• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Digital Equipment to Receive Griz Broadcasts

oGriz

One of the venues for watching Griz games in Phoenix (RTO's) has sold and won't be showing Griz games. I've got three alternates lined up to replace it.

I thought the information about the equipment needed and tuning was on eGriz already, but I can't find it. Any know the information for this?

Sold and won't be showing Griz games? Yeah, I mean what bar owner would want a guaranteed 30-50 people every Saturday, spending their money in your bar like clockwork and telling everyone they know to come and do the same. :lol: :lol:

Riiiiiiight. The new owner totally couldn't play another college football game not named UM and attract a hell of a lot more than 30-50 people. #You'reNotThatImportant

doc3kgt said:
Riiiiiiight. The new owner totally couldn't play another college football game not named UM and attract a hell of a lot more than 30-50 people. #You'reNotThatImportant

Most sports bars are D-E-A-D dead early on Saturday afternoons.

oGriz said:
One of the venues for watching Griz games in Phoenix (RTO's) has sold and won't be showing Griz games. I've got three alternates lined up to replace it.

I thought the information about the equipment needed and tuning was on eGriz already, but I can'tFree To Air find it. Any know the information for this?
It's called Free To Air (FTA) satellite. It is digital Ku band. Sadoun Satellite is a pretty good source (https://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Systems.htm) for equipment.

EverettGriz said:
doc3kgt said:

This is very true. Seems like a poor business decision imho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EverettGriz said:
doc3kgt said:

Not to mention, most sports bars only have one TV.

EverettGriz said:
doc3kgt said:

Not in Bozeman, fans are at bars by halftime to drink away the "L"

AZGrizFan said:
Sold and won't be showing Griz games? Yeah, I mean what bar owner would want a guaranteed 30-50 people every Saturday, spending their money in your bar like clockwork and telling everyone they know to come and do the same. :lol: :lol:
That place will be dead on Saturday afternoons. Arizona State and Arizona rarely play early afternoon games. Only time I went there was for PSU this year and couldn't get it on satellite.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
EverettGriz said:
doc3kgt said:

Not in Bozeman, fans are at bars by halftime to drink away the "L"

FUNNY! Yet so accurate!!!!

RTO's sold the place to a barbeque restaurant (Bobby Q). It won't be a sports bar at all. The building was originally a McGrath's Fish House.

I got a hold of Crunch and he provided the information needed. And yes, it's only for FTA games. The ROOT games I can see at home, but much prefer cheering with other Griz fans. And lots of venues for ROOT games.

We've narrowed the list down to 3 bars, 1 of which is owned by a Montana couple (Doc & Eddy's). It has to be big enough for up to 200 people for the Griz-Cat game.

I thought I would call Torrey Pines Bar in Las Vegas to see if they had any insights into equipment to pull in the games. Torrey Pines is a famous Griz bar for football.

They said they don't pull in the satellite feed. They stream the non-ROOT, non-ESPN games off the Internet from their office computer. Interesting.

Back