the link. Got to fat Amy and PP pretty quickly.

And by the way, if you have kids today, no way you miss PP.

Matter of fact, I have a negative relationship with Fat Amy. I tried to date her, and she says, “Roll off, fat loser man.”

If this is adapted it will cause more concussions than before.

For one simple reason.

Figure it out I am not doing your homework.

???
Overconfidence due to the equipment?

Decreased mobility?

This kind of line play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V__T34iqNOA

Back