• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat fight

snap

DONOR
Hearing rumors from a very reliable source that Ty and Kane are at each other's throats. We're not talking just your standard, run of the mill disagreements. We're talking deep, dark, passionate hatred. Staff unity is hanging by a thread.

#toughnessTuesday

But what about the bobcat buddy system?!?! I can't believe there could ever be discord anywhere but Missoula. At least all my cat acquaintances tell me it's all Stitt's fault....

They're just practicing a new defensive playbook.

1264505362_cat-fight.gif

Predictable. They are going to ride each other for the brand alllllll season long. One of them will not be there this time next season. Guess which one.

It's probably not helping that Ty refers to the rest of the coaches as "lil-bro" and leaves his daily sandwich order taped to Kane's office door.

Well lets see...Ty at DC, built a pretty good defense for the Griz. Kane, played good defense as a player while he was coached with the Bobcats. His defense last year was very near the bottom of the FCS...Hmm, I think Ty wins? Jus sayin!

Neither of them know what the hell they are doing when it comes to designing a defense. They should be getting along a lot better than they are.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Neither of them know what the hell they are doing when it comes to designing a defense. They should be getting along a lot better than they are.

#saturdayshitshow

I wasn't there, but reading between the lines, it may have gone something like this...Ty and Kane were at a local establishment having a Sammy and some brewskis, a Cat fan walked by, recognizing Kane and said FTG, to which he responds loudly, "Hell ya, FTG!"
Ty reacts like Pavlov's dog and grabs Kane by the throat, to which a barely breathing Kane forces out a weak "FTC ?...

This is what happens when you hire someone outside of the NAIA ranks. Choate lined up a solid NAIA staff where the was rank and order and then rocked the boat completely when he picked up an actual FCS defensive coordinator.

Not to stress, this is nothing a gallon of Bobcat Batter can't fix. And they will always have opportunities to bond over a good ole fashioned C.A.T.S video. Maybe an afternoon of painting the east grandstands together will do the trick. Oops forgot, they can't raise the $350 in paint and supplies.

Still no reason to fret, the new AD Kyle Brennan can come and fix all of this with his solid experience. Oops, that's right he ran as fast as he could. Well maybe their second choice AD and second choice head coach can sit down and brainstorm over a nice cold one in a blue bobcat cup.

Seriously what a s%%t show. FTC all day every day.

snap said:
Hearing rumors from a very reliable source that Ty and Kane are at each other's throats. We're not talking just your standard, run of the mill disagreements. We're talking deep, dark, passionate hatred. Staff unity is hanging by a thread.
I heard something about that, but that team always seems to have some kind of locker room drama ongoing and so -- grain of salt.

That being said, Ioane didn't produce much last year after considerable hype. He obviously got a demotion in the process. He's got an ego, but he's also got the "young guy out to prove something" chip in his shoulder. Its a pretty typical "passed over for promotion and now dealing with the new boss" syndrome. It's usually not pretty.

That's in contrast to the seasoned Gregorak who no doubt has much better coaching capabilities and team building skills. Say what you want about Ty, but he is a "natural," much more experienced, and because of his personality, players will more naturally gravitate to him than to Ioane. He has "cred" and Ioane doesn't.

That's a pretty natural situation, and Ioane will have to adapt. Butting heads won't do it, for himself or for the team. Ty is the "asset," not Ioane.

grain-of-salt.jpg

snap said:
It's probably not helping that Ty refers to the rest of the coaches as "lil-bro" and leaves his daily sandwich order taped to Kane's office door.
He's the only guy there with a significant FCS record. If I were Ty, I would tape the order to Kane's forehead.

michigangriz said:
I wasn't there, but reading between the lines, it may have gone something like this...Ty and Kane were at a local establishment having a Sammy and some brewskis, a Cat fan walked by, recognizing Kane and said FTG, to which he responds loudly, "Hell ya, FTG!"
Ty reacts like Pavlov's dog and grabs Kane by the throat, to which a barely breathing Kane forces out a weak "FTC ?...
Leave me out of this I was not involved.

HookedonGriz said:
This is what happens when you hire someone outside of the NAIA ranks. Choate lined up a solid NAIA staff where the was rank and order and then rocked the boat completely when he picked up an actual FCS defensive coordinator.

Not to stress, this is nothing a gallon of Bobcat Batter can't fix. And they will always have opportunities to bond over a good ole fashioned C.A.T.S video. Maybe an afternoon of painting the east grandstands together will do the trick. Oops forgot, they can't raise the $350 in paint and supplies.

Still no reason to fret, the new AD Kyle Brennan can come and fix all of this with his solid experience. Oops, that's right he ran as fast as he could. Well maybe their second choice AD and second choice head coach can sit down and brainstorm over a nice cold one in a blue bobcat cup.

Seriously what a s%%t show. FTC all day every day.
When did they hire an FCS coordinator?

AllWeatherFan said:
I heard a rumor that Choate killed a guy once. Can anybody confirm?

Confrmed ....Ty choate on a stick of kane choating him so severely that it killed him

Back